Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Here's the problem

I've started to notice a pattern.   Opposing defenses just blitz, blitz, blitz.   And we can't do anything about it.    We have a rookie QB who is responsible for audibling at the LOS, a rookie C who is supposed to make the line calls, and rookie WRs who are supposed to break off their routes and make an adjustment when they are wide wide open because of a heavy blitz.  

Call it a lack of experience, or bad coaching, but I saw it time after time yesterday.  For example, on one play I think all 3 linebackers blitzed, and the corner was way off Marqise Lee, but instead of changing to a slant, as all experienced WRs would do, in which case no one would have been within 10 yards of him, be ran straight down the field where the CB was waiting to pick him up very easily.   So Blake got sacked.   He had nowhere to go with the ball.  

Call it inexperience, or bad coaching, or whatever, but our offensive line and running backs cannot pick up a blitz, our WRs cannot make sight adjustments, and our QB is left with nowhere to go with the ball.   Game after game.   Our opponents leave a single high safety, and they send 7 guys on a blitz.   And we cannot do anything about it. 

The coaches and the players better figure this out or we'll not win another game for the rest of this decade. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM by JVRx21.)

Can't expect young WR to adjust like that in first year when we are just trying to make them know their single responsibility on a certain play

Crawl before you walk

But I agree 100%.

We have to adjust better

cool story bro :thumbsup:

Quote:cool story bro :thumbsup:

Thanks, JeremyNFL.  

Quote:I've started to notice a pattern.   Opposing defenses just blitz, blitz, blitz.   And we can't do anything about it.    We have a rookie QB who is responsible for audibling at the LOS, a rookie C who is supposed to make the line calls, and rookie WRs who are supposed to break off their routes and make an adjustment when they are wide wide open because of a heavy blitz.  

Call it a lack of experience, or bad coaching, but I saw it time after time yesterday.  For example, on one play I think all 3 linebackers blitzed, and the corner was way off Marqise Lee, but instead of changing to a slant, as all experienced WRs would do, in which case no one would have been within 10 yards of him, be ran straight down the field where the CB was waiting to pick him up very easily.   So Blake got sacked.   He had nowhere to go with the ball.  

Call it inexperience, or bad coaching, or whatever, but our offensive line and running backs cannot pick up a blitz, our WRs cannot make sight adjustments, and our QB is left with nowhere to go with the ball.   Game after game.   Our opponents leave a single high safety, and they send 7 guys on a blitz.   And we cannot do anything about it. 

The coaches and the players better figure this out or we'll not win another game for the rest of this decade. 
:thumbsup:  Makes sense why the screen passes and dink and dunks tend to be successful (yet boring), and if thats what Fisch has to do until they stop (and as long as it gets first downs) then heck go for it... eventually they team should get down to the red zone eat up enough clock to give our defense a rest & win by doing that... still i want to see bortles throw deep & complete to keep the safeties honest once a drive.. and to give him experince.

Caldwell is just as fault for making this team so young.  This sucks to watch this team play

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote: :thumbsup:  Makes sense why the screen passes and dink and dunks tend to be successful (yet boring), and if thats what Fisch has to do until they stop (and as long as it gets first downs) then heck go for it... eventually they team should get down to the red zone eat up enough clock to give our defense a rest & win by doing that... still i want to see bortles throw deep & complete to keep the safeties honest once a drive.. and to give him experince.

Bortles cannot throw deep if we can't pick up a blitz.   And right now, we cannot pick up a blitz. 

Rollouts often help slow down or avoid heavy blitzing. Did Bortles even rollout once?

Also, if were expecting blitzes where the hell are the tight end hot routes?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:51 PM by jagboss.)

I noticed on one of those blitzes that Linder totally chose the wrong defender.When you have,for the most part 3 rookie linemen starting (Joekel kind of),there's going to be missed blocks

Quote:Bortles cannot throw deep if we can't pick up a blitz.   And right now, we cannot pick up a blitz. 
Oh I thought with the great and mighty lewis back that would help things out.. i guess not...

Quote:I noticed on one of those blitzes that Linder totally chose the wrong defender.When you have,for the most part 3 rookie linemen starting (Joekel kind of),there's going to be missed blocks
im like come out with 2 extra TEs and the FB with no HB to block... and have a WR run short (Lee just in case) and the other go deep (Hurns)...

