Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who here knew that Louis Nix is on the team?

...because I sure didn't. It looks like he was signed on 4 January even though that link has Richard Ash' bio.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He was signed to the practice squad in October then signed a reserve/future contract 2 weeks back.

Not me...he's from Jax right?

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:He was signed to the practice squad in October then signed a reserve/future contract 2 weeks back.

Wow. Had no idea this had happened.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 05:05 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Wow. Had no idea this had happened.
I remember a lot of people on here wanting him back in that draft.

Fun fact: He's never started an NFL game, he never played in any games for the Texans and has only been active in 4 games as a backup (for NYG) in his entire career. He has no tackles.

He's still only 25 though and with the right staff he could still be the guy that many expected coming out of Notre Dame.

Wikipedia knew....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Who?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I didn't lol. He played good for the Irish; but I never heard anything about him beyond that.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 05:25 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

I know he has had multiple knee surgeries. Maybe he is finally healthy enough to compete next year.

I'll be honest, even though he's a local kid I don't know a ton about him.  He has been productive at every level he's been at, but looks like lately he has been bitten by the injury bug.  It will be interesting to see if he can overcome that and be productive.  He's a big boy and can do some damage in the middle.

I liked him a lot coming out of college, he was one of the premier run stuffers in the NCAA, then he began to struggle with some injuries. 

He's been on the PS awhile. If Roy Miller is let go he could have a shot at making the team.

Who cares?  Somebody that can't stay healthy and is on the PS probably isn't really an asset.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Who cares?

Nobody.

If he can't make the Jaguars roster then he's not that good.

Knew that he was added during the season and read up on him some.

Maybe he's a good jar in the shelf.

Fingers crossed.

I thought he was gonna be an elite NT when he was coming out. Injuries has made it rough on him

My best friend lived next door to him on moncrief growing up.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

It would be nice if the kid could turn it around and bounce back from the injuries. 

What you see is probably what you're going to get with Nix. Micro fracture surgery did him in.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Who?

He was a potential first round nose tackle a couple years back, but knee injuries have really derailed his career.