Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(05-30-2022, 02:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 05:09 AM)captivating Wrote: Season 4 of Stranger Things,

All the internet memes are spot on.

I watched episode two last night. Decent so far. One thing I have always not liked about the show is they have too much going on at one time. Too many characters doing too many things. It's more obvious now than in S1&2 because several characters are now separated geographically in the storyline. It makes my head swim. 

The weirdest thing for me to get over is those boys hadn't quite hit puberty yet in season three so seeing and hearing them in S4 is throwing me off. Especially the kid who plays Lucas. Between his haircut, his growth spurt and his deeper voice I barely recognized him. 

Filming S3 and S4 three years apart definitely made a difference. Damn COVID.

i know right.  I think once you commit to a show with children, you really are limited to 3 years if you are looking for continuity unless of course you are doing a show about their lives as they grow up.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We decided to re-watch a couple of old episodes of LOST on a whim. Got caught up in a full-series re-watch. I forgot how good that show was early on even if it did go off the reservation in later seasons. It looks really good in 4K too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2022, 05:42 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I watched episode 1 of The Old Man last night, and I have to say, it is extremely well-acted by Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow.  

It's about some sort of shadowy former government operative (Jeff Bridges) who has been in hiding for 30 years, and grown old, and he's been found.  He did something in the Middle East decades ago, and he thinks that perhaps a Middle East dictator has made a deal with the US government to bring him back to that Middle Eastern country, probably to get tortured and killed in revenge or something like that.  So he has to go on the run.  It's a very good show so far.  But the violence is very brutal and realistic and is not for everyone.

(04-23-2022, 03:11 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: We finished the first season of "From" on Epix. This is an obvious LOST clone in many ways (in fact the producers were some of the producers from LOST and Harold Perrineau has a lead role). It has a similar vibe. There's even a "hatch". You'd think it would be boring because of all that but although the themes are similar, it's just different enough to be interesting. A little inconsistent but I'm looking forward to the second season.
Had recorded this from one of the free Epix weekends and finally watched it. Craziness and having no clue what is really happening. I just hope it doesn't have a Lost ending to it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We're in the last season of Lost. Or maybe second to last. I have no idea how it ends but I already know it sent outrage across the interwebs back in the day so I'm not expecting to be impressed.

It is a strange thing to have watched the first 2 or 3 seasons back in the day and that's how you remember the actors looking. Then when you see them current day then watch an episode it's like- dude. We were all young looking and not so much now. Lol.

(06-20-2022, 08:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're in the last season of Lost. Or maybe second to last. I have no idea how it ends but I already know it sent outrage across the interwebs back in the day so I'm not expecting to be impressed.

It is a strange thing to have watched the first 2 or 3 seasons back in the day and that's how you remember the actors looking. Then when you see them current day then watch an episode it's like- dude. We were all young looking and not so much now. Lol.

It's not the worst ending ever. I think the dissatisfaction had more to do with all the loose ends and blind alleys they never really explored. The show runners changed up some plots mid-stream because people were figuring  out where things were heading. They *really* wanted to be able to keep revealing shocking revelations every few episodes and were running out of ideas so introduced new story lines and characters.

For what it's worth, they've said the final scenes play out pretty much like they envisioned from the get go.

(06-21-2022, 07:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 08:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're in the last season of Lost. Or maybe second to last. I have no idea how it ends but I already know it sent outrage across the interwebs back in the day so I'm not expecting to be impressed.

It's not the worst ending ever. I think the dissatisfaction had more to do with all the loose ends and blind alleys they never really explored. The show runners changed up some plots mid-stream because people were figuring  out where things were heading. They *really* wanted to be able to keep revealing shocking revelations every few episodes and were running out of ideas so introduced new story lines and characters.

For what it's worth, they've said the final scenes play out pretty much like they envisioned from the get go.

Gotcha.

Watched the first episode of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges. I like it so far. I just wish the scenes weren't so dark. A similar issue with first two episodes I've seen of The Terminal List. Scenes so dark you think something is wrong with your TV so you check the settings and they're just fine.

Jeff Bridges is most definitely not The Dude who abides in TOM. I really like this role for him and John Lithgow is going to be fun to watch too.

In TTL Chris Pratt does a complete 180 from his normal roles and does well with his anger and confusion at what is happening to him.

Watched Game of Thrones "The Long Night" on an OLED TV. This was the episode that caused so much angst due to the blooming effect of normal LED TVs which made it close to unwatchable due to the darkness of the episode.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(07-08-2022, 10:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges. I like it so far. I just wish the scenes weren't so dark. A similar issue with first two episodes I've seen of The Terminal List. Scenes so dark you think something is wrong with your TV so you check the settings and they're just fine.

Jeff Bridges is most definitely not The Dude who abides in TOM. I really like this role for him and John Lithgow is going to be fun to watch too.

