Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags hire Tony Sparano Jr.

@adamcaplan Tony Sparano Jr (Bills TE coach 2015-2016) will be joining #Jaguars as an assistant OL coach, source said.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lot of coaching experience around the young coordinators.

I know nothing of him other than that his dad used to be the HC for the Dolphins.

Jaguars hire Bob Smith as floor waxer. Previously he was the floor waxer for the WNBAs "Indiana Fever!"

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Lot of coaching experience around the young coordinators.

Bklyn left the "Jr" out of the thread title. It is Sparano's kid.

Quote:Bklyn left the "Jr" out of the thread title. It is Sparano's kid.
Makes more sense...didn't think Sparano would come along as an assistant to a position coach but oh well.

I know nothing about him then. Anyone have any info on him?

Quote:Makes more sense...didn't think Sparano would come along as an assistant to a position coach but oh well.

Yeah I know squat about his kid.

He's basically learning the ropes.

Quote:Jaguars hire Bob Smith as floor waxer. Previously he was the floor waxer for the WNBAs "Indiana Fever!"
Finally, a hire I like!

Quote:Jaguars hire Bob Smith as floor waxer. Previously he was the floor waxer for the WNBAs "Indiana Fever!"

Job changes quite a bit if the word "floor" is gone......

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 02:10 AM by D6.)

Quote:Makes more sense...didn't think Sparano would come along as an assistant to a position coach but oh well.

One positive for the Jaguars,  at least from my point of view is he played DE in college and has coaching experience at that position.  As an Assistant Offensive Line Coach, he should have a very good understanding how opposing Defensive Lineman think.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 11:55 PM by JagsorDie.)

I'm at the point where I've put my trust in khan, TC, and this coach scouting firm. I'll remain optimistic for this season and remain hopeful the same way I have for the past 8 years. But tbh, this is the last time I'm going to keep that mind set because for the past decade, it's been a huge let down come September. I think TC being here is probably the one thing that I honestly think is going to make a huge difference.

I'm not going knock any hires or acquisitions this offseason. So I'm going to take a big sip/gulp of the kool aid and see where this year takes us.

Buckle up boys, let's brace for impact.

For a second, I thought we'd hired this guy:

[Image: tumblr_mpbbivZmtR1ra4ssmo1_400.gif]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I'm at the point where I've put my trust in khan, TC, and this coach scouting firm. I'll remain optimistic for this season and remain hopeful the same way I have for the past 8 years. But tbh, this is the last time I'm going to keep that mind set because for the past decade, it's been a huge let down come September. I think TC being here is probably the one thing that I honestly think is going to make a huge difference.

I'm not going knock any hires or acquisitions this offseason. So I'm going to take a big sip/gulp of the kool aid and see where this year takes us.

Buckle up boys, let's brace for impact.

They always are good coaches and good GMs and good players before the fact.  And now we have a good VP of football operations (or something like that).  YAY!  What's different about this again?  At this point, I'll even take preseason performance as a sign.  It's been a more reliable indicator.  Not sure what to make of whatever this is right now.  Coughlin is in charge but he's not the coach.   Marrone's in charge but he's not Coughlin.  Nobody is sure what Caldwell is in charge of.  We don't even know who is hiring who.  If there is some kind of order within this madness they certainly haven't conveyed it to the fans.  

Quote:They always are good coaches and good GMs and good players before the fact. And now we have a good VP of football operations (or something like that). YAY! What's different about this again? At this point, I'll even take preseason performance as a sign. It's been a more reliable indicator. Not sure what to make of whatever this is right now. Coughlin is in charge but he's not the coach. Marrone's in charge but he's not Coughlin. Nobody is sure what Caldwell is in charge of. We don't even know who is hiring who. If there is some kind of order within this madness they certainly haven't conveyed it to the fans.
like I said man, buckle your seat belt and brace for impact lol.

What else can you do?

One thing for sure, the revision to the front offie and coaching staff has a price tag.....a very high price tag.

So don't think Khan isn't serious about wanting results.....he's committed a lot of cash to it.

As a fan....I will too.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We'll see what happens. On the radio the other day they said in Buffalo that Hackett likes to somewhat feature the TE position in his offense. This bodes well for guys like Sterling and Koyack. I think they could be kept under the radar in 2017 and be used to help us win some drives and battles in the red zone this year. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

As far as recognizable names on the staff goes, for some of you this would be your...

[Image: cherry.jpg]

2017 should be fun.  We're either going to see marked improvement in the win column or this board will be a very interesting place.

Quote:Lot of coaching experience around the young coordinators.

The basis of our success over the past decade is thinking out of the box and not doing things like the other teams do in the NFL.

Think of us as pioneers for the new generation.  The other teams just haven't caught up to our thought process yet.