Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should Jaguars Cut TE Thomas

Quote:you are so wrong. t e are the overlooked position. jmho,. not only do we need one but two
MEH...

I mean... it'd be nice... but honestly how many teams have playmaking TEs?

Like legit stars at the position.

It's a luxury.

IMHO... you just need 2 solid players.

I believe we have two solid ones on roster.

But I'd love to get OJ Howard.

Cuz I think he could be one of those types of players in his career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can we change the title until we know this is for sure?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 11:28 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

[quote name="jagforlife85" post="948704" timestamp="1484755104"]

[quote name="NYC4jags" post="948689" timestamp="1484754228"]

I'm more inclined to put that one on Olson than "the organization."

My only gripe with Thomas is the loafing he did when he new Blake's accuracy had hit rock bottom. He gave up.

He's still a very good TE when he's healthy -- he just hast been healthy much and played banged up a lot of his time here.

He'll have to get in shape, stay in shape, and likely need to atone for the laziness as the new staff will likely put him to task on the topic. [/quote

You would think Dave and his pro personnel people met with the offensive coaching staff prior to signing Julius to discuss scheme fits etc...this is a logical assumption. The question is did Oley defiantly decide not to use Julius in the way discussed? For the life of me I can't figure out why they haven't used Julius as a guy that stretches the seams, he's a straight line athlete, Denver also used him in that manner. Either it was discussed prior to signing him, and Oley inexplicably defied, or it was never discussed with the offensive coaching staff prior to his signing. Either way it doesn't look good, the fact that they also allowed him to clearly get out of shape is bad mark on the previous regime as well, moving forward I can't see anything like this happening under Toms watch.[/quote]

I don't think he's a really good tight end.

I think....

He's slow

Can't get seperation

Can't jump very high for a guy his size

Didn't show a lot of passion at all last year..

Both him and the giraffe didn't do a damn thing all year.

Then in the last few games they both didn't play and their backups (who probably make the league minimum)

Came in and did some good things.

Both koyak and sterling showed good speed.good seperation

Good routes

Good ability to catch the damn ball

Passion after the catch. By passion I mean they FOUGHT Hard for yac.

Maybe I'm missing something. But I don't think so.

I say cut his [BAD WORD REMOVED] asap and let sterling and koyak have a go at it

Quote:Can we change the title until we know this is for sure?

I second that motion. Reading and comprehension is key.

Why cut anybody before training camp?

Why cut anybody before training camp?

If he's still fannying about in training camp I'd cut him.

Guys like him help drag down a team.

So this has to happen tonight right?

Quote:So this has to happen tonight right?
Nope:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/829392724071763969' title="3:13 PM - 8 Feb 2017">Feb 8</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">League source on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> TE Julius Thomas' contract: No bonus money due this week, next is $3M guaranteed on first day of league year.

I hope we keep him and use him the right way. He has shown flashes when healthy.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I hope we keep him and use him the right way. He has shown flashes when healthy.

Agreed.

I know he has some of that Randy Moss attitude in him where he only cares to play if there's something worth playing for. When the season started he was balling the first two games, but as the team kept losing he kept disappearing more and more. The question is how much of that was his lack of effort and how much was it just the scheme not using him? I hate to excuse the attitude, but if the Jaguars start winning I can see Julius starting to take over games.

BTW, he's not slow. With a 4.64 40-yard split, he's faster than most players his size. Koyack, for instance, ran a 4.72, although Sterling ran a 4.58.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 12:10 AM by MojoKing.)

Sorry double post error*

Quote:Nope:
<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
ryanohalloran
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/829392724071763969'>Feb 8</a>

More</span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

League source on <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> TE Julius Thomas' contract: No bonus money due this week, next is $3M guaranteed on first day of league year.

</span>

Ahhh I thought it was the 10th every thing had to be situated.

Koyack came alive late last season. However, I think we forget that Thomas is not that old, he's just been utilized horribly

Quote:I hope we keep him and use him the right way. He has shown flashes when healthy.
Hes always been talented enough to be the #3/4 receiver on an offense we just have to use him on seams more.

Quote:Can we change the title until we know this is for sure?

Ok.

'02

Quote:Ahhh I thought it was the 10th every thing had to be situated.

Koyack came alive late last season. However, I think we forget that Thomas is not that old, he's just been utilized horribly
Yes, it was rumoured we had to take a decision before the 10th but it turned out that we have time until March before making a decision eventually Smile

I'd be shocked if we cut him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I anticipate Marrone/Hackett lighting a fire under Thomas' rear-end in camp and actually installing some plays to use his skill set more effectively. 

With the Jags' positive cap situation there's no reason to send him packing unless he shows up horribly out of shape and doesn't work hard in July. 

I think he'll be fine and will make a few fans out of some of these haters. Especially if Blake gets his act together.  

Quote:I anticipate Marrone/Hackett lighting a fire under Thomas' rear-end in camp and actually installing some plays to use his skill set more effectively.

With the Jags' positive cap situation there's no reason to send him packing unless he shows up horribly out of shape and doesn't work hard in July.

I think he'll be fine and will make a few fans out of some of these haters. Especially if Blake gets his act together.

I think he will run circles around Lewis.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Thomas isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

He earned a 3 million dollar roster bonus today.  They'd have cut him prior to that if they were moving on.