Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marion Hobby expected to be announced as Dline coach

Been the Clemson Dline coach and co-defensive coordinator for years. Has a great track record of developing defensive ends and his units have always been at very high levels.

These assistant hires are amazing. I'm not sure I can think of any team that has added that much quality onto a staff in one offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very nice!!

Hire him just to tell Dave how good vic beasley is every day

Source tells @sn_nfl that @Jaguars expected to add Clemson assistant Marion Hobby to their coaching staff. Expected to coach on d-line

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 12:52 PM by BritishJag.)

Clemson fans seem to love him. Similar reaction from Michigan fans to losing Wheatley.

Sounds like the right guy to bring Fowler along and get Ngakoue on that next level.  (Bennett and Day could benefit as well)

If you're into sacks and turnovers I guess this is a good hire.  I mean, if that's your thing .....

Quote:Hire him just to tell Dave how good vic beasley is every day
I still think if used correctly Dante fowler could be better!

I like his work with undersized DE's (Vic Beasley) should be good news for Fowler and Yannick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I still think if used correctly Dante fowler could be better!

Fowler might end being "better" if utilized in a Dontae Hightower type role at the linebacker position, where he can blitz, cover, set the edge etc... a true jack of all trades but master of none. However, Fowler isn't in the same stratosphere as Beasley as an athlete, Vic is one of the best athletes in the league and is one if the better athletes to come out of college in the last 10 years. It's highly unlikely Fowler will ever be the pass rushing force Beasley is.

Bruce Feldman – Verified account ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

#Clemson's Marion Hobby & Jags HC Doug Marrone coached together a few years with the Saints a decade ago.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Jesus...It's getting better every day.

I'm just nervous about chip Kelly

Quote:Hire him just to tell Dave how good vic beasley is every day

Or maybe why he let Branch go Wink
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Or maybe why he let Branch go Wink

Because Yannick is better.

Quote:Because Yannick is better.

nahhh... u right. u right sun Smile

Quote:Or maybe why he let Branch go Wink

Branch? Please.

Quote:Been the Clemson Dline coach and co-defensive coordinator for years. Has a great track record of developing defensive ends and his units have always been at very high levels.

These assistant hires are amazing. I'm not sure I can think of any team that has added that much quality onto a staff in one offseason.

think about the indirect results of the hirings too.... like now...what free agent wouldnt want to come to jacksonville?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:think about the indirect results of the hirings too.... like now...what free agent wouldnt want to come to jacksonville?
Jesus.

I didn't think of that until u just mentioned it.

We're like looking really good to fa guys huh? Wow

Quote:Branch? Please.

Why I feel like ur cheeks just got puffy and u had to cover ur mouth. lol.

Branch at one End, Harvey in a 3pt stance, with the hand in the dirt gripping a sai, penetrating the earth. Hawking the cadence. Ready to get at the QB. Thats MY fantasy island!

De'plane! De'plane!