Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin smith fined...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Absolutely obnoxious.

I'm tired of over analysis on everything.  -- General Comment

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 04:51 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/120202...ton-texans

Wallbash
 they are ruining the game.. players will on occasion bump helments this was a silly flag but a giant joke as a fine...

Quote: they are ruining the game.. players will on occasion bump helments this was a silly flag but a giant joke as a fine...

The ridiculous part is that it's obviously about who got hit, not the hit itself.

Has anyone playing against the Jaguars this season been fined anything close to 22k for a hit this season?

I miss old school football.

Quote:I miss old school football.

Yeah the leather helmets were very cool.  The bars on some of these helmets look like Mac Truck grills.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 05:11 PM by isobozo.)

So when you go to tackle a receiver and he brings his head down to waist level when your going for the tackle then hit head to head its a 22k fine.   Yeah [BAD WORD REMOVED] YOU Roger 

Quote:So when you go to tackle a receiver and he brings his head down to waist level when your going for the tackle then hit head to head its a 22k fine.   Yeah [BAD WORD REMOVED] YOU Roger 
This!!!!

Can't blame Goodell he just does the owner's bidding.  But either way I think this isn't necessary.

Is that pre-tax?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

So $22,050 and 15 yards.... hmmm...... don't know why we didn't spend that 14 years ago when Manning started his decade of destroying the Jacksonville Jaguars. I'm just sayin.... I couldn't be a coach in this league..... :whistling:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Laughing

[Image: A9iiX9vCAAAJO1v.jpg]

Quote:So when you go to tackle a receiver and he brings his head down to waist level when your going for the tackle then hit head to head its a 22k fine.   Yeah [BAD WORD REMOVED] YOU Roger 

[Image: BxOLgnBCMAA8q-P.jpg-large.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 05:54 PM by SpeedyG.)

This was a dumb flag and an even dumber fine. Andre Johnson came across the middle, turned his back to the goal line and caught the ball as he curled his body to an almost fetal position in order to protect himself.

Yeah, read that again...

A wide receiver protecting himself, in complete control of his movements, as he caught the ball...gets the benefit of a call for an illegal hit to a defenseless receiver....

Swearinger get fined for his hit on Harbor?

That was dirty as hell.

Quote:Swearinger get fined for his hit on Harbor?

That was dirty as hell.

Of course not.

Quote:Swearinger get fined for his hit on Harbor?

That was dirty as hell.

Didn't see anything about one, but it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Play "two hand touch" or put flags on the QB and receivers and play flag football. Then watch the attendance evaporate.

Im surprised that such a "small" hit knocked him out. Heck, I woulda expected Telvin to get hurt more on that play since it was his facemask to Andres side helmet.