Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisch has to go

I know this has been said before, and I was against it just so we can have continuity going into next year in the same offense but today has pushed me over the edge

Why did he keep calling the bubble screen?

We call the quick slant once when its 3rd and long it worked but we never used it on short yard situations against great pass rush

He calls a backward bubble screen when we are backed up in the end zone, that is just dumb

He calls a run behind an OL guy who has been in the game for 1 play after out best OL men is hurt on 3rd and 6, of course its gonna get blown up

He calls these delay screens instead of quick screens

This guy has to go

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is almost like the Gene Smith of O-coordinators.

I almost want to give him a pass on things because the offensive line is so bad, but, how do you only roll out Blake one time with how bad the line was getting worked?

Unfortunately if Bortles had put the screen pass in front of the player as opposed to behind they may have had a chance but when your WR cannot catch it without adjusting backwards you are doomed.

Section 214. Go Canes!

Quote:I almost want to give him a pass on things because the offensive line is so bad, but, how do you only roll out Blake one time with how bad the line was getting worked?

Both ends were having field days today.

Section 214. Go Canes!

He really does. An absolutely terrible offensive coordinator. But he isn't going anywhere.

He should not even get on the plane home.

Quote:He really does. An absolutely terrible offensive coordinator. But he isn't going anywhere.
This is my fear.  I hope we get some change.  For the better.

Quote:He is almost like the Gene Smith of O-coordinators.

Thinks he's smarter than everyone, but fails miserably.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Agree 100% with the title of this post. It's time and todays game blew the reason (s) wide open for why Fisch has to go. This game was lost solely because of terrible offensive strategies from the OC. 8 sacks on a QB who was forced to drop back passing based on the play that was called on the sideline. Bortles is clearly not a premier QB but his strong suit is his ability to run around. Fisch did not take advantage of this by calling plays like quick slants, quick roll outs, or quick screens. However, on a couple of those sacks I saw the defensive lineman not even get bumped as he practically walked over to Bortles and threw him to the ground. We have an OL who is playing zone pass protection when they are lucky to even be able to figure out what that word means. Keep it simple for your OL Fisch. Straight up blocking is better than missed assignments. Granted, on a scale of 1 to 10 our OL is a 3 (maybe). Frankly, there are OL in college that are better than what we've assembled. Throw that in with an OC that really doesn't know what he's doing and is TERRIBLE at making adjustments to what the defenses are doing and that spells losses 9 times out of 10 games. That's just about where we stand on our record too. Our record directly reflects with what Jedd Fisch has managed to accomplish thus so far. If we had a terrible defense, it would not be unreasonable to think we'd be 0-14 at this point. FISCH HAS GOT TO GO!

Everyone wants us to open the checkbook for FAs...Maybe what we need is to open the checkbook on some coaching

Quote:Everyone wants us to open the checkbook for FAs...Maybe what we need is to open the checkbook on some coaching

The Jaguars just refuse to even consider the top options at HC. The same year that Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Bruce Arians were hired, the only coaches that the Jags were linked to were Gus Bradley, Mel Tucker, Greg Roman, and Keith Armstrong. The only NFL HC who was paid less than Bradley this year was the fired Dennis Allen. 

Quote:The Jaguars just refuse to even consider the top options at HC. The same year that Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Bruce Arians were hired, the only coaches that the Jags were linked to were Gus Bradley, Mel Tucker, Greg Roman, and Keith Armstrong. The only NFL HC who was paid less than Bradley this year was the fired Dennis Allen. 
I know this isn't popular opinion, but for some reason I get this funny feeling that there could be some serious changes. As I watched the game today I just couldn't help but think Khan is sitting there, watching, saying to himself "this is unacceptable and I want answers." Nothing may happen but I am starting to feel like changes could be coming.

WHAT A WONDERFUL HALFTIME ADJUSTMENT? I swear I am going crazy. How can our owner not see this. This coaching staff is over their head. Fisch is ruining Bortles.

Say what you will about Fisch and the O-line, but this one today falls on Bortles. He can't get beyond first read, find his checkdown and/or trust his receivers to be where they should and put the ball to them. He is playing scared with no confidence.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Say what you will about Fisch and the O-line, but this one today falls on Bortles. He can't get beyond first read, find his checkdown and/or trust his receivers to be where they should and put the ball to them. He is playing scared with no confidence.
Cant get beyond his first read? He barely has time to finish his drop before its time to bail.

Quote:I know this isn't popular opinion, but for some reason I get this funny feeling that there could be some serious changes. As I watched the game today I just couldn't help but think Khan is sitting there, watching, saying to himself "this is unacceptable and I want answers." Nothing may happen but I am starting to feel like changes could be coming.

The OC play calling was bad.  I liked the move to go for it on 4th down.  I liked the onsides kick.  I liked the fake punt.

But man, this offense is horrible.  Just flat out horrible. 

Yes, we have a Rookie QB.  Yes we have an attrocious O-Line.  But man, this East Coast Offense needs to go.  It's just not NFL football we're watching most of the time.  Especially in the 2nd half.

In the first half, we seem to be able to move the ball because the D is still trying to figure out what we're doing.  But once the 2nd half comes, the opposing D buckles down, and then we're stuck in the mud.

Quote:Say what you will about Fisch and the O-line, but this one today falls on Bortles. He can't get beyond first read, find his checkdown and/or trust his receivers to be where they should and put the ball to them. He is playing scared with no confidence.

While I agree that there are issues with BB5 and his first read, and pre-snap reads...  This game was not on him at all.  This was all schemes if you ask me.

BB5 made alot of throws, I thought when he had time.  The O-Line let him down alot.  And you're beginning to see a QB that has ZERO, and I me ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE in his blockers...

With that said, dude, the idea of wasting plays by throwing wide out to our WRs to only pick up 0-1 yards be attempt is killing us.  The fact that we're bunching the formation and not spreading out 4 WRs more is killing us.  The slow developing sweeps with our bad O-Line and unstable RBs is killing us.

BB5 wasn't the problem this week.  He really wasn't.

Quote:BB5 wasn't the problem this week.  He really wasn't.
He really wasn't. I honestly saw a guy who has zero confidence in his line. Not because he is scared, not because he has no confidence, but maybe more likely is that he feels he is going to have to make a play more often then not, rather than letting a play develop.

Quote:He really wasn't. I honestly saw a guy who has zero confidence in his line. Not because he is scared, not because he has no confidence, but maybe more likely is that he feels he is going to have to make a play more often then not, rather than letting a play develop.

I noticed from basically the start of the game that BB5 was just ready to bail out of the pocket as soon as he felt any pressure.  It's obvious why.  That O-Line has bene letting him down all year.  I think it's pretty telling in terms of BB5's play today that the O-Line has worn him down.  I really hope that we fix the O-line this off-season.  To me it's the most important hole that needs to be fixed.

No matter what anyone says regarding our D, we're holding teams to less than 25 points per game.  If we could consistently score in the mid 20s we'd be a play-off contending team.