Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should Jaguars Cut TE Thomas

I still don't think we used him the way Denver does why I don't know.

No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I personally wouldn't cut him. Not like our cap is hurting. Have him work his tail off and see how he does in training camp. If he shows up fat or out of shape - sure cut him, but not any sooner.

^This.

He was a TE who excelled in running deep seam routes. He showed some of that in 2015, but in 2016 he was almost always within 10 yards of the LOS.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Agreed

LOL..

I thought I deleted my post before anyone saw it. After posting, I read where the assumption that Julius was going was fabricated. As long as Julius is staying put, we're ok at TE... but if he goes, sure we'd most definitely have to replace him. That said, I feel he'd do fine in a scheme that properly accounts for as an option.

'02

I'll believe it when I see it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LOL

clickbait 

rotoworld twitter just flinging poo and calling it a sure thing

Quote:I'll believe it when I see it

This is the same boat I'm in. I wouldn't be shocked if he got released, but we need to have some clear cut better players than him if we're going to eat about $4 million of his contract.

Quote:ok this isn't true.

ESPN asked all 32 beat writers to name a cut they expected to happen, so Di Rocco chose Julius, and rotoworld reported it like it was a sure thing.
This ^^^

It's nothing more then a prediction by DiRocco. False report by rotoworld.

I'd like to see Julius get one more year here. Lets see if they will finally use him the correct way.

Please for the love of god, stop having him run 5 yard crossing routes and 5 yard outs towards the sideline. He has never been a side to side receiver. Send him vertical.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got cut at some point though. Koyack and Sterling are going to be interesting to watch this coming season. They'll be a whole lot cheaper as well.

We'll be a better team the less Thomas plays for us

In the rare instance that he's not:

• injured
  • phoning it in because his QB's accuracy has been in the gutter for weeks on end

... he's the still the best TE on the roster. 

If his lackadaisical trotting through his routes during Blake's flameout didn't totally enrage Marrone beyond any chance of forgiveness, then he'll be in camp and he'll probably earn his starting spot again. 

And no, he doesn't need Manning to be good.  But he needs more than Blake gave him in 2016. 

Quote:OJ is going in the first or early second so thats not happening
Howard's most likely going top half of the first round, maybe top 10. It's not going to happen, but I would be happier taking Howard at 4 than Cook or Fournette. 

Potential game breaker in the passing game, and also the best blocking TE in the class. 

Quote:Howard's most likely going top half of the first round, maybe top 10. It's not going to happen, but I would be happier taking Howard at 4 than Cook or Fournette. 

Potential game breaker in the passing game, and also the best blocking TE in the class. 
A potential game breaker who was very under utilized at alabama. He's pretty freakish physicallu but hardly a bulldozer after the catch and not an exceptional blocker either. I think anything in round 1 is a reach on howard given his lack of counting stats. He had a great game against Clemson in an otherwise "meh" year. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

He has been better then Lewis lately.  But that is not saying much. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Shocking that the OP would post some fake crap. Shocking, shocking I tell you!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I'd agree if the move is made. Good young players there already and a deep draft at TE.

Cut the overpaid weight and move on.

Quote:I'll believe it when I see it

Quote:I still don't think we used him the way Denver does why I don't know.

Yup he'll sign with a team with a established qb and passing attack and put up the stats the we thought he'd put up in jax.

I want to see him in an offense that uses him properly. For all of his faults and this staff's complete misuse of him, he has still scored 9 TDs since arriving. Far from horrible for a TE, especially when you consider how much time he is missed.

He does need to get his butt on a treadmill though.

I just got 2 words. Coy, YAC.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Sterling and Koyack performed well enough this season. Wouldn't mind giving them the starting two spots.

This is not true. They're basing this article off DiRocco's cut predictions, nothing more.