Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How much is this play time really helping Blake?

It seems like they're afraid to actually let him throw. Most of our pass game is played behind the line of scrimmage. Occasionally we'll try a slant (good job Lee making something of one of those). In the broadcast today, they said Fisch greatly reduced the offense for Blake.

Earlier in the year, Blake was at least trying to make plays down field. You got to see the good along with the bad, but those plays are out now. They're too worried about a mistake to let him make a play.

So what is he really learning from this "be afraid to throw" game manager junk that produces 3 points?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The coaching staff is ruining him.  The best thing to do is either pull him for the rest of the season or fire the coaching staff.  

Hes regressing every game. First 2 or 3 games hes showed promise, but since then its all gotten worse and worse. Part of it is him, a big share of the blame also goes to Jedd. Hes not putting him in positions to succeed. This performance after a bye week is as pathetic as it gets. 

Exactly. Like Chris Simms said just pull the training wheels off. They're putting Bortles into horrible situations. Why weren't they throwing bubble screens during the 1st half? Seem like the offense was going down field when that occured. WR need to start shoving and getting open.

This season is lost. Let this kid be fearless. He is so timid, and I blame that on Fisch and Gus. That's why he has so many INTs bc the defense knows he's throwing short come back routes the ENTIRE game! Ridiculous.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

With the exceptions of a couple throws, Bortles did not throw with authority at all this game. I am super dissappointed with this performance from Bortles after a bye week. I was really hoping for him to step up, but if anything, he seemed to regress further. At least our D is playing like it should have the whole year, but our offense is looking like a joke. I don't know if I blame Bortles or Jeb Ficsh, but the combo isn't working right now, and you have to think Fisch is probably gone after this season.

On a positive side. Toby broke some tackles today, and actually looked decent. Atta boy toby. Marcedes sucked tho. Probably getting cut with Poz after the season.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm not giving Bortles a pass like some of you because of playcalling. Playcalling? He sucks. All he does is throw ducks and is highly inaccurate on intermediate passes. He better come back next year looking like Dan Marino or draft another qb. Nobody has time to play arournd with a bust for 4 or 5 years no more.

Give me preseason Bortles or give me death!

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

Quote: Probably getting cut with Poz after the season.
Why do people still want Poz cut!? He's the best player on our team, and one of the most respected from other teams. Thankfully, nobody on this MB is the GM.

I'm sure the coaches work with Bortles during the week and evaluate his strengths and his weaknesses. Usually, after a bye week, when a team comes out with such a conservative game plan, it's not because the coaches do not want to throw intermediate or deep, it's because they know based on how the QB has practiced and what he's done in previous games, the conservative approach is what they are left with.

Bortles and Henne have handicapped Fisch.

Quote:I'm sure the coaches work with Bortles during the week and evaluate his strengths and his weaknesses. Usually, after a bye week, when a team comes out with such a conservative game plan, it's not because the coaches do not want to throw intermediate or deep, it's because they know based on how the QB has practiced and what he's done in previous games, the conservative approach is what they are left with.

So if I'm understanding you, this game plan that has produced a 1-10 season and 3 points today, the coaches are going to run it anyway because trying something else would be worse?

How?

Exactly what is to lose by trying to actually play to score some points?

Quote:So if I'm understanding you, this game plan that has produced a 1-10 season and 3 points today, the coaches are going to run it anyway because trying something else would be worse?

How?

The fact is that the coaches are stuck with a raw rookie, Bortles, and a below average veteran in Henne. Not many coaches are going to win in this situation.

Coaches have decided to go with Bortles, hoping for more from him. He's been bad. Now the coaches are giving him "confidence booster" plays, short passes and screens in hopes of getting him going. He's even struggled with that.

So with all of his struggles with easier plays, you would like him to drop back, survey the field and connect on deeper, harder to read throws?

Again, it's Fisch who is handicapped by Bortles. Thus, the conservative gameplay.

Jebb is turning Blake into Henne with play calling! 

Quote:The fact is that the coaches are stuck with a raw rookie, Bortles, and a below average veteran in Henne. Not many coaches are going to win in this situation.

Coaches have decided to go with Bortles, hoping for more from him. He's been bad. Now the coaches are giving him "confidence booster" plays, short passes and screens in hopes of getting him going. He's even struggled with that.

So with all of his struggles with easier plays, you would like him to drop back, survey the field and connect on deeper, harder to read throws?

Again, it's Fisch who is handicapped by Bortles. Thus, the conservative gameplay.

Odd we had the same problem with Henne. When Blake came in during the first Colts game, he looked nothing like this. They've transitioned him into this super conservative mode over the season.

Who is really limiting whom?

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 07:18 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:So if I'm understanding you, this game plan that has produced a 1-10 season and 3 points today, the coaches are going to run it anyway because trying something else would be worse?

How?

Agreed! It seems that they are so dead set on making the running game work that they have abandoned every other aspect of running an offense...This offense looks just like JDR's. JDR used to say he didn't care how many people they put in the box we were going to run the ball...That seems to be the same mindset this current OC has decided on...Not to mention the 3rd and 9 and throw a sideways 2 yard pass...Pop Warner play calling...BLEH!

They stole Muschamp's playbook.

Quote:I'm sure the coaches work with Bortles during the week and evaluate his strengths and his weaknesses. Usually, after a bye week, when a team comes out with such a conservative game plan, it's not because the coaches do not want to throw intermediate or deep, it's because they know based on how the QB has practiced and what he's done in previous games, the conservative approach is what they are left with.

I'm betting it's no coincidence that if you changed the l in your name to an I, and removed the a, and added a C you'd get Fisch.  I think I've found Jedd's account.

No, it's the other way around.  The QB's are being handicapped by the OC.  That much is obvious from past games.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Odd we had the same problem with Henne. When Blake came in during the first Colts game, he looked nothing like this. They've transitioned him into this super conservative mode over the season.

Who is really limiting whom?
He came in during the second half of a blow out game, down 30-0. Colts defense wasn't playing like the game was ever in doubt and played much softer in the second half. Let's not forget that he threw a pick and it really could've been a few more.

I think you are afraid to admit the Bortles is a big part of the problem.

Let's say that you were his coach. What would you do? He throws INTs at an alarming rate, despite all of the efforts made by the coaches to reduce those mistakes.

I could agree with you that the coaches have handicapped Bortles as well, but it's due to lack of trust in his abilities.

He has lost some of his poise and aggressiveness little by little since about the third game as the starter. If you're going to take risks its better to go deep so if it is intercepted you aren't giving them the ball on our side of the field.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Let's say that you were his coach. What would you do?

I'd keep telling him to throw behind the line of scrimmage all game. The jags are following a universally sound plan: when something isn't working, just keep doing it and wait for a different result. I wouldn't want to mess up all this progress by changing anything.

Say hello to Jedd for us when he gets home.