Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on hope for the Jaguars

Watch the video...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/09/jj-watt-nf...4-mailbag/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ha. That was my question.

Quote:Ha. That was my question.

Really? Cool.

Of course he'll disappoint many on here by not calling for a summary execution of the entire coaching staff.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Really? Cool.

Of course he'll disappoint many on here by not calling for a summary execution of the entire coaching staff.
Only those that have not been paying attention.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I really think Peter King is a Jaguars fan deep down.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

You know... this kind'a reminds me of being a kid and getting sick and then having to take that nasty medicine that tasted sooooo awful; but the bright side is that it eventually did help me to recover and get healthy. I see our current situation with the Jags as being sort'of like that... the high percentage of rookies we have is leading to a lot of losses; that's our medicine we have to endure for now. But eventually, that same 'nasty medicine' (the rookies) will become the experienced vets and team leaders. We will have a much better team as a result, a truly competitive team... not just a flash in the pan.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I really think Peter King is a Jaguars fan deep down.

I get that impression from both him and Solomon Wilcots (sometimes).

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I really think Peter King is a Jaguars fan deep down.

I think he likes Khan, Caldwell and Bradley. The team has been very open, friendly and accomidating with the national and local media. Buys them some leeway.

Quote:Ha. That was my question.

Did you get the answer you were looking for?

Quote:I think he likes Khan, Caldwell and Bradley. The team has been very open, friendly and accomidating with the national and local media. Buys them some leeway.

Plus why would someone with class kick a team when it's down?

Quote:Plus why would someone with class kick a team when it's down?

The Redskins are destroyed by the media on a regular basis. People hate Dan Snyder and in turn, seem to enjoy watching his team's fail.

Quote:Watch the video...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/09/jj-watt-nfl-week-14-mailbag/'>http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/09/jj-watt-nfl-week-14-mailbag/</a>

I've always wondered: how does King get his insight for these things? I'm sure he spends a lot of his time researching but he can't possibly get detailed insight on all 32 teams, especially since his masters probably demand more focus on the premier franchises. Does he rely on one or two team sources to get information?

Quote:The Redskins are destroyed by the media on a regular basis. People hate Dan Snyder and in turn, seem to enjoy watching his team's fail.

So if someone asked Peter King why they should be hopeful about the Redskins he'd blast them and tell them there is no hope?

Quote:I've always wondered: how does King get his insight for these things? I'm sure he spends a lot of his time researching but he can't possibly get detailed insight on all 32 teams, especially since his masters probably demand more focus on the premier franchises. Does he rely on one or two team sources to get information?

Probably spends some time watching games (in condensed format each game literally is less than 30 minutes to watch) and talks to insiders.

Quote:So if someone asked Peter King why they should be hopeful about the Redskins he'd blast them and tell them there is no hope?

No, he'd just quote the King of the Mountains from LotR.

<i>The way is shut.</i>

<i>It was made by those who are Dead.</i>

<i>And the Dead keep it.</i>

<i>The way is shut.</i>

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

He said he liked the young players on this team but he never really said he likes Bradley....

Quote:Did you get the answer you were looking for?

I really was not looking for anything specific. I honestly kind of sent it as a joke, not thinking he would answer. He solicited questions around 7pm on Sunday so the loss was still fresh in my mind. I'd say his answer was pretty much in line with what guys like Oesher, Hicken and the normally positive media types would say.

Quote:He said he liked the young players on this team but he never really said he likes Bradley....

Probably because core players matter more than cheerleader head coaches.

If Bradley goes, the quality guys that were taken during his time will still be around for the next guy to come in and put in the right position to succeed.

Not that I'm convinced Bradley is going to be out in the near future.

Quote:Probably because core players matter more than cheerleader head coaches.

If Bradley goes, the quality guys that were taken during his time will still be around for the next guy to come in and put in the right position to succeed.

Not that I'm convinced Bradley is going to be out in the near future.
We agree.

Remember the good ol days of arguing over Henne and Gabbert? 

Well he isnt wrong.  This whole ship is on Bortles shoulders.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]