Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should Jaguars Cut TE Thomas

Quote:After reading this thread, I feel better about me!

Glad someone does

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What dumb statement? Where has Lewis helped? Cause he is rah rah guy. He is always injured.

I remember watching a clots game he came in for two plays then was back on exercise bike injured.
Lol, Lewis has missed 6 games in 2 years.  Thomas has missed 11.

Quote:Lol, Lewis has missed 6 games in 2 years. Thomas has missed 11.

And how many plays did he play over that span?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 10:33 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:And how many plays did he play over that span?
Since Thomas joined the Jags: Lewis has played in 26 games (26 starts), Thomas has played in 21 games (16 starts).

Quote:Since Thomas joined the Jags: Lewis has played in 26 games (26 starts), Thomas has played in 21 games (16 starts).

And of that starts how many snaps played? I am not making a case for Thomas. Just my eyes see Lewis on the side lines more then in games.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:OJ is going in the first or early second so thats not happening
I'd take him in the early 2nd

DiRocco agrees.

NFL.com article states his opinion that the Jags "offseason surprise move" is releasing Thomas.

On his way to New England I'll bet.

Quote:DiRocco agrees.

NFL.com article states his opinion that the Jags "offseason surprise move" is releasing Thomas.

On his way to New England I'll bet.

This rotoworld article is based on DiRocco's guesswork lol

Quote:This rotoworld article is based on DiRocco's guesswork lol
Ah... but of course it is.

*I rarely read links unless I need in depth info so I can argue with someone lol

Quote:Um, rotoworld made it seem like a sure thing. If dont like topic, dont comment.
Yeah try and tell me what to do, see how well that works out for you.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

And now BCC is jumping in on it

They say pump the brakes. "Expectation" might be a reach.

DiRocco is just filling his quota lol

Quote: If dont like topic, dont comment.

If topic is lie, don't make thread. 

Bad signing for both parties. He is always hurt and and even when healthy he isn't much better than the other TEs on the roster. However, JT should have never signed with the Jags. Bortles is not a QB who throws short accurate passes. The fact that the Jags used 2 TEs and no FB shows how clueless Gus Bradley is

Quote:Bad signing for both parties. He is always hurt and and even when healthy he isn't much better than the other TEs on the roster. However, JT should have never signed with the Jags. Bortles is not a QB who throws short accurate passes. The fact that the Jags used 2 TEs and no FB shows how clueless Gus Bradley is

The thing is Julius doesn't excel in the short passing game as he doesn't have much short area quickness, he's in the mold of Jared Cook where he's best utilized as a seam stretcher. The fact that the Jags signed him to a monster contract only to use him in a way that doesn't maximize his strengths speaks to the incompetence of this organization.

Quote:The thing is Julius doesn't excel in the short passing game as he doesn't have much short area quickness, he's in the mold of Jared Cook where he's best utilized as a seam stretcher. The fact that the Jags signed him to a monster contract only to use him in a way that doesn't maximize his strengths speaks to the incompetence of this organization.

I'm more inclined to put that one on Olson than "the organization." 

My only gripe with Thomas is the loafing he did when he knew Blake's accuracy had hit rock bottom.  He gave up. 

He's still a very good TE when he's healthy --  he just hasn't been healthy much and played banged up a lot of his time here.

He'll have to get in shape, stay in shape, and likely need to atone for the laziness as the new staff will likely put him to task on the topic. 

Dave gets a pass or nah?

I know.  He had to spend the money.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If Chip Kelly is hired, Julius would be an awesome fit for his offense, Chip uses TE's as seam stretchers in his spread offense. Both Vance McDonald and Garret Celek (both are average talents) took the top off defenses this past year, both guys caught long TD' on seam routes. I'd be shocked if they decided to release Julius, he needs to slim down because he has a chance to make in an impact in Chips scheme, again this is assuming Chip lands the job.

Quote:Dave gets a pass or nah?

I know.  He had to spend the money.
Did the contract hurt the Jags financially?

Nah.

Did he play up to the contract?

They almost never do.

"pass" no... but take every miss with the idea of knowing he's had some solid hits.

However... everyone's criticism of DC seems very warranted by the fact that TC was brought in to oversee it all.

IDK... I still think DC has more hits than misses when it comes to F/A, especially the way contracts are worked.

And he's about washed even on drafting... maybe a little under average considering 2014 was the "home run draft" that seems to have lost its sizzle.

I think it was last year when there was a picture of jt80 in the locker room with out his shirt on. It was in the middle of the season, and he looked like 10 gallons of dog poo stuffed in a 5 gallon bag.

He looked flabby and completely out of shape. He's played like he was just here for the paycheck.

The lack of accountability along with his own lack of personal drive resulted in very poor results from him as a jaguar.

I would not be surprised if he's not on the roster after training camp.

Quote:@rotoworld_fb Jaguars expected to cut FA bust Julius Thomas https://t.co/bzPy6ISPg2

Whew, what a bust this was. I thought we should have given him another year.
Good, Sterling and Koyack was just as good as he was, dude was slow and nonathletic 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>