Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Breakout game?

No turnovers not a lot of bad throws... what you think? and some key rushes.... thoughts?

<!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->No time for the Fairweather fans. Support your Jacksonville Jaguars everyday WIN, Lose, or Tie. <!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol
"Get Better Everyday"

maybe the start of something big

He finally showed flashes again.
No commercial messages in sigs

I wouldn't say breakout but he didn't commit turnovers which is good. A game manager is fine when your D is making plays. The Cincy game the D made play after play and Bortles just gave them the ball right back and that was a huge problem.

What was his final line? I know he had some nice runs and he had the Lee TD.

Quote:No turnovers not a lot of bad throws... what you think? and some key rushes.... thoughts?

No. It was a nice team effort, but Bortles was a game manager. When he's throwing the game winning TD, then he'll be breaking out.

The touchdown throw and the game winning drive were pretty special. Great win but Blake still has a lot of room to grow.

Quote:The touchdown throw and the game winning drive were pretty special. Great win but Blake still has a lot of room to grow.
This.... The winning drive was Blake making it happen.

Amazing how confidence isn't actually a tangible thing, but you can clearly see it, and it changes EVERYTHING.

Bortles named player of the game

He left some plays out there, but our line needs to give him more time to actually throw the deep and intermediate routes. He looked like he was playing carefree today, something that has been missing the past couple games.

195, 1/0. 68 rush.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Bortles named player of the game
Really? He ran the ball well and made a couple of good throws under pressure, the TD throw was nice but Marks, Colvin, Clemons and McCray all played some great football today.

Quote:195, 1/0. 68 rush.
and 84.7 rtg

Bortles limited his stupid errors after the first 20 minutes to a point that they didn't kill us.  

Marks, on the other hand,  had an all-pro performance that made me want to buy his jersey. 

Quote:195, 1/0. 68 rush.

Quote:and 84.7 rtg
I do wish he had more yards passing but hey we wont and he didnt have a turn over. This is a huge plus.

Quote:I wouldn't say breakout but he didn't commit turnovers which is good. A game manager is fine when your D is making plays. The Cincy game the D made play after play and Bortles just gave them the ball right back and that was a huge problem.

So game manager for a top 3 pick nice drafting
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:So game manager for a top 3 pick nice drafting

You are an idiot. That is all.

Quote:So game manager for a top 3 pick nice drafting
This season, sure. I'd much rather he played smart this year and takes only takes shots he feels confident with as he continues to learn the NFL. Much better than throwing 3 picks a game and destroying his confidence.

If he's a game manager in season 3 I'd be dissapointed, then again I'd much rather have Alex Smith as our QB than Gabbert, McCown, Bouman, Garrard and Leftwich.