Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 15

Week 15 NFL TV maps, including the Jäguars road game at Baltimore, are already up: http://506sports.com/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why do MIami and Tallahassee get the Bengals/Browns game?

Quote:Why do MIami and Tallahassee get the Bengals/Browns game?

It looks as if Miami is getting the Green Bay - Buffalo game. I'm trying to think of a reason the Palm Beach County area would get Bengals - Browns, other than the fact a lot of mid-westerners live in south Florida.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:It looks as if Miami is getting the Green Bay - Buffalo game. I'm trying to think of a reason the Palm Beach County area would get Bengals - Browns, other than the fact a lot of mid-westerners live in south Florida.

If the Dolphins were playing in a different time slot,   I would understand Palm Beach County getting the Bengals- Browns game as both of those teams are also in the AFC playoff hunt.  

I'm wondering if Johnny Manziel's promotion to the Browns starting lineup was the deciding factor?   Being that there are plenty of Packers and Bills fans in South Florida,   a case can be made that their respective fan bases offset the Bengals-Browns fan bases in that area.

Quote:If the Dolphins were playing in a different time slot,   I would understand Palm Beach County getting the Bengals- Browns game as both of those teams are also in the AFC playoff hunt.  

I'm wondering if Johnny Manziel's promotion to the Browns starting lineup was the deciding factor?   Being that there are plenty of Packers and Bills fans in South Florida,   a case can be made that their respective fan bases offset the Bengals-Browns fan bases in that area.

Johnny Manziel's promotion obviously explains why the game will be shown in Texas. However, you would think southeast Texas got the Texans.

Quote:If the Dolphins were playing in a different time slot,   I would understand Palm Beach County getting the Bengals- Browns game as both of those teams are also in the AFC playoff hunt.  

At first I wondered why all of Texas was getting Bengals - Browns, but then I though - Johnny Football. And I'm really pulling for the Browns now.

As for Palm Beach County - I guess that was the most appealing game they thought they had for that area. It's not a bad game to get.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Johnny Manziel's promotion obviously explains why the game will be shown in Texas. However, you would think southeast Texas got the Texans.

My guess is many people in Texas,  including in the Houston primary and secondary markets,   are going to watch the Browns game against the Bengals.   The popularity of Johnny Manziel amongst many football fans in Texas is huge.  A sizeable number of football fans in Texas have more interest in College and High School Football connections than rooting for an NFL team.  Especially an NFL team not named the Dallas Cowboys.

Quote:At first I wondered why all of Texas was getting Bengals - Browns, but then I though - Johnny Football. And I'm really pulling for the Browns now.

As for Palm Beach County - I guess that was the most appealing game they thought they had for that area. It's not a bad game to get.

It's indeed a good game to get.   Both the Bengals and Browns are fighting for their playoff lives.  It's also a huge rivalry,  when combining the teams being in the same division,   the same state,  and the Paul Brown connection for both franchises.   Add Johnny Manziel's promotion to the mix and I'm sure FOX is glad that it has this game as an option.  

Quote:It's indeed a good game to get.   Both the Bengals and Browns are fighting for their playoff lives.  It's also a huge rivalry,  when combining the teams being in the same division,   the same state,  and the Paul Brown connection for both franchises.   Add Johnny Manziel's promotion to the mix and I'm sure FOX is glad that it has this game as an option.  

The 8-4-1 Bengals are only trying to stay ahead of the 8-5 Steelers and Ravens. They have been the division's front runner since the Panthers game. Meanwhile the Browns are fighting to stay alive in the playoff race.

Fox early doubleheader game map has been updated:  http://506sports.com/

WJAX-TV CBS Channel 47 is televising the Jaguars NFL On CBS early regional single header road game in Baltimore. :yes:

WFOX Channel 30 is televising the Battle Of Ohio II featuring the Bengals @ Browns early, and 49ers @ Seattle, late NFL On Fox regional double header games in Jacksonville, both games seen live on HD.  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:   ^_^

Quote:Fox early doubleheader game map has been updated:  http://506sports.com/

WJAX-TV CBS Channel 47 is televising the Jaguars NFL On CBS early regional single header road game in Baltimore.

WFOX Channel 30 is televising the Battle Of Ohio II featuring the Bengals @ Browns early, and 49ers @ Seattle, late NFL On Fox regional double header games in Jacksonville, both games seen live on HD.

Unfortunately I am right outside the area showing the Battle of Ohio and stuck with the lousy Buccaneers/Panthers game. Good thing we play at the same time so I don't have to complain about it.

Manzeil is going to destroy the Bungles. :yes:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana