Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best Case Scenario

What would be ur BCS for the offseason and then the draft..

Offseason- right tackle competition MLB competition, cut Pus, sign best safety available (I always get confused which side we need help on... I know It's Evans position) decide on pending free agents clemmons, shorts. I was for cutting clemmons but seems like the past week he has been doing pretty well. Justin blackmon gets reinstated (hey we can dream).

Draft- if we are going to compete I believe we are going to need offensive line help and offensive playmakers... A tight end that is a threat and a deep threat wideout.
<!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->No time for the Fairweather fans. Support your Jacksonville Jaguars everyday WIN, Lose, or Tie. <!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"cut Pus" lol

Best case scenario.  Every other player in the NFL is suspended for the year.  Jaguars have no one suspended.  The rest of the league has to find street FA and college players to fill their roster.  Jags finish 5-11.

One of these years.............

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM by HolsterHusto.)

2: R1P2

DE RANDY GREGORY

NEBRASKA

34: R2P2

C CAMERON ERVING

FLORIDA STATE

66: R3P2

S CODY PREWITT

OLE MISS

98: R4P2

TE CLIVE WALFORD

MIAMI

130: R5P2

RB TODD GURLEY

GEORGIA

162: R6P2

QB SEAN MANNION

OREGON STATE

194: R7P2

FB JALSTON FOWLER

Would then sign Michael Orakpo and Will Conant as UDFAs.

In FA I would sign FS Tayshaun Gipson, TE (Cameron or Gresham), OTTO KJ Wright, and RT (Bulaga or Carpenter).

Best case scenario Blackmon comes back and Bortles becomes a stud.

At the beginning of the year the roster would like the following:

QB - Bortles, Henne, Mannion, Morris

RB - Robinson, Gurley, Storm, Toddman

FB - Fowler, Gerhart (3rd down)

TE - FA, O'Leary or Walford, Harbor

WR - Blackmon, Hurns, Sanders

WR - Robinson, Lee, Shorts, Copeland

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Beadles, Shatley

C - Erving, Bowanko

RG - Linder

RT - FA, Pasztor, Young

LEO - Clemons, Gregory, Branch, Davis, Smith

DT - Marks, Hood

NT - Miller, Jones

LDE - Bryant, Alualu

WLB - Telvin, Geno

MLB - Poz, George (KJ moves here on 3rd)

OTTO - Wright, Thomas, Orakpo

CB - McCray, Ball, Harris

FS - Gipson, Prewitt

SS - Cyp, Evans, Loston

CB - Gratz, Colvin, Blackmon, Reynolds

K - Scobee, Conant

P - Anger, Conant

LS - Tinker

KR - Gurley, Toddman

PR - Lee, Ace

This team should give Blake plenty of protection and weapons.

Also, since this is best-case scenario, Greg Roman gets a call from his buddy Dave to be an assistance offensive coach/O-Line coach.

I never considered if Harbough is gone from the niners, Roman may be a FA.  I wonder if he'd take an assistant HC / OC deal.  That would be bad for Bortles in the short term but may be better in the long run.

Get  at least two immediate upgrades/contributors from FA.

Get at least two immediate contributor/upgrades from draft. 

Eliminate special teams mistakes. 

Finish next season somewhere near .500 with obvious improvement on offense and in the back 7 of the defense. 

Quote:2: R1P2

DE RANDY GREGORY

NEBRASKA

34: R2P2

C CAMERON ERVING

FLORIDA STATE

66: R3P2

S CODY PREWITT

OLE MISS

98: R4P2

TE CLIVE WALFORD

MIAMI

130: R5P2

RB TODD GURLEY

GEORGIA

162: R6P2

QB SEAN MANNION

OREGON STATE

194: R7P2

FB JALSTON FOWLER

Would then sign Michael Orakpo and Will Conant as UDFAs.

In FA I would sign FS Tayshaun Gipson, TE (Cameron or Gresham), OTTO KJ Wright, and RT (Bulaga or Carpenter).

Best case scenario Blackmon comes back and Bortles becomes a stud.

