Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles First Round Draft Grade

If I have to hear about passing on Roethlisberger because we had Leftwich one more time ...

I think we all know Caldwell is not drafting Mariota; that's not the way it works.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If this team didn't need 15 NFL first team players in other positions I'd be all for drafting Mariota.

Quote:The statement of there not being any real 1st round talent was correct. Blake was never a first round talent. He still has the most to offer of the other guys in the class. It really should not be a surprise that Bortles has ups and downs, because he should not be playing. I do like Bortles, however I would not have taken him in the early first, (albeit QB is really the only acceptable position to draft too high).

I think Dave Caldwell's biggest failures as a GM have been in his first two selections, Joeckel was a safe pick and he is not a starting T in this league. Although Bortles was picked too high, it will only be forgivable if he develops into a great player, which is unlikely. Caldwell should have been more patient. If Dave had been patient, and taken better players, the Jags would still be looking at the Mariota sweepstakes right now, but would have better pieces in place to be more successful. I think Caldwell is the type of GM that forces players into their selection. The about inheriting the the jags when Caldwell did, was that he could have taken anybody because of how bad this team was, however I feel like he forced picking a QB for the sake of taking one.

It is idiotic to say LJ is not a starting tackle.

As always, people want to act like this a golden age of LT play. There aren't any more guys who give up no sacks for a few years at a time.

Boselli or Roaf isn't ealking through our lockerrrom door, or anyone else's for that matter.

To write off a guy this early is madden fandom at its height. To say that he simply cannot play the position at all displays a phenomenal lack of perspective.

Also, everything that came out immediately after the draft shows conclusively that DC did not force the Bortles pick at all, but made a very well thought out decision.

Quote:If this team didn't need 15 NFL first team players in other positions I'd be all for drafting Mariota.

Good for you

Quote:LOL... Little 190lb Teddy would have been out for the season 20 sacks ago behind this line.  He's playing behind a WAAYYY better line and was already out for a game earlier in the year

Minnesota has given us 40 sacks... Teddy has actually held up better than I thought he would behind a very bad Minnesota line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:LOL... Little 190lb Teddy would have been out for the season 20 sacks ago behind this line. He's playing behind a WAAYYY better line and was already out for a game earlier in the year
He got hurt because he twisted his ankle, not because of a sack.

To say the Vikings line is better than ours is a stretch IMO.