Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O-Line Personnel May Not Change (according to O'Halloran)

Everybody talks about the O Line getting stronger. 

From what I've seen, a lot of offensive linemen achieve the maximum strength in college when they can juice up legally.  Once they hit the NFL, they need to maintain the weight & muscle mass they built in college.  Unless offensive lineman are masking HGH,  the players from D1 schools that had all of the muscle mass products, weights, and training available to them from ages 18-22 don't just get stronger in the NFL when there is an emphasis to build up within the rules. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've seen a mock that had Duke Johnson dropping to Round 3 --- that would be a nice addition.

DE - Gregory (Nebraska)

OL - Clemmings (Pitt)

RB - Duke Johnson (the U)

Quote:TJ Clemmings (RT) out of Pitt is a freak  (6'6" - 315 pounds).  All ACC 1st team and used to play DE in 2013.   We was coached by Chryst (former Wisconsin OC) so he knows how to block.   I'd take him at the beginning of the 2nd round.

note: don't accidentally type TJ Cummings in Google or you'll get some ripped up white model dude.  He's pretty hot but I'll stick with my wife for now.  :mellow:
Him and Stanley out of Notre Dame look legit.  I'd be happy grabbing one of them as our RT and put them to LT if Joeckel struggles after next year.

I wonder if GM Dave Caldwell will attempt to sign FA Green Bay Bryan Bulaga after this season is over?

Quote:TJ Clemmings (RT) out of Pitt is a freak (6'6" - 315 pounds). All ACC 1st team and used to play DE in 2013. We was coached by Chryst (former Wisconsin OC) so he knows how to block. I'd take him at the beginning of the 2nd round.

note: don't accidentally type TJ Cummings in Google or you'll get some ripped up white model dude. He's pretty hot but I'll stick with my wife for now. :mellow:

I just want to note that a lot of our struggles along the line is because these guys are highly inexperienced. Would it be ideal to add to that by playing another rookie draft pick on the line? People are having a hard time with patience now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:TJ Clemmings (RT) out of Pitt is a freak  (6'6" - 315 pounds).  All ACC 1st team and used to play DE in 2013.   We was coached by Chryst (former Wisconsin OC) so he knows how to block.   I'd take him at the beginning of the 2nd round.

note: don't accidentally type TJ Cummings in Google or you'll get some ripped up white model dude.  He's pretty hot but I'll stick with my wife for now.  :mellow:

sounds similar to jason peters.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I've seen a mock that had Duke Johnson dropping to Round 3 --- that would be a nice addition.

DE - Gregory (Nebraska)

OL - Clemmings (Pitt)

RB - Duke Johnson (the U)

i was thinking

DE - Gregory

CB - Peters

RB - Duke Johnson

or replace peters with cody prewitt

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I just want to note that a lot of our struggles along the line is because these guys are highly inexperienced. Would it be ideal to add to that by playing another rookie draft pick on the line? People are having a hard time with patience now.

Most young players will have struggles. Not all young players will have a negative effect on their team, however.

Highly drafted guards and centers, for example, have had success in their first years. Tackles typically struggle unless they are special. Cam Erving, IMO, would be a great pickup in the 2nd round. He was a mid-late round pick as a tackle, but his switch to C IMO has boosted his stock. He looks dominant in that position much like the Pouncey twins. Erving at C and a veteran RT to push Pazstor can go a long way towards stabilizing this OL.

Quote:Everybody talks about the O Line getting stronger. 

From what I've seen, a lot of offensive linemen achieve the maximum strength in college when they can juice up legally.  Once they hit the NFL, they need to maintain the weight & muscle mass they built in college.  Unless offensive lineman are masking HGH,  the players from D1 schools that had all of the muscle mass products, weights, and training available to them from ages 18-22 don't just get stronger in the NFL when there is an emphasis to build up within the rules. 

I'm sure you did nothing other than pull that from your nether region, but 18-22 year old kids aren't as strong as their later 20s selves after they've grown into men.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Were going to need another vet somewhere across this o line, and adding one through the draft like you pointed out. Anywhere in 4th-6th round would be fine. Any picks above that need to be used for defense, too many holes.

Agreed.

Quote:Ryan O says get used to it.  He knows what he's talking about.  This is the guy who said JJ Watt sucked against us.

Link?

Quote:Link?

twitter

im exaggerating, but he was trying to say that Watt didn't do very much when he actually did

Quote:twitter

im exaggerating, but he was trying to say that Watt didn't do very much when he actually did

Of course you're exaggerating.  That's certainly not a way to get any point across.

However, it's no exaggeration that Joeckel won every one on one with Watt.  He certainly didn't do very much against Joeckel, if that's what you're taking out of context.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 12:56 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Pirkster -- my comments was specific to OFFENSIVE LINEMEN if you haven't noticed.  These dudes often reach their peek strength in college because they have resources that are banned in the NFL.

.... or perhaps we can just sit around another year waiting for Brewster to get stronger.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 01:01 PM by muddylips.)

Our future investment in our rookie quarterback is h u g e ! Therefore it would seem logical to do the very best we can to provide him with the best pass protection possible while he is still learning the game, even if that means temporarily using more vets on the o-line instead of rookies, imho.

I certainly wouldn't cut the rookies though; they need to develop and show us why they should be kept. However, they need someone to 'push' them; that is, they need to compete for those starting positions if they want to keep them. We also need a dedicated o-line coach, not an assistant coach filling in...

Imho M. Lewis hasn't really been so great in either the blocking or receiver roll this season either. He has been injured quite a bit. A dedicated ball catching TE or a workhorse run blocking TE... or better yet, one that can do both things well would be worth a lot to this team. He has become an under producing vet who is getting by on his 'past' one good season with this team. He may still have the goods... but he isn't showing 'em here much any more... kind'a reminds me of MJD in that way. Trade 'em for a decent draft pick.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Alex Mack would have been a huge addition this year.  Dumping Monroe for a 6th rounder was a mistake.

LT - Monroe

Beadles

Mack

Linder

RT - Joekel

Problem solved.

There's no way of knowing right now what, if any changes will happen with the OL.  Everything depends on what options are presented to the team that would represent upgrades at any of the 5 positions.  I suspect that they'll more than likely pursue at least a right tackle in free agency because that hamstring injury Pasztor suffered isn't something that is an easy one to recover 100% from.  They're going to need to have insurance in case he isn't able to return, and if he is, a little competition for the starting role never hurts. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Alex Mack would have been a huge addition this year.  Dumping Monroe for a 6th rounder was a mistake.

LT - Monroe

Beadles

Mack

Linder

RT - Joekel

Problem solved.

the monroe trade allowed us to improve our roster with more than 1 player.

Quote:Most young players will have struggles. Not all young players will have a negative effect on their team, however.

Highly drafted guards and centers, for example, have had success in their first years. Tackles typically struggle unless they are special. Cam Erving, IMO, would be a great pickup in the 2nd round. He was a mid-late round pick as a tackle, but his switch to C IMO has boosted his stock. He looks dominant in that position much like the Pouncey twins. Erving at C and a veteran RT to push Pazstor can go a long way towards stabilizing this OL.

Would definitely not be upset with Cam in the 2nd.

Quote:the monroe trade allowed us to improve our roster with more than 1 player.
That's the thing that seems to be forgotten.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]