At the beginning of the year the roster would like the following:

QB - Bortles, Henne, Mannion, Morris

RB - Robinson, Gurley, Storm, Toddman

FB - Fowler, Gerhart (3rd down)

TE - FA, O'Leary or Walford, Harbor

WR - Blackmon, Hurns, Sanders

WR - Robinson, Lee, Shorts, Copeland

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Beadles, Shatley

C - Erving, Bowanko

RG - Linder

RT - FA, Pasztor, Young

LEO - Clemons, Gregory, Branch, Davis, Smith

DT - Marks, Hood

NT - Miller, Jones

LDE - Bryant, Alualu

WLB - Telvin, Geno

MLB - Poz, George (KJ moves here on 3rd)

OTTO - Wright, Thomas, Orakpo

CB - McCray, Ball, Harris

FS - Gipson, Prewitt

SS - Cyp, Evans, Loston

CB - Gratz, Colvin, Blackmon, Reynolds

K - Scobee, Conant

P - Anger, Conant

LS - Tinker

KR - Gurley, Toddman

PR - Lee, Ace

This team should give Blake plenty of protection and weapons.

Also, since this is best-case scenario, Greg Roman gets a call from his buddy Dave to be an assistance offensive coach/O-Line coach.

This sounds phenomenal.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This would probably be my ideal realistic offseason. It's a bit long winded, but I've been thinking about our offseason plans recently so I may as well write them down.

There are a few impact free agents that I hope we target, should they actually hit the market this offseason.

1. Devin McCourty: He's not a ball hawk, but he a disciplined free safety who will instantly make our secondary better.

2. KJ Wright: We need another starting OLB to go along with Telvin Smith and it's already known that he fits our system.

3. Brian Bulaga: He's an above average RT and if he hits free agency we can upgrade the weakest position on the line.

4. Jordan Cameron: He has an injury history, but when healthy he's a talented pass catching TE.

I'd also hope to re-sign a couple of our impending free agents as well. Re-up with Roy Miller on a long term deal. He should be the priority of our coming free agents. Miller has played well and I don't believe he'll command a large salary. Re-sign JT Thomas to be our primary backup LB. If Thomas would go elsewhere, I'd look to offer Geno Hayes a similar deal that he got last time (2 years, $2 million) to be our fourth linebacker. I'd also sign Pastzor to compete for the starting RT position if we can't get someone like Bulaga. Pastzor has played injured this season and I think he's serviceable when healthy. I'd offer a 1-2 year deal to Alan Ball, though it would be a lowball offer. Ball has played great for us, but our future CBs on the outside are McCray and Colvin. I'd also cut Ziggy Hood or at a minimum renegotiate his salary, he's not worth $4million and I'd rather use Alualu, Abry Jones, or a late round draft pick/low level free agent signing anyways.

I'll only put the first three rounds of the draft since it's a crapshoot anyways this early:

1. Randy Gregory: I believe he's the best pass rusher in the draft and he's versatile enough that he could be used at the OTTO in some packages. Let him be a rotational end this season and have him take over as the starting LEO in his second season over Clemons.

2. Highest rated interior lineman: A player like Cameron Erving or Reese Dismukes could be available in the mid 30s and would immediate depth to our interior. Both would work in a zone block scheme and they could compete with Bowanko for the starting center position. If Bowanko wins out, I think either could be converted to guard and could take over at LG in their second season if Beadles doesn't improve his play.

3. Cody Prewitt: Ideally we would have signed McCourty to be our starting FS, but we still need depth at the position. Josh Evans is at best a hybrid safety and I believe would work best as Cyprien's backup. This draft class lacks free safety talent, so Prewitt may go earlier than the third, but if available he would definitely improve the depth in our secondary.

you really think gurley will be available in the 5th round? That would be pretty awesome... i know he will be coming off of a knee injury. But Thanks for all the input. It wouldnt hurt me to lose the rest of the games. Set us up for a better draft pick, and selfishly I hope we get the number one pick. We have never had one of those and we would get the most coverage in the offseason.

This year is done, we are not going to the playoffs so here  is to already thinking about next year... 

<!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->No time for the Fairweather fans. Support your Jacksonville Jaguars everyday WIN, Lose, or Tie. <!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

Quote:you really think gurley will be available in the 5th round? That would be pretty awesome... i know he will be coming off of a knee injury. But Thanks for all the input. It wouldnt hurt me to lose the rest of the games. Set us up for a better draft pick, and selfishly I hope we get the number one pick. We have never had one of those and we would get the most coverage in the offseason.

This year is done, we are not going to the playoffs so here is to already thinking about next year...

I seriously doubt he would be there in the 5th, I was just going off Fanspeak. He will most likely go in the late 1st-late 2nd. His situation is closer to Willis McGahee than Marcus Lattimore.

Would be ideal if the Jags could trade down a tad in the 1st, still get Randy Gregory and another 2nd, and then pick up Gurley and a O-Lineman in the 2nd. Then go TE and FS in rounds 3 and 4.