Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O-Line Personnel May Not Change (according to O'Halloran)

I expect the Jags to bring a third rounder to compete (beat out) Pastzor at RT.  Pastzor will be the swing G/RT.  He adds decent depth providing he can recover and improve from his injury.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I said it before in other threads.  People aren't probably going to get all the new faces on the Oline like they want, and I wouldn't expect a high draft pick spent on the Oline.

Quote:The Defense has problems too, obiviously at Free Safety (biggest concern), CB, and the team will need an ILB as Poz is getting older.... along with a true speed demon at DE....

The problem is the Offense is so much worse... they really need a true Oline coach to start off with.... better conditioning too many injuries... and more talent on the line....

[Image: 120714-NFL-Jaguars-Blake-Bortles-pi-ssm....dium.0.jpg]

Your picture references a sack Blake took where JJ was unblocked on a naked bootleg.  If you're going to call for sweeping changes to the Oline, then I'd hope you would have a better picture to illustrate it.

I agree. We need a new starter at RT but I am fine with that being the only change to our lineup for next year. That doesn't mean we won't go out and draft more depth though.

Quote:I said it before in other threads.  People aren't probably going to get all the new faces on the Oline like they want, and I wouldn't expect a high draft pick spent on the Oline.

People aren't going to get what they want.  Like Wins and Hope Big Grin

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Were going to need another vet somewhere across this o line, and adding one through the draft like you pointed out. Anywhere in 4th-6th round would be fine. Any picks above that need to be used for defense, too many holes.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:I agree. We need a new starter at RT but I am fine with that being the only change to our lineup for next year. That doesn't mean we won't go out and draft more depth though.

I hope it's more than depth.   We need some offensive linemen to come in and compete for starting spots.   If these young guys we already have don't improve, then I would hope the new ones we get this year can beat them out for the spot.   Just bringing in guys for depth, to me, is risking Blake's career on the hope that the guys we have will improve.  That's a very foolish risk that we don't need to take.   

Quote:Were going to need another vet somewhere across this o line, and adding one through the draft like you pointed out. Anywhere in 4th-6th round would be fine. Any picks above that need to be used for defense, too many holes.

The biggest problem the defense has is that the offense cannot sustain drives and keep them off the field. 

Quote:So what happens next offseason when Mack is available again? Do we upgrade Bowanko even if he continues progressing and playing well?

Mack isn't available this offseason.

Quote:We def need depth but for starters...

Between what I think will happen and what I'd like to see happen I think the starters are...

LT Joeckel

LG Beadles

C Bowanko

RG Linder

RT Need someone here!

In all reality, if we could find a top tier RT who can dominate his man like Linder than the right side of our line would be awesome!

I think it'll be fun to see what Joeckel, Bowanko and Linder can do next year with a full off-season of NFL caliber conditioning and learning more of their techniques/craft and the mental part of the game (improve communication).

Right tackle is important and quality depth. But, This is why I've been saying we probably won't be seeing OL taken in rounds 1 or 2
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I don’t have much confidence in the o-line but I do know a big part of any o-line success is continuity and playing time together

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 11:04 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

TJ Clemmings (RT) out of Pitt is a freak  (6'6" - 315 pounds).  All ACC 1st team and used to play DE in 2013.   We was coached by Chryst (former Wisconsin OC) so he knows how to block.   I'd take him at the beginning of the 2nd round.

note: don't accidentally type TJ Cummings in Google or you'll get some ripped up white model dude.  He's pretty hot but I'll stick with my wife for now.  :mellow:

Quote:I'm not expecting broad sweeping changes as our line is generally young and still developing, but I do expect us to take an o-lineman higher in next years draft than you suggest and possibly add another quality free agent for depth/competition.

Luke (draft status), Beadles (big FA signing), and Linder (playing well) should be the only ones locked in. Bring in a veteran FA or a top pick for either C or RT position to push or supplant a 6th round draft pick who is really only starting by default (Brewster was terrible and McClendon was...well, less terrible) and a RT who shows promise but isn't consistent/oft-injured.

Don't agree with much that O'Halloran said... He seems to be writing change simply by how they were acquired, not how well/bad they are playing. Left side of the line is weak and not sure how he says Beadles is rock steady. Far from it and quite frankly they should cut the cord on that guy. Bring in some comp at Guard and both Tackle spots. Best man wins! With Luke and Austin, we would atleast have depth.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Houston is probably upset that Dumervil gets to go against this Oline this week (enough said).... he's going to get at least 2 sacks maybe more (quote me on it)

We can't go into next year with the same issues on the Oline. We have got to keep Bortles upright and we are struggling in both pass protection and run blocking. I believe our offense will only be as good as our oline.

get a RT.  shouldn't be that difficult since apparently nobody wants to get one before the 3rd round...

Quote:Your picture references a sack Blake took where JJ was unblocked on a naked bootleg.  If you're going to call for sweeping changes to the Oline, then I'd hope you would have a better picture to illustrate it.
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...-rough-day

Dec 1st ESPN on Jags Oline after the Giants game ....

It wont let me use certain image extensions for photos not sure  why https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...S1FnpLR7Mq

Quote:Your picture references a sack Blake took where JJ was unblocked on a naked bootleg.  If you're going to call for sweeping changes to the Oline, then I'd hope you would have a better picture to illustrate it.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...l-32-teams

I guess the NFL writers are all wrong about the Jaguars Oline too?

3. Jacksonville Jaguars
<b>2014 record:</b> 2-11 (.536)
<b>Top three needs:</b> OT, CB, RB
<b>Analysis:</b> The Jaguars need a lot of help, but the cupboard isn't completely bare. Their defensive line has played pretty well and they took care of quarterback and wide receiver needs in the last draft. But deficiencies lie in almost every other area.
<b>Top-rated seniors at positional needs:</b> OT: Brandon Scherff (Iowa), Cedric Ogbuehi (Texas A&M), La'el Collins (LSU); CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest), Byron Jones (UConn); RB: Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska), Jalston Fowler (Alabama), Karlos Williams (Florida State)

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...l-32-teams

I guess the NFL writers are all wrong about the Jaguars Oline too?

3. Jacksonville Jaguars
<b>2014 record:</b> 2-11 (.536)
<b>Top three needs:</b> OT, CB, RB
<b>Analysis:</b> The Jaguars need a lot of help, but the cupboard isn't completely bare. Their defensive line has played pretty well and they took care of quarterback and wide receiver needs in the last draft. But deficiencies lie in almost every other area.
<b>Top-rated seniors at positional needs:</b> OT: Brandon Scherff (Iowa), Cedric Ogbuehi (Texas A&M), La'el Collins (LSU); CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest), Byron Jones (UConn); RB: Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska), Jalston Fowler (Alabama), Karlos Williams (Florida State)

Ryan O says get used to it.  He knows what he's talking about.  This is the guy who said JJ Watt sucked against us.