Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Ravens fans are saying

Believe it or not, there are some worried Ravens fans this week. But the best part is fans want revenge for the 2011 loss in Jacksonville.

"2011. Monday Night Football. 12-7. #neverforget. Let's get revenge and get our 9th win!"

"jax should not be taken lightly.. they have a few playmakers."

"shut down the run game. force blake to hit 3rd and 4th progressions."

"Lololol the Last thing we need to do is underestimate the Jags and Lose 6-3"

"I hope Harbs (Harbaugh) show tape of the MNF debacle in 2011. I want revenge on them."

"Yup don't need to remind anyone of the 2011 Jags game that kept us from the #1 AFC seed, if I recall."

"Jags have really been competing weekly regardless of record. Today through the first half they were toe to toe with the Texans. This team better not overlook them or D.Robinson might be hitting long runs on us. Need to make this a business game and take care of it."<i> Later another poster reported Denard's foot injury. Nobody is worried about Toby Gerhart.</i>

"exactly what i said, jax isnt as bad as advertised, if you sleep on them they will surprise you, if we come out and play to our potential we will absolutely annihilate them, but if we are treating it like a bye week or a free win, we will be in trouble."

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">"They don't have Darryl Smith no more tho I remember he killed us that game" Uh, what? Don't they have Daryl Smith now?

"We're gonna play down to our opponent, I just know it. The Jags offense will look like the greatest show on turf. Going to be very tough to move the ball on this defense. Not confident in this game at all."

"Bortles will throw for a career (high) 450+ yards."

"Can't play with this team. Have to completely dominate them."

"Let's not forget our last game against JAX. That loss ultimately kept us from getting #1 seed. Worst Ravens game I've ever seen in the Harbaugh era. By far."

"It's a TRAP!"

"Never forget that MNF. That was horrible. Let's just destroy them. We have the personnel to do that."

"Cyprien is leading the Jags in tackles whatever the hell that means but at least he can tackle"

"Our offensive line vs. their defensive line. That should be an interesting battle to watch.."

"Trap game."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is your commentary on the Daryl Smith comment for real? 

I have a friend who's a Ravens fan. This is just further proof Ravens fans are idiots. 

If the Ravens secondary isn't trashtier then it's awfully close. We should be able to pass on them, and Ngata being out will help our rungame though their front is still stout. I imagine they will disguise some blitzes and coverages. We are a team that can't afford to make mistakes. With the horizontal playcalling of Fisch, every pass will be strongly contested.

I'm starting Bortles in my 2 qb league in a playoff game.  I'm hoping for a shootout!

that MNF game was fun to watch, for us!

Quote:I'm starting Bortles in my 2 qb league in a playoff game.  I'm hoping for a shootout!

that MNF game was fun to watch, for us!

the game Derek Cox looked like Revis. lol

Bold text is my own below.  These are the ones that made me laugh.

Quote:"jax should not be taken lightly.. they have a few playmakers."  Not sure whether this is meant to be funny.

"Jags have really been competing weekly regardless of record. Today through the first half they were toe to toe with the Texans."  This poster has never seen a full Jaguars game.

"exactly what i said, jax isnt as bad as advertised, if you sleep on them they will surprise you, if we come out and play to our potential we will absolutely annihilate them, but if we are treating it like a bye week or a free win, we will be in trouble."  Absolutely true.  Love the talk about being annihilated.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

"Cyprien is leading the Jags in tackles whatever the hell that means but at least he can tackle"  I don't even......

One of these years.............

Quote:Believe it or not, there are some worried Ravens fans this week. But the best part is fans want revenge for the 2011 loss in Jacksonville.

"2011. Monday Night Football. 12-7. #neverforget. Let's get revenge and get our 9th win!"

"I hope Harbs (Harbaugh) show tape of the MNF debacle in 2011. I want revenge on them."

"Yup don't need to remind anyone of the 2011 Jags game that kept us from the #1 AFC seed, if I recall."

"Jags have really been competing weekly regardless of record. Today through the first half they were toe to toe with the Texans. This team better not overlook them or D.Robinson might be hitting long runs on us. Need to make this a business game and take care of it."<i> Later another poster reported Denard's foot injury. Nobody is worried about Toby Gerhart.</i>

"exactly what i said, jax isnt as bad as advertised, if you sleep on them they will surprise you, if we come out and play to our potential we will absolutely annihilate them, but if we are treating it like a bye week or a free win, we will be in trouble."

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"They don't have Darryl Smith no more tho I remember he killed us that game" Uh, what? Don't they have Daryl Smith now?

"We're gonna play down to our opponent, I just know it. The Jags offense will look like the greatest show on turf. Going to be very tough to move the ball on this defense. Not confident in this game at all."

