Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manziel a Midget?

At least according to Marvin Lewis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-a-midget/

Who knew that in 2014 6' tall would be considered short.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:At least according to Marvin Lewis.

Being that I'm not a Manziel fan, I love Marvin Lewis right now.

One of the biggest stories of the 2014 combine was a week after Johnny Manziel said he is exactly six feet tall, his official measurement came up a fraction of an inch short. So yes, he is short for a quarterback.

But to call Manziel a midget is not nice at all. I was called a midget when I was in elementary school by the bad boys because I was a dwarf. (Without a drug, I would be only 4-5.) None of my friends called me that. Manziel is not a midget. He's a short quarterback, but not shorter than normal for a man his age.

Ohh JaguarWoman, sometimes I just can't figure out if you're genuine or just straight trolling us.

Quote:Ohh JaguarWoman, sometimes I just can't figure out if you're genuine or just straight trolling us.

She's right to an extent. The word midget is derogatory towards those afflicted with various types of Dwarfism. Marvin Lewis apologized later but he offended people suffering from these conditions by using that word.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/marvin-lewis%E2%80%99s-apology-lacking'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/marvin-lewis%E2%80%99s-apology-lacking</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

There is a sentiment that he is not only short in NFL stature, but also on work ethic...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/09/jj-watt-nf...4-mailbag/

Watch the video.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I feel a little bad for laughing

He looks like a skinny weak wimp in the Snickers commercial.

Quote:At least according to Marvin Lewis.

Only in pro football is 6' tall considered short. I'm 6'0 myself and everyone thinks I'm tall. lol

I'm still laughing.  Marvin Lewis is the man of the hour. :thanks:

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I will say this.

Regarding motivation/controversy/gamesmanship, this has boom or bust potential.

Either this will get inside Manziel's head and make him mess up, in which case Lewis wins both the game and the PR battle, or this will fire Manziel up and get him focused, he has a great game to stick it to Lewis, in which case Lewis loses the game and the PR battle.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This will make the game even more fun to watch.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I'll be pulling for Johnny. So many people seem to take him so personally, as if he has besmirched the ghost of Vince Lombardi or something.

The more stars the NFL has the better for us as fans. This is, after all, entertainment.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Time to prove he's better than bortles
"Get Better Everyday"

if he s 6 foot 2 when he sits down,

he s a midget

ps; im short so I can do short jokes

he is a mental midget for sure

Quote:Oh JaguarWoman, sometimes I just can't figure out if you're genuine or just straight trolling us.

I am genuine all right. Think about it: People who just have the short height gene never call themselves midgets. So that word seems to only be used in reference to people who are short because of a genetic abnormality.

Quote:Only in pro football is 6' tall considered short. I'm 6'0 myself and everyone thinks I'm tall. lol

And professional basketball.

Quote:Only in pro football is 6' tall considered short. I'm 6'0 myself and everyone thinks I'm tall. lol

Right? I'm about the same and whenever I play some pickup basketball I'm always Big Man haha.

Do you all remember my "Why does size matter?" thread before the draft? The reason I started it was people talk about Johnny Manziel being too short for the NFL. Now we will find out if I was right that a quarterback's size is overrated.