Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Ceiling.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 11:52 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:The game will slow down for the players when they get adjusted to the speed. When that happens is the golden question. If you've ever played a sport, you know what I'm talking about when you've finally adjust to the speed of the game.
How long u think that will takes? People use to same the same thing about Gabbert..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How long u think that will takes? People use to same the same thing about Gabbert..

When you use Gabbert as a comparison to ANYONE....you're reaching...badly.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 11:59 AM by MikePete54.)

In Madden, Bortles rating is 99 in his second season.

So I guess his ceiling is a mix of Manning, Montana, Brady, Marino and Favre.

[Image: Cross-fingers-Luck.jpg]

Quote:When you use Gabbert as a comparison to ANYONE....you're reaching...badly.
Im not comparing him, merely stating quotes some of our fans believed. Anyways Gabbert was reach by this organization but thats another topic.

Quote:Im not comparing him, merely stating quotes some of our fans believed. Anyways Gabbert was reach by this organization but thats another topic.
No....Gabbert wasn't a reach. Did he play horribly? Yep. But he was drafted right about where everyone thought. That's not a reach.

And, by the way, it's still a terrible comparison...or however you want to word it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 02:11 PM by Etdavis2006.)

No they have not. People just get better at different rates from others. Alden Smith hit the ground running since he was drafted but Ziggy Ansah appears to be taking the 3 year approach. He was bad last year, much improved this year and looks like he will break out next year. The rule of thumb is 3 years. And that goes both directions.

Some guys suck early and get better later. RG3 on the other hand, started of great and looks to be trash now.Looking to be the same with Andy Dalton. 3 years is what it takes because you are typically what you are by that point. Fortunately the youth excuse runs out very soon. Honestly its not such a bad thing to have a young team now. The thinking is they will all grow together and have that chemistry early in their careers. What you don't want is the 2014 raiders or 2012 jags were you are extremely veteran at all spots and just suck. Their is no ability to get better in those teams. 

Quote:No they have not. People just get better at different rates from others. Alden Smith hit the ground running since he was drafted but Ziggy Ansah appears to be taking the 3 year approach. He was bad last year, much improved this year and looks like he will break out next year. The rule of thumb is 3 years. And that goes both directions.

Some guys suck early and get better later. RG3 on the other hand, started of great and looks to be trash now.Looking to be the same with Andy Dalton. 3 years is what it takes because you are typically what you are by that point. Fortunately the youth excuse runs out very soon. Honestly its not such a bad thing to have a young team now. The thinking is they will all grow together and have that chemistry early in their careers. What you don't want is the 2014 raiders or 2012 jags were you are extremely veteran at all spots and just suck. Their is no ability to get better in those teams.
What makes u think Dalton is trash?I think he took his team to the playoffs every year and statistically improve also. I agree tho about not swamping team with vets and still being trash.

Quote:What makes u think Dalton is trash?I think he took his team to the playoffs every year and statistically improve also. I agree tho about not swamping team with vets and still being trash.

Have you watched him play? 

Huh

Quote:What makes u think Dalton is trash?I think he took his team to the playoffs every year and statistically improve also. I agree tho about not swamping team with vets and still being trash.
I was more so going with the popular belief on that. He is a decent guy but has not taken a step forward. I think he is okay but not worth the money is getting currently. It is clear he only excels because of AJ Green.  

Stephen Morris never developed at Miami under Fisch. He always threw Int's

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:How long u think that will takes? People use to same the same thing about Gabbert..

Gabbert was so frustrating because you would get a little glimpse of something and I would think okay maybe he can do this.  When Bortels took the field in the preseason, I immediately thought that is Quarterback play and holy cow was I wrong all that time with Gabbert.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Stephen Morris never developed at Miami under Fisch. He always threw Int's

No QB develops under Fisch.