Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade value

off hand what do you think the trade value of the following are after this season

RG3

Eli

Sam Bradford

EJ Manual

Geno Smith

Mashawn Lynch

Reggie Bush

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nobody above a 4th round.

RG3 - 5th

Eli - 3rd

Bradford - 4th

Manuel - 7th

Smith - 7th

Lynch - 5th

Bush - 5th

I'm being generous on Eli, but they will look at the ring count.

Quote:RG3

Eli

Sam Bradford

EJ Manual

Geno Smith

Mashawn Lynch

Reggie Bush
RG3 - Not likely to be on the block. If he were, some coach/GM would look at the physical tools and offer up a third, maybe a low second, to bring him in as a reclamation project.

Eli - Nil. Possible cut.

Bradford - Isn't he a free agent anyway? If not, he's a virtual certainty to be cut.

Manuel - Fourth, probably. He was overdrafted in the first place, then rushed into action two years before he should have been. He's a career backup.

Geno - Sixth. He'd be little more than a third QB on most teams, no better than a camp arm on some.

Lynch - Nil. He's a banged-up back who's being gently pushed out in favor of younger options. I believe he has a fairly substantial contract for a running back, and would have very little trade value as a result.

Bush - Probably nil. He's turning 30, and the cliff could be fallen off of anytime.

Sam Bradford is in the final year of his contract, so he can't be traded.

If you are asking who the Jaguars should trade a pick for, forget about Marshawn Lynch and Reggie Bush. We are set at running back.

Quote:Sam Bradford is in the final year of his contract, so he can't be traded.

If you are asking who the Jaguars should trade a pick for, forget about Marshawn Lynch and Reggie Bush. We are set at running back.

Not wanting any to be honest was wondering what thier value was.

TO me you put Eli on the Rams and I think they are a playoff team.

I just wonder where some of these guys will be next year. at least what 3 qbs go in the first early 2nd next year.

Quote:Not wanting any to be honest was wondering what thier value was.

To me you put Eli on the Rams and I think they are a playoff team.

I just wonder where some of these guys will be next year. at least what 3 qbs go in the first early 2nd next year.

If you only want to know where some players will be next year, you should be talking about guys who will be free agents soon. The only reason to think about trade value is if you want the Jaguars to get one of the players on the list.

What Jaguars are on the list?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM by scoobydiesel.)

Eli on the rams would be interesting. Very sad that Sam never could get a break(well he did just not in the good way) as a ram.

If Palmer could fetch a 1st and a 2nd when the Bengals let him go years ago, you guys are significantly underestimating Eli's value.  If you have a middle of the pack QB with potential to break the top 10 year to year, like Eli, you'll probably command a 1st round pick from a team that's looking for competent QB play.  And there's always several that are looking, but the Giants aren't trading him or cutting him, so no need to worry about that.

Eli is in a new offense this year, keep that in mind.  He's not elite, but he can play QB just fine under more normal circumstances.

Regarding Reggie Bush,  I don't think he will have much trade value because he can't stay healthy,  his contract,  and age.  My current guess is Bush will end up being a salary cap casualty unless he's willing to lower his base salary substantially.    I still believe Bush can be an asset at RB as a part time player when healthy.  But he's missed too many games and parts of games because of injury to keep him on the roster in 2015 under the current terms of his contract.   The remainder of the season can potentially change the outlook but it has to start on Thursday against the Bears.