Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars didn't declare Bortles on injury report

Currently the Seahawks and Pete Carroll are in trouble with the NFL for no disclosing a Richard Sherman knee injury for a few weeks. There has been talk about them losing a draft pick for breaking the rules again.

I hope they don't try bring up the fact that we didn't out Bortles on an injury report despite him saying he suffered shoulder injurys. Could potentially lose a 5th round pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 04:00 PM by Jagwired.)

This was week 17, after looking appears he was on the report in weeks 12 thru 17.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This is exactly what I feared would happen to us for not disclosing Bortles shoulder injury. It would really suck if Gus Bradley kept trotting out BB5 in hopes it would somehow save his job and we get hit with losing a draft pick.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:This was week 17, after looking appears he was on the report in weeks 12 thru 17.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html'>http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html</a>

I can't see him on any. Think that's just the end of season injury report.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 04:05 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:I can't see him on any. Think that's just the end of season injury report.
That link goes straight to the report. Then you can look at each week. He was listed with right shoulder in weeks 12 -16 and shoulder and wrist week 17.

He was listed as injured for my fantasy team a lot

Yeah - he's listed on week 12 through 17. 

Seen it there folks. Wonder was that posthumously done?

Quote:Seen it there folks. Wonder was that posthumously done?
Are you seeing some reports that did not list him in those weeks?

Quote:Are you seeing some reports that did not list him in those weeks?

Can't see him on any of the Fox or First Coast News injury reports.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=14

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=15

"Robby" is on there. 

Quote:Can't see him on any of the Fox or First Coast News injury reports.
Yeah ,I was peeking around, saw him on The NFL site, but not on some of CBS. Weird. I can't say whether it was done after or not but seem to recall mention of him on the reports. Who knows?

NFL Live is talking about Seattle now and that they could lose a 2nd round pick.  They've had numerous offenses (I think NFL Live listed 3 others) in regards to coaching/management not following the rules.  Is a 2nd round pick enough?  Too much?

As others have pointed out Bortles was on there so I have no worries about losing a pick.

Not sure that the NFL uses Fox or First Coast News as their official injury report source...but hey, what do I know?

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 04:17 PM by MojoKing.)

Youre fake news

Quote:Youre fake news

Might need another edit.

Quote:NFL Live is talking about Seattle now and that they could lose a 2nd round pick. They've had numerous offenses (I think NFL Live listed 3 others) in regards to coaching/management not following the rules. Is a 2nd round pick enough? Too much?

As others have pointed out Bortles was on there so I have no worries about losing a pick.

2nd is very harsh but as you said they have previous offenses.

Quote:Currently the Seahawks and Pete Carroll are in trouble with the NFL for no disclosing a Richard Sherman knee injury for a few weeks. There has been talk about them losing a draft pick for breaking the rules again.

I hope they don't try bring up the fact that we didn't out Bortles on an injury report despite him saying he suffered shoulder injurys. Could potentially lose a 5th round pick.

LOL ..... We're the Jags dude.  Nobody is watching and nobody cares.

Heck, we could have left Hurns off the list and nobody would have noticed.

Quote:NFL Live is talking about Seattle now and that they could lose a 2nd round pick.  They've had numerous offenses (I think NFL Live listed 3 others) in regards to coaching/management not following the rules.  Is a 2nd round pick enough?  Too much?

From a gambling perspective, that's information that is required to be made public but isn't.  That's potentially a pretty big door for abuse being left open in as much as some people actually do still have that information and could wager accordingly or share it with others who could wager accordingly.  As far as a 2nd rounder being adequate punishment or not, I'd have to know how effective he was when he was on the field playing injured.  If he was still performing like a top corner in this league then he probably should have been listed as "probable" to play but wasn't.  I think the majority of players in this league could be listed as "probable" late in the season but aren't as most are playing through minor injuries.  It's a pain tolerance thing.  If it was clear he was playing injured, but wasn't on the report that's more of a problem and a 2nd rounder is probably adequate punishment.

Maybe they ought to consider just doing away with the labeling system and have teams declare their game day roster a few days before the game and only allow changes to it after the deadline for unforeseen circumstances that are document-able.  I'd have to think that would limit this type of shenanigans somewhat and if the team went overly cautious and sat a player that would have been listed as questionable or doubtful on the injury report would that be such a bad thing in the long run?

Quote:NFL Live is talking about Seattle now and that they could lose a 2nd round pick.  They've had numerous offenses (I think NFL Live listed 3 others) in regards to coaching/management not following the rules.  Is a 2nd round pick enough?  Too much?

Goodell has announced he will be taking a 2nd round pick from them and also suspending Tom Brady for 4 games.