Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin smith fined...

Quote:Im surprised that such a "small" hit knocked him out. Heck, I woulda expected Telvin to get hurt more on that play since it was his facemask to Andres side helmet.

It was a very minor hit. Telvin held up instead of diving at Andre and got punished for it.

The moral of the story is try to take out the guy's knee instead.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In case someone didn't see it.

[Image: ElectricMelodicEwe.gif]

Quote:The ridiculous part is that it's obviously about who got hit, not the hit itself.

Has anyone playing against the Jaguars this season been fined anything close to 22k for a hit this season?

The whole thing is ridiculous. The NFL needs to stop fining players for accidental helmet collisions. Who got hit just makes it worse.

Quote:It was a very minor hit. Telvin held up instead of diving at Andre and got punished for it.

The moral of the story is try to take out the guy's knee instead.

I agree Telvin Smith did not deserve a fine, but how do you call it a minor hit when Andre Johnson lost his helmet and got hurt on the play?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 06:49 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:I agree Telvin Smith did not deserve a fine, but how do you call it a minor hit when Andre Johnson lost his helmet and got hurt on the play?

I see guys helmets come off all the time with minor contact.

Guys get hurt without even getting touched. An injury on the play isn't indicative of some kind of vicious hit.

This fine further indicates what I've been feeling as I E-Mailed the NFL office and voiced my opinion. Fining players $20+ grand for a hit is Ludicrous... Simply Rediculious... Goodall is an Head Hunter himself. He should be fined...

Every since he took over, he's been Money Hungry...

Being respectful while saying the least...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I see guys helmets come off all the time with minor contact.

Guys get hurt without even getting touched. An injury on the play isn't indicative of some kind of vicious hit.

Non-contact injuries are usually not concussions though. They tend to be soft tissue injuries - strains, sprains, and tears.

Quote:I agree Telvin Smith did not deserve a fine, but how do you call it a minor hit when Andre Johnson lost his helmet and got hurt on the play?

I call it Football...

Football is the Most violent game played. The players know from Pop Warner to rhe NFL that it's an violent game. That's also why it's the #1 watched...

THAT'S WHY WE WATCH THE GAME...

GLADIATORS 101...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Non-contact injuries are usually not concussions though. They tend to be soft tissue injuries - strains, sprains, and tears.

Being NFL Concussed comes in many forms. An player could simply be shoe string tackled while his head bounces off the turf and voila...

CONCUSSED...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Being NFL Concussed comes in many forms. An player could simply be shoe string tackled while his head bounces off the turf and voila...

CONCUSSED.

Yeah, I remember what happened to Jonathan Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz. But obviously in this case it was caused by Telvin Smith headbutting Andre Johnson.

Quote:Yeah, I remember what happened to Jonathan Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz. But obviously in this case it was caused by Telvin Smith headbutting Andre Johnson.

I guess its time to dislocate ankles now, since receivers are bringing their head waist level.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 07:31 PM by Treestone Ice.)

We all knew he would get fined the very second the play happened, but I thought he made a great tackle. Was unfortunate that Andre got hurt, but it was clearly unintentional.

I'm really over Goodell and his dictator style of running things. It doesn't make any sense to fine a player who has to make a split decision and accidentally hits someone in the head. Penalty? Sure, whatever. Fines should be reserved for intentional offenses though.

I'm hoping the whole Ray Rice thing gets Good old Roger de-throned.

Quote:We all knew he would get fined the very second the play happened. I don't much care about the fine (easy to say when it's not my money), but I thought he made a great tackle on the play. Was unfortunate that Andre got hurt, but it was clearly unintentional.

I'm really over Goodell and his dictator style of running things. It doesn't make any sense to fine a player who has to make a split decision and accidentally hits someone in the head. Penalty? Sure, whatever. Fines should be reserved for intentional offenses though.

I'm hoping the whole Ray Rice thing gets Good old Roger de-throned.
The owners will just put another puppet in place to do their bidding.

Quote:In case someone didn't see it.

[Image: ElectricMelodicEwe.gif]
I'm surprised by the reactions in this thread. It's a clear helmet to helmet hit and the worst kind of too since it was on the earhole. I certainly don't think it was intentional but the fine was entirely justified. 

Quote:The owners will just put another puppet in place to do their bidding.
Its amazing how people don't understated this.

Roger Goodell does and says what 32 owners tell him to. Just like every previous commissioner, and just like every future one will.

Quote:The owners will just put another puppet in place to do their bidding.

At this point, I don't even care. Roger has gotten so bad, any change would be good. Whenever I see Roger Goodell at the draft, hugging the players that he's getting ready to fine the crap out of, I instantly want to vomit uncontrollably. That dudes gotta go.

Quote:I'm surprised by the reactions in this thread. It's a clear helmet to helmet hit and the worst kind of too since it was on the earhole. I certainly don't think it was intentional but the fine was entirely justified.

It was clearly helmet to helmet, but how can you justify fining someone for an accident? Especially fining a rookie, later-round pick 22k. A penalty should suffice. A fine should be reserved for intentional violations.

As a Texans fan I can share the sentiment that Smith shouldn't have really been fined on that hit. Or at least certainly not that big of a fine.

Helmet to helmet hits will happen in football, unfortunately that comes with the territory in the game. But if the league is gonna give punishments for when it happens then it does need to cut both ways-offensive players can't get all of the treatment while defensive players have to constantly watch themselves. That's why I despise how Goodell runs the league.

Quote:Yeah, I remember what happened to Jonathan Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz. But obviously in this case it was caused by Telvin Smith headbutting Andre Johnson.

Telvin Smirh DID NOT HEAD BUT Andre Johnson...

Smith assumed an defensive tackling position to which Johnson assumed an to be tacked position in part creating the so called Head Butting...

You should see that the offensive player also has an part in being CONCUSSED...

If Mr. Johnson never lowered his head. He'd would'nt be CONCUSSED...@

DO YOU NOT SEE THIS?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Another thing, I don't think Goodell is as much of a puppet as y'all think. He's got a pretty decent amount of authority, especially on these kinds of issues. You can't honestly tell me the owners are telling homeboy to make Telvin Smith pay 22k for one lousy hit.