Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Ravens Game Day Thread

Quote:LOL. That's what they should be doing every week.

Well, it took a crack staff of University of Florida Mathematics Ph.D's to figure out the flaw in the game plan...  So of course it took a few months for them to carry all the 1's.  Not to mention the long division involved in the formulas...

Math is hard when you're hanging out in jorts all year long...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sam Kardashian- The team should be feeling good about playing in this stadium very familar site.

TB- Sam uh what the hell are you talking about the team hasn't played in Baltimore in almost 10 years.

This pregame show is trash, Glad I only watch this crap about 4 times a season.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Bucs and Tacks have a real shot of winning today. This could really help us.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 01:05 PM by BlueCrab.)

Ravens fan here. I'm amped for the game and have been reading your guys' message board a bit this morning. I found it especially interesting how you think every team underestimates "how bad you really are" ... To be fair, as a couple posters pointed out, many NFL fans don't get Jags games. I probably speak for most Ravens fans when I say we just assume the media overblows suckitude (and greatness, at the other end of the spectrum) for the sake of easy storylines.

(Plus, as someone who plays fantasy, it was confusing to hear about how "awful" the Jags are then see Shorts III and Hurns producing in PPR!)

Anyway, I've learned a bit from reading the forum today so I thought I would join in the spirit of friendly competition. Even though there is "revenge" talk, and I admit I'd love to "avenge" the loss from three years ago... again, it was three years ago. And that was the year we lost to the Patriots in the AFCCG in NE because Evans dropped a TD and Cundiff choked like the choker he is. You can argue that if we'd had the #1 seed, we would've beaten NE since things were that close playing them away, but the fact is we did everything to win that game and didn't. I see it as a moot point.

Here's to no injuries and a fun game! I'm interested to see the Jags' D, which I've actually heard complimentary things about, as well as Bortles. I don't underestimate teams playing for pride ... you'll be looser than anyone on the Ravens' sideline!

just sittin here getting lickered up fer the butt whoopin , listenin to the reverend Horton heat

sup with yall ?

Quote:Ravens fan here. I'm amped for the game and have been reading your guys' message board a bit this morning. I found it especially interesting how you think every team underestimates "how bad you really are" ... To be fair, as a couple posters pointed out, many NFL fans don't get Jags games. I probably speak for most Ravens fans when I say we just assume the media overblows suckitude (and greatness, at the other end of the spectrum) for the sake of easy storylines.

(Plus, as someone who plays fantasy, it was confusing to hear about how "awful" the Jags are then see Shorts III and Hurns producing in PPR!)

Anyway, I've learned a bit from reading the forum today so I thought I would join in the spirit of friendly competition. Even though there is "revenge" talk, and I admit I'd love to "avenge" the loss from three years ago... again, it was three years ago. And that was the year we lost to the Patriots in the AFCCG in NE because Evans dropped a TD and Cundiff choked like the choker he is. You can argue that if we'd had the #1 seed, we would've beaten NE since things were that close playing them away, but the fact is we did everything to win that game and didn't. I see it as a moot point.

Here's to no injuries and a fun game! I'm interested to see the Jags' D, which I've actually heard complimentary things about, as well as Bortles. I don't underestimate teams playing for pride ... you'll be looser than anyone on the Ravens' sideline!

We usually only give a half worth of football, so hopefully Ravens D won't to kill Bortles in that time. 

Spent the night vomiting and all day feeling terrible. Jags could save my day from being a complete disaster but I don't see it happening.

Baltimore 38 - Jaguars 10.

Oh damn Ravens, for some reason I thought it was tacks week and we had a chance.

Welp.

Is Storm or Toby starting?

Only 3 more times this year for me to feel this mix of optimism and humiliation.

Fanhood is a strange thing.

In 7 or 8 months, we will be back to the entire spectrum of first pick in 2016 to superbowl 2015.

What a wild ride this whole thing is.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ravens 35 - 7 Jaguars.

I'm optimistic.

Quote:Only 3 more times this year for me to feel this mix of optimism and humiliation.

Fanhood is a strange thing.

In 7 or 8 months, we will be back to the entire spectrum of first pick in 2016 to superbowl 2015.

What a wild ride this whole thing is.

I want off Mr. Khan's wild ride.

Quote:We usually only give a half worth of football, so hopefully Ravens D won't to kill Bortles in that time. 

That depends on how much your coaching staff asks Bortles to throw deep and test our putrid secondary. I personally don't know Blake's abilities or arm strength or anything like that, but if he has it, Jags's best bet is definitely to sling it all over the place.

todays word

SLING !

im all in

Quote:I want off Mr. Khan's wild ride.
You should re-think your username then.

PS: free will.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

im recording the browns bengals game

This image sums up being a Jag fan:

[Image: thank+you+sir+may+i+have+another+1.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 02:00 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:Ravens fan here. I'm amped for the game and have been reading your guys' message board a bit this morning. I found it especially interesting how you think every team underestimates "how bad you really are" ... To be fair, as a couple posters pointed out, many NFL fans don't get Jags games. I probably speak for most Ravens fans when I say we just assume the media overblows suckitude (and greatness, at the other end of the spectrum) for the sake of easy storylines.

welcome to the jungle!

Thank you for stopping by!

On behalf of My fellow jags fans....

Here's to a good competitive game with no injuries!

Feel free to join us here any time....

especially if the jags win today!

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 02:02 PM by ibjagged.)

well played jags mvp Big Grin

Quote:I want off Mr. Khan's wild ride.
The train's leaving, get on.... :woot:

Let's go Jags! Here's hoping for a good showing
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus