Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles First Round Draft Grade

Quote:I thought Blake played better against the Texans.The big drops by Harbor and Shorts hurt his momentum and stats.Without the drops,he prob has 300 yards or so instead of 205

That drop by Harbor really sucked, as I think Bortles had made a nice play leading up to the throw to evade the rush and extend the play and delivered a perfect strike about 15-25 yards downfield right in Harbor's hands in stride and he drops it. I wouldn't have blamed Bortles there for going all Dan Marino on him. Maybe he should have. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

C (I really need to see more these last 3 weeks) I am almost disappointed in this pick.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 11:49 AM by David4499.)

If he throws 6 int's in the last 3 games... we draft Mariotta

Quote:If he throws 6 int's in the last 3 games... we draft Mariotta
[Image: 5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg]

Sign a FA CB like Patrick Robinson or Revis to help out the DBs this offseason

Quote:Sign a FA CB like Patrick Robinson or Revis to help out the DBs this offseason
I don't see why we'd blow a bunch of money on a DB.  McCray and Colvin are showing a lot of playmaking ability with Gratz and Ball (if we resign him) providing decent depth.  I'm all for signing a FA DB, but Revis has been a top 5 DB this year and would be paid as such.

Quote:C (I really need to see more these last 3 weeks) I am almost disappointed in this pick.

I'm guessing you cannot differentiate someone that has been poorly developed (thus far) from someone that just lacks talent. 

Bortles doesn't lack the ability. You don't look as good as he did early (vanilla defense or not) if you don't have the talent. The current scheme/ OC doesn't best mesh with his strengths. Its why as the more time that goes on Bortles looks more and more like what we were getting with Henne. To be honest even Henne had one of his better games early, (the Blackmon breakout) before the more time that Henne was under Fisch's influence that even he "regressed". (betcha didn't think that was even possible). I think they gotta remove Fisch ASAP. He's poison to this offense. 

Quote:I don't see why we'd blow a bunch of money on a DB.  McCray and Colvin are showing a lot of playmaking ability with Gratz and Ball (if we resign him) providing decent depth.  I'm all for signing a FA DB, but Revis has been a top 5 DB this year and would be paid as such.
Agree... You also want players who fit your scheme. Revis was lost in TB because of the Tampa 2 coverage he was doing. Revis is about to be one of the top 3 highest paid corners next to Peterson and Sherman. Too much for one guy.

Quote:[Image: 5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg]
Heard it myself from a voice in my head. No promises on whether that head's lost it's mind or not.

I thought Bortles had his best, or at least in the top 3,  regular season game against the Texans. His pocket movement returned to where it had been earlier in the season, and his decision making and ball placement looks like it's starting to improve. 

Quote:I thought Bortles had his best, or at least in the top 3,  regular season game against the Texans. His pocket movement returned to where it had been earlier in the season, and his decision making and ball placement looks like it's starting to improve. 
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS'>Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/542772385330778112' title="3:06 PM - 10 Dec 2014">4m4 minutes ago</a>
<p class="">Where is he going? No reason to leave. He had Lee open

<div style="margin:10px 0px 0px;">
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/542772385330778112/photo/1'>[Image: B4hQm9BIAAMWQke.jpg]</a>

<div style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(136,153,166);"> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<ul class="">[*] 
</ul>
</div>
</div>

Quote: 

<div>Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS  4m4 minutes ago
Where is he going? No reason to leave. He had Lee open

<div style="margin:10px 0px 0px;">
<div>[Image: B4hQm9BIAAMWQke.jpg]

<div style="color:rgb(136,153,166);"> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 
  •  
</div>
</div>

</div>

Point?

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Point?
He's still just got a long way to go in pocket awareness.

And don't get me wrong, I love Blake.

Quote:He's still just got a long way to go in pocket awareness.

Who said otherwise?

Quote:He's still just got a long way to go in pocket awareness.

One play?? C'mon, man.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 04:57 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Who said otherwise?
Yea I may have jumped the gun on the post but I looked at Twitter and saw the tweet then immediately saw your post.

Just a coincidence .... Love Blake

Quote:Yea I may have jumped the gun on the post but I looked at Twitter and saw the tweet then immediately saw your post.

Just a coincidence .... Love Blake

No worries man. He definitely has a ways to go. In the context of this season, I thought it was one of his better games though.

Quote:[Image: 120714-NFL-Jaguars-Blake-Bortles-pi-ssm....dium.0.jpg]

I think that sums up this year's offense .... and blake bortles woes..

lol, Bortles looks about 10 years older then he really is in that picture.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:If he throws 6 int's in the last 3 games... we draft Mariotta

The Jags aren't drafting Mariota if Bortles throws 16 INTs in the last 3 games. FACT

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Bortles In a few years will be great, a bit of consistency around him will be nice in the mean time.