In TTL Chris Pratt does a complete 180 from his normal roles and does well with his anger and confusion at what is happening to him.

I have the same issue with Supernatural.  I mean, I guess since it’s supposed to be ‘scary’ it’s intentional. Still it makes it hard to watch at times.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-09-2022, 08:20 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 10:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges. I like it so far. I just wish the scenes weren't so dark. A similar issue with first two episodes I've seen of The Terminal List. Scenes so dark you think something is wrong with your TV so you check the settings and they're just fine.

I have the same issue with Supernatural.  I mean, I guess since it’s supposed to be ‘scary’ it’s intentional. Still it makes it hard to watch at times.

I'd read about the low light issues and was thinking with TOM and TTL they were using it to "hide" stunt doubles for Bridges and Pratt but they are fully seen in most, if not all of their respective fight scenes so it's not that. A lot of scenes happen a night so I get wanting it to be realistic but daytime scenes, scenes in well lit areas and outside on a sunny day (several funeral scenes in TTL for example) are not much easier to see.

(07-09-2022, 05:02 AM)captivating Wrote: Watched Game of Thrones "The Long Night" on an OLED TV.  This was the episode that caused so much angst due to the blooming effect of normal LED TVs which made it close to unwatchable due to the darkness of the episode.

I never had a problem on my Sony 4k HDTV although I went through a calibration process and have some settings set much lower than is probably typical (definitely different than the factory settings). I think some of these series are recorded to take advantage of HDR and it's variants so if you don't have it set up right it can make things look really dark.

We watched "Zerozerozero" on Amazon Prime. That's a really good show. Very violent, though.

It's about a big cocaine shipment from Mexico to Italy. The 3 main players were the cartel in Mexico, the shipping company based in the United States, and the organized crime family in Calabria. Lots of twists and turns in the plot.

(08-02-2022, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We watched "Zerozerozero" on Amazon Prime.  That's a really good show.  Very violent, though. 

It's about a big cocaine shipment from Mexico to Italy.  The 3 main players were the cartel in Mexico, the shipping company based in the United States, and the organized crime family in Calabria.  Lots of twists and turns in the plot.

Sounds like something worth trying, I'll put that in the queue.

Speaking of cartels and Mexico (and add in an outlaw motorcycle gang and corrupt federal officials), we've started watching The Mayans on Hulu. It's a sequel (more like a companion series) to Sons of Anarchy. It starts pretty slow, but quickly gets up to speed and is now every bit as interesting as SOA (we are in season 2). There are some cameos from a few characters of the original series as well as one that figures heavily into one of the sub plots in season 2. For anyone that liked SOA, The Mayans is definitely worth checking out.

(06-21-2022, 07:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

So it's like a more stressful version of how I met your mother.  They knew how it needed to end from the beginning, but, the network demanded twice as many episodes to get there.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-03-2022, 07:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 07:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: It's not the worst ending ever. I think the dissatisfaction had more to do with all the loose ends and blind alleys they never really explored. The show runners changed up some plots mid-stream because people were figuring  out where things were heading. They *really* wanted to be able to keep revealing shocking revelations every few episodes and were running out of ideas so introduced new story lines and characters.

So it's like a more stressful version of how I met your mother.  They knew how it needed to end from the beginning, but, the network demanded twice as many episodes to get there.

We recently rewatched Lost from beginning to end and I will say it works a lot better as a binge watch. I guess the issue watching it as it was broadcast with long gaps between episodes and some plot baiting and switching, you tended to build up certain expectations and forget certain things that made the last couple of seasons frustrating. Taken as a whole though, you see a lot more connections that you missed the first time around. Anyway, it's a pretty good series even with a few flaws.

Space Force on Netflix is pretty good.. Steve Carrell and John Malkovich

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I'm feeling like hell today and it's a rest day for the riders of the Vuelta a Espana (the Tour of Spain) so I've been watching old school House Hunters episodes on Discovery+. I'm talking the first season. Talk about a blast from the past, last century to be exact. It came out in 1999 and you can see it in everything from the clothing, the hairstyle, cars and most certainly in the houses shown. What's super fun for flashbacks is when you see the furniture and electronics. The TVs and computer monitors!! 

What really bends your brain is they don't completely remodel the house in their minds as they tour them. People kept things simple in the 20th century. Lol. Sometimes you just need mindless television or a mindless distraction and evidently this is mine for today. Lol.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 06:01 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

New series coming out soon on hbo/max.. It's called The Last of Us.. Don't know if some of ya'll are familiar or not, but it's based off a survival horror game. Was pretty awesome and intense..

Pedro Pascal (The Mandalorian) is set to play Joel as the lead character.

https://share.newsbreak.com/1n1v2s4t

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWsY3DlLdI...e=youtu.be

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I watched a Netflix Original the last few nights. Eight episodes. It was called Archive 81. Pretty creepy horror show. Loved the entire thing except for the last five minutes. Really let down by the ending.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]