Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More Aaron Colvin love...

Quote:Allen Bailey. It would be awesome to get Houston but yeah, I am sure he gets tagged.
Bailey! I kept wanting to type Allen Branch. Thanks.

This is going to be a very interesting off season because teams just don't have the money they once had due to these HUGE QB contracts. There will be a number of really good FA's out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Both Houston and Rodney Hudson are free agents. I wonder if they cannot get something long term, if they consider tagging Hudson instead.

Quote:You're really reaching with this one.

What does it say about Belichick that it took an injury for him to start Tom Brady? What does it say about John Harbaugh that it took the Ray Rice fiasco for him to start Forsett? What does it say about Tom Coughlin that it took an injury for him to play Fred Taylor?

I remember Fred Taylor in his first preseason. He couldn't find the hole to save his life. Coughlin had no choice.

I don't remember ever reading about Brady outplaying Bledsoe in that preseason, and you may have a point there. Would you kindly provide a link?

Maybe you would also like to expound on Forsett, since I'm no expert on the Ravens and you apparently are. Is he really better than Ray Rice? How do you know that Rice would not be doing as well or better had he played this year?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I remember Fred Taylor in his first preseason. He couldn't find the hole to save his life. Coughlin had no choice.

I don't remember ever reading about Brady outplaying Bledsoe in that preseason, and you may have a point there. Would you kindly provide a link?

Maybe you would also like to expound on Forsett, since I'm no expert on the Ravens and you apparently are. Is he really better than Ray Rice? How do you know that Rice would not be doing as well or better had he played this year?

Rice has been as done as MJD has been since at the very least last season.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 01:29 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I remember Fred Taylor in his first preseason. He couldn't find the hole to save his life. Coughlin had no choice.

Some people are just "gamers". You don't see it in practice but when its time to play, they perform. Fred Taylor was the perfect example of that. Should Coughlin be faulted for not recognizing that?

In regards to Brady:

Quote: By the 2001 preseason, Brady had improved to the point that Coach Belichick was suitably impressed with his development - even if Bledsoe had not gone down to injury, he might have gotten an opportunity to play. Brady had also added about 25 pounds to his frame and no longer looked too spindly for the NFL.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2010/09/2001-tom-brady-replaces-injured-drew.html?m=1'>http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2010/09/2001-tom-brady-replaces-injured-drew.html?m=1</a>

Did you see Ray Rice last year? He fell off the proverbial cliff and had his worst season of his career. He's slow and worn down like MJD now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Some people are just "gamers". You don't see it in practice but when its time to play, they perform. Fred Taylor was the perfect example of that. Should Coughlin be faulted for not recognizing that?

In regards to Brady:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2010/09/2001-tom-brady-replaces-injured-drew.html?m=1'>http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2010/09/2001-tom-brady-replaces-injured-drew.html?m=1</a>

Did you see Ray Rice last year? He fell off the proverbial cliff and had his worst season of his career. He's slow and worn down like MJD now.

1. Thanks for the link about Brady. I did not know that.

2. I don't fault Coughlin for starting Stewart over Fred. That was my point, that it was different with McCray because McCray played well in preseason while Fred didn't.

3. Forsett was a bad example, since Harbaugh had no choice. Who knows whether or not Forsett would have started had Rice been eligible?

However, I take back what I said about Gus not starting McCray. The Jags played 3 CBs more often than not, and McCray was usually one of the three, even early in the season.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 05:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:McCray to nickel. Makes no sense
this, move our best corner to nickel makes zero sense.

Quote:Maybe I'm missing something here... But I think McCray has been playing really good coverage all season.  My ideal line up includes him as one of our starting CBs.

What's your concern about him as a starter that you would only want him in on nickel packages?

Putting the best guys on the field.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:no, this guy just has a random hatred for McCray.

Lol... "hatred"

So juvenile.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 06:22 PM by paulyman29.)

Quote:Putting the best guys on the field.
I think the team has two starting corners in McCray and Colvin. Perhaps we could draft a nickel CB or acquire one via FA. Gratz will also still be around to compete for the nickel back positon.

That IMO would be getting the best guys on the field.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 07:00 PM by NH3.)

Quote:Here is the link <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/12/10/7367393/jaguars-aaron-colvin-pro-football-focus-top-10-cornerback-over-past-two-weeks'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/12/10/7367393/jaguars-aaron-colvin-pro-football-focus-top-10-cornerback-over-past-two-weeks</a>

It's obviously early, but so far it looks like David Caldwell has to put together a really impressive draft, if Blake Bortles is a hit then it's easily the best draft and franchise history. Allen Robinson is a stud; Marqise Lee has flashed big time playmaking ability. Brandon Linder has been one of the best interior offensive linemen in all of football, Luke Bowanko was a steal, Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin are nice building blocks on defense. If Luke Joeckel and Jonathan Cyprien live up to their draft status, the 2013 draft will be a hit too considering how well Demetrius McCray and Denard Robinson has played.[/size]
I agree to all said...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I too feel that we have our starting CBs in McCray and Colvin. The only drawback is that we resign Ball...

NH3...
"AZANE"

McCray and Colvin will be the starters next season going into training camp

Quote:Lol... "hatred"

So juvenile.
what would you call it? your unfounded criticisms of him seem more juvenile than that.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I too feel that we have our starting CBs in McCray and Colvin. The only drawback is that we resign Ball...

NH3...

Drawback?

;

;

Quote:what would you call it? your unfounded criticisms of him seem more juvenile than that.

Unfounded criticisms?

Link?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 06:45 PM by Vino.)

Quote:Unfounded criticisms?

Link?
Quote:Not today.  Today you saw his true colors.

Some folks fall for anything.

He's certainly not what some of you think he is.

He's not the future at either corner.  Both sides need significant upgrading.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Drawback?

Yes Drawbacks...

Ball was a steal. He was solid as a DB. He seriously held his own. He lived on an Island...

If Caldwell resign Ball, I see him as an starter...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Yes Drawbacks...

Ball was a steal. He was solid as a DB. He seriously held his own. He lived on an Island...

If Caldwell resign Ball, I see him as an starter...

NH3...
if Ball gets resigned and plays the way he has the last couple of years they will probably keep Colvin as the nickel corner another year

Quote:Here is the link http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/12/10/...-two-weeks

It's obviously early, but so far it looks like David Caldwell has to put together a really impressive draft, if Blake Bortles is a hit then it's easily the best draft and franchise history. Allen Robinson is a stud; Marqise Lee has flashed big time playmaking ability. Brandon Linder has been one of the best interior offensive linemen in all of football, Luke Bowanko was a steal, Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin are nice building blocks on defense. If Luke Joeckel and Jonathan Cyprien live up to their draft status, the 2013 draft will be a hit too considering how well Demetrius McCray and Denard Robinson has played.
Bowanko a steal and Linder one of the best interior lineman in all of football?  What?!  Bowanko has played pretty sub-par.  He's done okay for a 6th round pick I suppose, but I'd rather us get somebody better because he's still looking like a liability and I think he'll remain one.  Linder's gone from crud to a bit above average to below average lately.  I think he's by far the best O-Lineman on the team (the other four starters are terrible in my opinion) but I think it's a heck of a stretch to call him one of the best interior lineman in all of football.

Aside from that, A-Rob does look great and I'd like to see some more big plays from Lee.  I'd definitely agree with everything else.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.