Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stop predicting blowouts

After getting no sleep last night, I badly needed a nap two hours before kickoff. Assuming it was most likely going to be a blowout loss, I thought missing the first half of our game should not be too bad. When I was finally able to turn the TV on, the Ravens had just scored their game-winning touchdown. I felt terrible about missing good football just because nobody expected us to have a two-point lead at halftime.

So we all need to stop predicting blowout losses because the Jaguars showed us today they are not as bad as their record. What the Jaguars did in Baltimore was remind everyone they can compete against good teams for more than 30 minutes. Losing to an 8-5 team by only eight points on the road is not something to cry about. My mom called it "a respectable loss" and I totally agree.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You didn't miss good football at all. Go back to bed.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

You didn't know we were going to lose?  Whether it be a blow out, or lose by 7? 

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

You are a terrible fan.

Oh, so now we're at the point where we should accept a less-than-10 point loss as a respectable loss and 2-12 not being a bad team? Geez Louise, you take the cake for accepting futility.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:You didn't miss good football at all. Go back to bed.

I missed all four scoring drives, a successful surprise onside kick, and whatever our defense did to limit the Ravens to 10 points. You don't call that good football?

Quote:Oh, so now we're at the point where we should accept a less-than-10 point loss as a respectable loss and 2-12 not being a bad team? Geez Louise, you take the cake for accepting futility.

LOL I am not saying that. This loss hurts as much as any other. What I am saying is we should not assume just because the opponent has a winning record a blowout loss is inevitable.

We are just as bad as our record is - 2-12, tied for the worst record in the NFL.  

You should know by now that you nap during the 2nd half, not the 1st half.  Since when do the Jags even come close to scoring in the 2nd half of any game???

I expect more out of JLad...JDub would never sleep through a game.
[Image: giphy.gif]

The game is over, go get your clothes ready for work tomorrow.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

The Jags played like their record...Baltimore did not. The only reason we had a shot is because Baltimore was having a hard time executing.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Moral victories are for minor league coaches. 

Quote:I expect more out of JLad...JDub would never sleep through a game.

You know lad means boy or man, right? That would defeat the whole purpose of using the word Lady. Maybe I should just be Jaguars1997. Good thing I am waiting until after the season is over to change it.

I told Mom to wake me up before 1:00 and she forgot to call me, so she feels terrible about it.

Quote:The Jags played like their record...Baltimore did not. The only reason we had a shot is because Baltimore was having a hard time executing.

How could Baltimore have a hard time executing if our defense sucked? We must have done something good defensively.

Quote:Moral victories are for minor league coaches. 

When did I call it a moral victory?

The bar has been lowered to " a respectable loss " .

Guess we need new stats in the standings.

Wins 2

Losses 10 , 2 being respectable. Total 12.
Blakes Life Matters

I am going to predict blowouts because I'm a rebel that way.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I am going to predict blowouts because I'm a rebel that way.

thats irresponsible to do. if you predict a blowout, Jdub might wind up taking a nap instead of watching the game.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Moral victories are for minor league coaches.

Seems like every week people on this board try to find them. 2-12 is all we need to know.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:When did I call it a moral victory?

Quote:<div>
Losing to an 8-5 team by only eight points on the road is not something to cry about. My mom called it "a respectable loss" and I totally agree.
</div>

Quote:Seems like every week people on this board try to find them. 2-12 is all we need to know.

LOL We need to know more than that. Look at who beat us and by what score.