Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan needs to fire Bradley before he ruins Bortles

It is only his rookie year and Bortles is at a tipping point in his career. It is at the point where this coaching staff is not allowing him to do anything. We saw the promise in the preseason and the first few starts. Whatever promise we saw is gone. Flown out the window weeks ago.

People want Fisch fired but it needs to be more than that. Start at the top. Bradley needs to be gone. He hired Fisch. He is there when they are drawing up the offensive game plan. The team has to hire a new head coach with a background in offense. One that has NFL experience. Otherwise, Bortles could end up a cautionary tale.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do you have a time machine?

No but I have eyes

Quote:It is only his rookie year and Bortles is at a tipping point in his career. It is at the point where this coaching staff is not allowing him to do anything. We saw the promise in the preseason and the first few starts. Whatever promise we saw is gone. Flown out the window weeks ago.

People want Fisch fired but it needs to be more than that. Start at the top. Bradley needs to be gone. He hired Fisch. He is there when they are drawing up the offensive game plan. The team has to hire a new head coach with a background in offense. One that has NFL experience. Otherwise, Bortles could end up a cautionary tale.

I thought Dave Caldwell the GM hires the coaches?  I mean I'm sure Gus had suggestions but I thought that job was that of a GM, am I wrong?

As far as QB development thats Frank Scelfo the QB coach, or plays is Fisch the OC.  To blame the defensive minded Head Coach of Blake Bortles QB regressing seems a bit of a stretch to me.  I mean has Gus said publicly that he felt Blake needed to remain in the pocket more or something to that nature?

Jedd calls the offensive plays right? If so he's got to go. Why aren't they allowing Bortles to  throw more than ten yards. Bortles made some impressive throws at UCF.

Quote:Jedd calls the offensive plays right? If so he's got to go. Why aren't they allowing Bortles to  throw more than ten yards. Bortles made some impressive throws at UCF.

I don't know; why don't you ask the o-line?

I'm not saying Fisch is some offensive guru, but to act like the o-line is providing time for a deep route to develop is absurd.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:34 AM by David4499.)

I don't think it's the players... I think it's the stadium.. we need a dome. Sick shot shot shot shot shot

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I don't think it's the players... I think it's the stadium.. we need a dome. Sick shot shot shot shot shot
maybe install more pools so the fans can cool down after being so fired up from the poor performance of the team?

Not pointing at you in particular, but it is funny to see people coming around to the fact that Bradley needs to go. 

I am not sold on the fire Gus Bradley bandwagon.. not yet..

i guess i am drunk on Teal Koolaid...

but I want so bad for Gus to succeed...

I'll wait to the end of this season (since I know hes not going to get fired anyway) to review his actions...

Quote:I thought Dave Caldwell the GM hires the coaches?  I mean I'm sure Gus had suggestions but I thought that job was that of a GM, am I wrong?

As far as QB development thats Frank Scelfo the QB coach, or plays is Fisch the OC.  To blame the defensive minded Head Coach of Blake Bortles QB regressing seems a bit of a stretch to me.  I mean has Gus said publicly that he felt Blake needed to remain in the pocket more or something to that nature?

Bradley hires the assistants, not Caldwell.

And why are so many quick to say "yeah but Bradley is a defensive minded head coach".

That should not excuse him for this pathetic offense.

;

;

Quote:Jedd calls the offensive plays right? If so he's got to go. Why aren't they allowing Bortles to  throw more than ten yards. Bortles made some impressive throws at UCF.
Fans: why isnt BB throwing downfield more then 10 yards?

BB: i cant throw it past 10 yards on my back :teehee:

Quote:I thought Dave Caldwell the GM hires the coaches?  I mean I'm sure Gus had suggestions but I thought that job was that of a GM, am I wrong?

The HC gets all of his staff.  The failure is on Bradley.  Bradley being a failure is on Caldwell.  And Caldwell being a failure is on Khan.  We will see which of these guys is a true leader in the near future if/when someone makes a change.

Quote:Bradley hires the assistants, not Caldwell.

And why are so many quick to say "yeah but Bradley is a defensive minded head coach".

That should not excuse him for this pathetic offense.

Agreed, the HC is the HC, I don't care what his background is.  He is responsible for leading the entire team!

Bradley hired babich and fisch 2 days after he was hired. They both coached along side Bradley at diff points in his career. Fisch was the QB coach in Seattle before being hired as OC at Miami. As a first time HC Bradley went with familiar faces. I do think its time to cut bait and send fisch on his way he just doesnt have the ability to call plays and put together a game plan to beat the diff. defense the NFL brings.

I'm never one to question coaching but this team really needs an offensive guru.  There is no reason in this day an age to be as bead as this team has been on offense the last bunch of years

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

What scares me about Blake is its not just mechanics anymore, its decision making. I could live with the Int is he then would come back and make a throw like we saw to Marquise Lee in the preseason