Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. N. Y. Giants Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 02:20 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans Smile    Our Jacksonville Jaguars are finally back hosting a home game in the City Of Jacksonville, Florida, in the friendly confines, and in front of their home fans, in EverBank Field, since their last home game with the Miami Dolphins played on October 26.

This afternoon is a  battle of last place teams in their divisions, as the 3-8 New York Football Giants, with original Jaguars Head Coach Tom Coughlin, return for a regular season interdivisional game from the NFC East Division, in Jacksonville, against the 1-10  Jaguars. Jaguars seek to win their second game in 2014, since defeating the Cleveland Browns by the score of 24-6  at EverBank Field,  back on October 19.

Tom Coughlin was selected as the first coach of the Jaguars, by former owner Wayne Weaver, after interviewing Tony Dungy, and Herman Edwards.  Coughlin proceeded to coach the Jaguars team in the first eight years of the franchise existence, finishing with a 68-60 record in those eight seasons.  Under his leadership, he guided the Jaguars to consecutive 11-5 record in 1994 and 1995, winning the AFC Central division in 1998.  In the 1998 postseason, the Jaguars beat the Patriots in the Wild Card 25-10, but lost the Divisional Round to the N.Y. Jets, 34-24.

Jacksonville Jaguars the following season reached their franchise best 14-2 in just their fifth year of existence in 1999. In the following postseason, the Jaguars handily defeated the visiting Miami Dolphins at EverBank Field 62-7, in Dolphins QB Dan Marino's last game as a pro, and where he threw four INT's to Jags defenders. Jaguars though lost to eventual AFC Champions Tennessee Titans 33-14.

Jaguars finished their 2001 and 2002 regular seasons at 6-10, and 2003 at 7-9, before Coughlin was replaced by Jack Del Rio.

N.Y. Giants make their second appearance in Jacksonville with  Tom Coughlin as their Head Coach.  Jaguars defeated the N.Y. Giants 26-10 back on November 20, 2006.  N.Y. Giants though defeated the Jaguars 24-20 in their last regular season meeting at MetLife Stadium back on November 28, 2010.

A win by the Jaguars this afternoon  in their sixth all-time meeting, would even the  series between the teams at 3-3.  Though the Jaguars have outscored the N.Y. Giants in the previous five games 128 to 99, the N.Y. Giants still leads all-time series 3-2.

Clear and sunny skies at 70 degrees, is forecast at EverBank Field, with mild east/southeast winds at 5 miles per hourfor the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time, kickoff.

Visiting New York Giants are wearing their white jerseys, and gray pants, while the host Jaguars are wearing their matching black jerseys and pants.

NO further injuries, as we salute our soldiers for their service one last time iduring November n Military Appraciation Month, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

Jaguars Vs. New York Giants Live NFL Game Centers, And  NFL On FOX TV Distribution Map In Green:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2014/regular13

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113004...ab=preview

http://506sports.com/

Jaguars Vs. New York Giants Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/Wat...3f588765fd

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First reply to the official tbread, yay! Oh, and let the beating commence.

[Image: OfficialStamp-gif-red.gif]

'02

Coughlin vs Bradley. Terrible match up for us
No commercial messages in sigs

Going to the game today,

Hope they show some improvement and play competitive football.

Maybe even put a "W" on ol' Tom.

Go Jags!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Don't really like how we match up against the Giants. Can Our Offensive Line Dominate THE LOS? That's what needs to happen to get the W. Our d-line should win and keep the Giants in check, hopefully forcing some Eli turnovers.

My step father is going to this game...  If I had been able to stay in for 1 more day, I'd be at this game as well...  Oh well, hopefully next year...

Go Jags! 

(waiting for homebiscuit to provide the ***official "we gonna lose"*** post)

This is a win-win situation for us. 

If we we win - we win. 

If we lose - we get a better draft pick - so we still win.  

Can't get much better than this!!

I am looking forward to seeing how we match up against a team that would not be "in / on the cusp" of the playoffs if they started today.

Go Jags

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I am looking forward to seeing how we match up against a team that would not be "in / on the cusp" of the playoffs if they started today.

Go Jags

Yeah... The Giants are 3-8 and are by no means a good team.

If the Jags prepared well and adjust appropriately, we should see a close game.

Also, I am soo ready for Blake to have a breakout game. Let's throw 3 TDs or something please.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yeah... The Giants are 3-8 and are by no means a good team.

If the Jags prepared well and adjust appropriately, we should see a close game.

Also, I am soo ready for Blake to have a breakout game. Let's throw 3 TDs or something please.

Yea, I am ready for a Blake breakout game as well.  Even of we lose, I would be happy if he plays well.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Are we gonna wear the Teal jerseys for alumni week?

Another day of wishing we had real coaching with a real game plan. Any chance we see a forward pass today from the Jaguars?

No pain, no gain.

Indy got steamrolled by the Pats. Then we came in and did nothing in the ground game. Giants have a better front than the Colts. I expect 3 & long all day today. Then we'll throw either a curl, slant, or screen. The curl will be jumped, because everyone knows we don't go deep. The slant or the screen will go for 4-6 yards followed by a punt. Speaking of which, for a punter taken that high, Anger really isn't that good

Quote:Another day of wishing we had real coaching with a real game plan. Any chance we see a forward pass today from the Jaguars?

I heard we are going triple option today

This thread feels way more official. 

For the first time in a long time, I actually think we're going to win today.

I don't know if we can score more than 10 points in a game. Without that we won't beat anyone.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:For the first time in a long time, I actually think we're going to win today.

I feel the opposite. We haven't beaten an nfc team since 2011 (tampa bay)

I hope our DLine smashes Eli all day.