Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on hope for the Jaguars

Quote:Maybe... hopefully that means they know where the problems are, they just haven't had the time / ability to address it.

I think I remember him recently stating that the Jaguars knew that this year was going to be rough - another step on the trail to getting a number of young player initiated into the NFL.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, who I like a lot, had the Jaguars as one of his out of nowhere picks to be a wild card team. He has since acknowledged, a few times, how off he was about that one.

I think King thinks pretty highly of Caldwell and Bradley and like most journalists roots for the underdog, as they make a great story. I think a number of people in the press would be pleased if the Jaguars become successful.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think I remember him recently stating that the Jaguars knew that this year was going to be rough - another step on the trail to getting a number of young player initiated into the NFL.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, who I like a lot, had the Jaguars as one of his out of nowhere picks to be a wild card team. He has since acknowledged, a few times, how off he was about that one.

I think King thinks pretty highly of Caldwell and Bradley and like most journalists roots for the underdog, as they make a great story. I think a number of people in the press would be pleased if the Jaguars become successful.

I have no doubt that Khan and the front office are very well regarded around league circles. Remember how media raved about Bradley during the Senior Bowl last year? When we hired Caldwell, he and Steve Keim were widely regarded as the brightest young minds for upcoming GM vacancies. 

Quote:lol "I trust the higher up people to make football decisions more than the people on this board...." - FBT during the Gene Smith regime

You act as if there is an alternative to acknowledging that "the higher up people" are making the decisions and there is nothing we can do about that.

Unless you think someone is paying attention as to what is said here. If you believe that, you have serious mental health issues.

Sorry FBT tries to act like an adult. That seems to irritate some people.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You act as if there is an alternative to acknowledging that "the higher up people" are making the decisions and there is nothing we can do about that.

Unless you think someone is paying attention as to what is said here. If you believe that, you have serious mental health issues.

Sorry FBT tries to act like an adult. That seems to irritate some people.
Hahaha Hilarious. He might be the #1 guy who insults others intelligence. Very adult like.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 09:18 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Gotta give credit to King for his analysis.  It's the same thing everyone in the Jungle has been saying this enitre season.  We have good players on offense that will be the base.  The QB needed to get his reps in.  The D line is looking pretty good.

All in all, alot of the players are set for a good run.  We need to obviously fill some holes, but we have a potentially solid foundation of skill players and D-Line to build from. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 09:40 AM by Section105Fan.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1946904-ranking-the-top-10-one-year-turnarounds-in-nfl-history'>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1946904-ranking-the-top-10-one-year-turnarounds-in-nfl-history</a>

So you're Telling me there's a chance.................YEAH!!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM'>http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM</a>

Quote:As he should. Jay Gruden made RGIII worse. If I just hired an 'offensive' guru and he made my former rookie of the year QB who I gave a bunch of picks up for worse, I would fire him. Harbaugh to the Redskins, poetry in motion man...

I don't get all this love for Harbaugh.  Dude hasn't won anything and Kaep hasn't been playing very well this season.

Quote:I don't get all this love for Harbaugh.  Dude hasn't won anything and Kaep hasn't been playing very well this season.

And he can't get along with anyone.  He'd last two years tops in DC before he and Snyder had some big feud over a starting QB or a first round pick.