Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Outsmarted - Halftime Adjustments

2nd Half

Jags - 3 plays for negative <11> yards - punt

Colts - Touchdown

* score 13-3

Jags 3 plays for +1 yard - punt

Colts - Touchdown

* score 20-3

Jags - 3 plays for negative <2> yards - punt

Colts - Field Goal

* score 23-3

Jags - 6 plays for +10 yards - punt

JAGS --- 4 POSSESSIONS FOR NEGATIVE <2> YARDS

Colts halftime adjustments:  Stack the box, blitz, and force the issue.

Jags halftime adjustments:  It's 6-3, just keep doing what we're doing. Play not to lose and keep it in the hands of our defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Passing game was ineffective either way.  They need more than a halftime adjustment to get things going there.  Defense just got worn down.

Lol.  Fisch and Badley are so confused it hurts the entire organization, including the fans.  This season can't end soon enough, it's the worst team in our short history.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:2nd Half

Jags - 3 plays for negative <11> yards - punt

Colts - Touchdown

* score 13-3

Jags 3 plays for +1 yard - punt

Colts - Touchdown

* score 20-3

Jags - 3 plays for negative <2> yards - punt

Colts - Field Goal

* score 23-3

Jags - 6 plays for +10 yards - punt

JAGS --- 4 POSSESSIONS FOR NEGATIVE <2> YARDS

Colts halftime adjustments:  Stack the box, blitz, and force the issue.

Jags halftime adjustments:  It's 6-3, just keep doing what we're doing. Play not to lose and keep it in the hands of our defense.

If this kind of thing were a single game I wouldn't think much of it. Sometimes teams lose.

The fact that the Jaguars have consistently been completely dismantled in the second half of games tells us that coaching has a lot to do with current problems, because the team is young and shouldn't just be wilting in the second half of games.

Yes,  I was critical of the Shack & Gene regime but was pretty optimistic of the Caldwell/Bradley regime.  This is the 1st time that I must admit that I'm somewhat concerned about the future.

The shortened version

All I can say is this game may have been the worst offensive performance I have ever seen. Ever.. It is especially concerning considering we were coming off the bye.

I like to call it the Muschamp gameplan.

Adjustments? What adjustment? This team only has one game plan every game day and stick with it no matter what.

Quote:Passing game was ineffective either way.  They need more than a halftime adjustment to get things going there.  Defense just got worn down.

Hopefully we can make some adjustments during the Bye Week...oh, wait...nevermind...

Pretty simple really.  They don't trust Blake to not throw INT's.  I'm not really sure what to make of it.  By the end of the third quarter I was just laughing because there wasn't anything else to do.

The first offensive drive after halftime was about as pitiful a drive as you will see in the NFL. It was expansion Buccaneers bad.

;

;

What half time adjustments? Once Bortles threw his pick the game was over. We came out of the locker room and ran on first and second down, putting a most important series on a rookie QB, and the Colts knowing we had to pass. Next play was an incompletion.

How was that different than first half? Its a passing league with runs to keep the secondary honest, and runs to finish off a game and burn clock. Sure, there are exceptions where a running back is on fire and peeling off 7 ypc, but that was not our situation and has not been all year. So to abandon the pass after the first series was a total panic and meltdown by the OC and Gus. How about after the pick pulling Blake aside and telling him don't worry, and show confidence in him by going back the next series and pass, pass, pass. That would grow your QB" confidence.

Wait... I take that back I don't think Gus ever panics. He is reactionary and not bright enough to sense urgency. All the kids get a trophy and snow cones win or lose cause they showed up and put on a uniform. He would make one heck of a pop Warner cheerleader.

I honestly don't think either team made any real adjustments in the 2nd half.  I think Indy just came out and decided it was time to control the game. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 11:58 AM by TrueFan.)

This was the first game I couldn't finish watching.. did anything of consequence good or bad happen in the 4th quarter?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:02 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:I honestly don't think either team made any real adjustments in the 2nd half. I think Indy just came out and decided it was time to control the game.
The Colts changed what they were doing and the Jaguars continued to be the Jaguars and fall flat on their face.

Coming off a bye week this team looked unprepared. Coaching on this team is a severe problem.

People can support Gus until they're blue in the face but he's not a good head coach and he did a poor job of hiring assistant coaches.

This is and has been a recipe for disaster.

I was a Bradley guy, he had me sold with his talk and I had high hopes. Those hopes were slim early this season and all gone now.

It isn't easy being this bad. You have to work to suck this much.

1-10.

Quote:This was the first game I couldn't finish watching.. did anything of consequence good or bad happen in the 4th quarter?

No. You were smart to do something else. You might have gouged your eyes if you stayed watching.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:The Colts changes what they were doing and the Jaguars continued to be the Jaguars and fall flat on their face.

Coming off a bye week this team looked unprepared. Coaching on this team is a severe problem.

People can support Gus until their blue in the face but he's not a good head coach and he did a poor job of hiring assistant coaches.

This is and has been a recipe for disaster.

I was a Bradley guy, he had me sold with his talk and I had high hopes. Those hopes were slim early this season and all gone now.

It isn't easy being this bad. You have to work to suck this much.

1-10.

I agree that most NFL teams would actually win more games on accident.  I'm sure the Jags will win some meaningless games in the next few weeks to screw up our draft position but they are definitely a unique kind of suck!

This team was woefully unprepared. They thought they would try and use the gameplan the Patriots dished out, but anyone in their right mind knew the Colts would adjust. The Jags also did not adjust for what teams have been doing the last 4 games; loading the box! This offensive handcuffing is pathetic. I mean really, what the heck do they have to lose!! There seems no ability to adjust on the fly during games and go with what is working.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:21 PM by TrueFan.)

All of the scathing criticisms are valid. The offensive playcalling was bush-league. And I agree with others, that BB's 'development' (I hate that term around here) is genuinely at risk. Just having him sitting next to Henne worries me.

Not one throw down the field? Not one?

I'm not sure I can even watch another game.