"Let's not forget our last game against JAX. That loss ultimately kept us from getting #1 seed. Worst Ravens game I've ever seen in the Harbaugh era. By far."

"It's a TRAP!"

"Never forget that MNF. That was horrible. Let's just destroy them. We have the personnel to do that."

"Cyprien is leading the Jags in tackles whatever the hell that means but at least he can tackle"

"Our offensive line vs. their defensive line. That should be an interesting battle to watch.."

"Trap game."

are you sure this isnt just all stuff that you made up?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 01:53 PM by CSO14.)

It will be a lot like last week.  Come out with fire in the first half.  They will buckle down and finish the game.  I do think Blake has a shot at 300+ yards 3 TDs this week.  Ravens D isn't as good as advertised.  Do they just look at stat sheets or are oblivious?  Cyprien is not a difference maker...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:It will be a lot like last week.  Come out with fire in the first half.  They will buckle down and finish the game.  I do think Blake has a shot at 300+ yards 3 TDs this week.  Ravens D isn't as good as advertised.  Do they just look at stat sheets or are oblivious?  Cyprien is not a difference maker...

i know cyp hasnt played great but i still think he compensates for the linebackers and evans.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:It will be a lot like last week.  Come out with fire in the first half.  They will buckle down and finish the game.  I do think Blake has a shot at 300+ yards 3 TDs this week.  Ravens D isn't as good as advertised.  Do they just look at stat sheets or are oblivious?  Cyprien is not a difference maker...

Or he is a difference maker in the wrong way....

Quote:Believe it or not, there are some worried Ravens fans this week. But the best part is fans want revenge for the 2011 loss in Jacksonville.

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">"They don't have Darryl Smith no more tho I remember he killed us that game" Uh, what? Don't they have Daryl Smith now?

"It's a TRAP!"

"Trap game."
These quotes make our team seem like we are a 7-6 team...

They have NO clue how bad we are...

Quote:These quotes make our team seem like we are a 7-6 team...

They have NO clue how bad we are...

Agree.  It's like bizarro world reading about their perceptions.  I think just about every team's fan base has thought we are better than we actually are.  One consistent thread throughout our schedule is that every fan base believes we are a "trap game".  It really sucks being *that* team...the team that it's embarrassing to lose to.

Quote:Agree.  It's like bizarro world reading about their perceptions.  I think just about every team's fan base has thought we are better than we actually are.  One consistent thread throughout our schedule is that every fan base believes we are a "trap game".  It really sucks being *that* team...the team that it's embarrassing to lose to.

Hey, it's quotes from people on a message board, not "real" people. LOL.

Every message board has a large percentage of fans who are prone to be overly dramatic and fearful, who are ready at the drop of a hat to go to worst case scenario. Always on suicide watch.

You would think this game would be perceived as one of the least stressful games of the Ravens' year.

And you're right - it seems every game against the Jaguars is seen as a trap game.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Agree.  It's like bizarro world reading about their perceptions.  I think just about every team's fan base has thought we are better than we actually are.  One consistent thread throughout our schedule is that every fan base believes we are a "trap game".  It really sucks being *that* team...the team that it's embarrassing to lose to.

Nah, trust me on this, BIzarro World would have the Ravens fans fearful of them getting blown out by us.  :pinch:

I live in Maryland and no Ravens fan I know is expecting an easy win. They expect to win, but don't believe we're gonna just roll over and let them have it. Given the state of our roster, I'm personally OK with that mindset with or without the "trap game" throw in.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Nah, trust me on this, BIzarro World would have the Ravens fans fearful of them getting blown out by us.  :pinch:

I live in Maryland and no Ravens fan I know is expecting an easy win. They expect to win, but don't believe we're gonna just roll over and let them have it. Given the state of our roster, I'm personally OK with that mindset with or without the "trap game" throw in.

The Jaguars are to the NFL as Vanderbilt is to the SEC.  If you beat them, no one cares because you're supposed to.  If you lose to them, it's hilarious.

End of first half.........Jags 13. Ravens 10. Final score..........Jags 16. Ravens 27.

I think it's hard for other teams fans to understand how bad we are.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Hey, it's quotes from people on a message board, not "real" people. LOL.

Every message board has a large percentage of fans who are prone to be overly dramatic and fearful, who are ready at the drop of a hat to go to worst case scenario. Always on suicide watch.

You would think this game would be perceived as one of the least stressful games of the Ravens' year.

And you're right - it seems every game against the Jaguars is seen as a trap game.

Yes, the Jacksonville Jaguars are the official trap game of the NFL.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think it's hard for other teams fans to understand how bad we are.

That's only because they don't watch any Jags football at all during any part of the season.

They just have no idea how awful the Jags are, none.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.