Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should Jaguars Cut TE Thomas

I'll get some flack for this but Koyack and Sterling just haven't shown me much.

Also, if the team carries a true FB I see them only carrying three TE's

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is the same boat I'm in. I wouldn't be shocked if he got released, but we need to have some clear cut better players than him if we're going to eat about $4 million of his contract.
Couldn't agree more

Quote:I'll get some flack for this but Koyack and Sterling just haven't shown me much.

Also, if the team carries a true FB I see them only carrying three TE's

Nah, no flack for that take. Its pretty true. Nothing much but a couple flashes, thats all.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Shocking that the OP would post some fake crap. Shocking, shocking I tell you!

Um, rotoworld made it seem like a sure thing. If dont like topic, dont comment.

I wonder if they tried to trade him

Quote:Um, rotoworld made it seem like a sure thing. If dont like topic, dont comment.
rotoworld, lol.

False news like the election

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:LOL

clickbait 

rotoworld twitter just flinging poo and calling it a sure thing

So wait, you're telling me that Bklyn is posting something that isn't accurate?

nooooooooo...

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So wait, you're telling me that Bklyn is posting something that isn't accurate?

nooooooooo...

First time for everything I guess hahahaha

If Julius does get cut, I think we would definitely need to target a new tight end in free agency, even if we planning drafting one.

The experience/talent factor of what we have on the roster besides Julius just isn't enough.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If Thomas is cut. Lewis should be as well.

Quote:First time for everything I guess hahahaha

If Julius does get cut, I think we would definitely need to target a new tight end in free agency, even if we planning drafting one.

The experience/talent factor of what we have on the roster besides Julius just isn't enough.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:If Thomas is cut. Lewis should be as well.

How is this even remotely logical?

Quote:How is this even remotely logical?

Give us stats that say otherwise.

#Gojags

Quote:Give us stats that say otherwise.

One dumb statement follows the first.

No substance.

Quote:One dumb statement follows the first.

No substance.

What dumb statement? Where has Lewis helped? Cause he is rah rah guy. He is always injured.

I remember watching a clots game he came in for two plays then was back on exercise bike injured.

#Gojags

Quote:What dumb statement? Where has Lewis helped? Cause he is rah rah guy. He is always injured.

I remember watching a clots game he came in for two plays then was back on exercise bike injured.

So your logic was that if we cut Thomas we should could Lewis. What in the hell does one have to do with the other?

Then you ask me for stats to back it up. Back what up?

Sorry, this is probably all over your head.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 09:38 AM by Caldrac.)

Lewis is fine. I hope he ends up being retained until he decides to retire. He's an excellent run blocker and he can be deceptive at times in the passing game when you least expect it. The cutting of Thomas wouldn't surprise if it does indeed occur. 

Between the small flashes we had between Koyack and Sterling late last year I am not too worried about losing Thomas. I like our depth between Lewis, Koyack and Sterling at this point.

If they feel the need to add more depth to emulate what Thomas was supposed to be they could target a guy like Evan Engram out of Ole Miss in RD3 or Bucky Hodges out of Virginia Tech in RD4. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 09:44 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:So your logic was that if we cut Thomas we should could Lewis. What in the hell does one have to do with the other?

Then you ask me for stats to back it up. Back what up?

Sorry, this is probably all over your head.
Okay I see where going. Do to blocking alone is why we keep Lewis. And a few passes?

That is why other teams hurt us every year with TE and we cant do the same. So yes Lewis should go. Cause the Nfl has changed.

Our Pass catching TE is Thomas. So if cut him which dont see that happening. Our oline is priority.

Then we should start fresh.

This is what I feel should do. Will it happen? Absolutely not. Creating more holes to fill.

Is not the successful way to win.

#Gojags

rotoworld reported it. I doubt it has any substance

Quote:Okay I see where going. Do to blocking alone is why we keep Lewis. And a few passes?

That is why other teams hurt us every year with TE and we cant do the same. So yes Lewis should go. Cause the Nfl has changed.

Our Pass catching TE is Thomas. So if cut him which dont see that happening. Our oline is priority.

Then we should start fresh.

This is what I feel should do. Will it happen? Absolutely not. Creating more holes to fill.

Is not the successful way to win.

Holy crap.   Huh

After reading this thread, I feel better about me!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!