Quote:Can't expect young WR to adjust like that in first year when we are just trying to make them know their single responsibility on a certain play

Yes you can. WRs make this adjustment is High School and college. It shouldn't be anything new!

Quote:I've started to notice a pattern.   Opposing defenses just blitz, blitz, blitz.   And we can't do anything about it.    We have a rookie QB who is responsible for audibling at the LOS, a rookie C who is supposed to make the line calls, and rookie WRs who are supposed to break off their routes and make an adjustment when they are wide wide open because of a heavy blitz.  

The pitchfork and torch crowd will label the above as excuse making.  In reality, when you're trotting out as many rookies or 2nd year players as this team is, and you're putting these rookies in critical positions where experience really does matter, you're going to see exactly what you've pointed out above.  Your points are spot on. 

It doesn't negate the fact that there have been issues with play calling, but the failure of this team to get over the hump has much to do with this roster being even younger than it was last year at key positions.  We're looking at a rookie QB who has started what?  8 games? 

People wanted to get the rookie in there as quickly as possible, and even said that they would be fine with him struggling.  That the experience is what was most important.  Yet, suddenly they seem to be singing a different tune, either declaring Bortles a bust, or saying he should be benched. 

Most here recognized that when you're starting 6 or 7 guys on offense, there were going to be growing pains.  Especially when the bulk of your receiving corps was comprised of rookies.  That is one a position where experience counts, and in most instances, rookies hit a wall in their development.  We've gotten surprisingly good production from this group, but in the instance you referenced, Lee's lack of experience was exposed, and it cost us.  Those types of things will get better with time. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Oh I thought with the great and mighty lewis back that would help things out.. i guess not...
Getting Marcedes back should have offset the loss of Robinson, but that's assuming he's going to make plays when the ball comes his way.  They didn't target him very often, and when they did, they either put him in a bad position, or the throw was just not what it needed to be. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The pitchfork and torch crowd will label the above as excuse making.  In reality, when you're trotting out as many rookies or 2nd year players as this team is, and you're putting these rookies in critical positions where experience really does matter, you're going to see exactly what you've pointed out above.  Your points are spot on. 

It doesn't negate the fact that there have been issues with play calling, but the failure of this team to get over the hump has much to do with this roster being even younger than it was last year at key positions.  We're looking at a rookie QB who has started what?  8 games? 

People wanted to get the rookie in there as quickly as possible, and even said that they would be fine with him struggling.  That the experience is what was most important.  Yet, suddenly they seem to be singing a different tune, either declaring Bortles a bust, or saying he should be benched. 

Most here recognized that when you're starting 6 or 7 guys on offense, there were going to be growing pains.  Especially when the bulk of your receiving corps was comprised of rookies.  That is one a position where experience counts, and in most instances, rookies hit a wall in their development.  We've gotten surprisingly good production from this group, but in the instance you referenced, Lee's lack of experience was exposed, and it cost us.  Those types of things will get better with time. 
The Queen of excuses makes his appearance.  I can't wait to hear his crying

Quote:The pitchfork and torch crowd will label the above as excuse making.  In reality, when you're trotting out as many rookies or 2nd year players as this team is, and you're putting these rookies in critical positions where experience really does matter, you're going to see exactly what you've pointed out above.  Your points are spot on. 

Considering they've been getting plenty of time against the same scheme for the last month you'd think the coaches could explain to the players what needs to be done to beat it.

So is it players not having the physical ability to win against a now familiar scheme, or is it that the coaching is too inept to correct the players given a month seeing the other team play the same scheme?

Quote:Yes you can. WRs make this adjustment is High School and college. It shouldn't be anything new!

NFL is a different game....

Boselli said it best in the post game interview last night.  They are 11 games in and time to stop making excuses.  They have seen the same things for many weeks now but the same crap keeps happening.  Even Boselli who is a huge apologist seems tired of making excuses for this team.

I can accept those reasons as to how it's happening. I fully believe the WR are not adjusting, the line is not picking up the blitz and the rookie QB takes the sack.

My question is WHY? Why do professional WR ( I don't care rookie, 2nd year ect...) why don't they know to adjust but people watching on a message board know they should? Why is that such a hard concept that in week 11 they haven't figured it out?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So what the "fans" wanted to see the kid play, but it's the staff that decided he was ready, they're the ones responsible for this mess. Unless we're suggesting the fans some how forced the staffs hand?

3rd overall pick should be expected to come in and at least compete, he's giving me Gabbert flashbacks at this point.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]