Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offensive line is

Offensive.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Extremely young and uncertain...

Joeckel- Huge question mark, currently a below average player, backup caliber maybe

Beadles- Average LG, way overpaid

Bowanko- Rookie with potential, who knows

Linder- Solid starter long term, bad game Sunday

Pasztor- Not anywhere near his hype that he could be a starter

The left side of the line is the weakest and both Tackles stink.  Joeckel may be a bust and Beadles is not the starter anchor we hoped for.

Pasztor must be replaced immediately.

We shall see about Bowanko and Linder.

Young and inconsistent.

There were some upgrades available in free agency this year; let's just hope that we invest some $$$ or draft picks into protecting BB5 in 2015. 

Quote:There were some upgrades available in free agency this year; let's just hope that we invest some $$$ or draft picks into protecting BB5 in 2015. 
Cut Beadles and sign Lupati with the same contract as we gave Beadles, he's actually worth it

How is our OL doing as far as a future with the Jags. Do we go to FA or start over with a draft pick

RT-Austin Pasztor

RG-Linder

C- Bowanko

LG-Beadles

LT-Joeckel

Again are you ready to go into 2015 with this group?

Quote:Cut Beadles and sign Lupati with the same contract as we gave Beadles, he's actually worth it

Iupati is not a zone guard.

Quote:Iupati is not a zone guard.
I'm not sure Beadles is either

All the rookies and Joeckle i think should be fine. They are playing at a good level and have not even finished a whole season. If i remeber correcly Monroe came in and was playing ok but getting beat bad his first 2 years and every one was callinghim a bust, and he turned out to be better then just ok. I think with Olineman it takes two years to settle in and play at thier peek. usually you have one rookie or 2 yr guy with 4 other veterans so that process is sped up some with the learning curve. The fact we have one veteran and the rest are rookies or in their second year we have to put up with the good and the bad. The outlook is we will have a very young Oline that has matured together, that is what makes good lines good is the cohesiveness. So suffer with the growing pains and we may end up with a exceptional line in the next two years and beyond. Young as a back up also showed promise in the limited time he played.

The team needs to bring in a veteran right tackle in free agency. Pasztor just isn't cutting it.

;

;

With the teal shades on, the OL looks fine and we can talk about how a particular guy is going to improve.  Peel the teal tint off and dust the lens with some reality dust and the OL just isn't that good.  Linder has been playing well, and he deserves to stick.  Joeckel has underperformed to his draft position as he's average, but I am not ready to give up on his growth yet.  Beadles, Pasztor, and Bowanko are all easily upgradeable with FA money or picks. 

Quote:The team needs to bring in a veteran right tackle in free agency. Pasztor just isn't cutting it.
I agree, IMO, he and Bowanko ideally would be backups to have. Would be nice to get upgrades at both positions. 

Quote:I'm not sure Beadles is either

Haha good point!

Quote:With the teal shades on, the OL looks fine
How did you know?

Quote:Joeckel- Huge question mark, currently a below average player, backup caliber maybe
He's certainly not playing like the #2 pick of the draft but you're way off on this IMO.

Quote:Extremely young and uncertain...

Joeckel- Huge question mark, currently a below average player, backup caliber maybe

Beadles- Average LG, way overpaid

Bowanko- Rookie with potential, who knows

Linder- Solid starter long term, bad game Sunday

Pasztor- Not anywhere near his hype that he could be a starter

The left side of the line is the weakest and both Tackles stink.  Joeckel may be a bust and Beadles is not the starter anchor we hoped for.

Pasztor must be replaced immediately.

We shall see about Bowanko and Linder.
some good replys to the OP. We need to find replacements for all the left side. Joeckel and Beadles got destroyed today. I will keep a eye on them the rest of the year but as of today I don't want to go into 2015 with them alone.

Quote:some good replys to the OP. We need to find replacements for all the left side. Joeckel and Beadles got destroyed today. I will keep a eye on them the rest of the year but as of today I don't want to go into 2015 with them alone.

100% agree...Joeckel is well, a joke at this point.  It may be too early to declare him a bust but if we had to grade him now, well, he's be a bust.

The O Line is going to bea work in progress for a long time to come unless they sign 2 starting linemen and I don't mean the likes of Beadles who is another FA getting a fat Jags check for being below average.