Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Lonely?

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 03:21 PM by Ringo.)

As a rookie QB, I would assume there would be coaches, clip boards and discussion while on the bench during the time the D is on. You see Manning, Brady, great QBs always studying or discussing on the bench.

I've rarely seen this with Blake.

Am I wondering for nothing? Maybe just overly concerned, but the kid still needs a lot of help, and from I see on the sideline it's like he's contracted Ebola or something.

Anyway. Not a x's and o's guru, maybe someone can enlighten me.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This coaching staff is full of morons....

Quote:This coaching staff is full of morons....

Bingo

BLAKE is horrible right now.

He's got a lotttt of work to do.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I guess they're relying on Henne to do all the work?

Who knows. We don't see a lot of the sideline so can't really say anything for sure.

Can't blame the coaching staff forever. The one play where we threw for more than 10 yards in the air, it's inaccurate and it gets picked.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Can't blame the coaching staff forever. The one play where we threw for more than 10 yards in the air, it's inaccurate and it gets picked.

"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:This coaching staff is full of morons....

this is pretty much the case.

keep in mind with bortles is he really just wasnt ready to start so when we see the bad play right now we shouldnt be surprised. gotta hope everything will be corrected by next season but right now there isnt much hope with the lack of good offensive minds on that team to help him along.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:BLAKE is horrible right now.

He's got a lotttt of work to do.

His footwork is 10x worse than it was even in college.  I don't know the reason behind that but my God...his footwork is possibly the worst I have ever seen right now.

Gotta be demoralizing for the D. Playing lights out, on the road against one of the best offenses in the league.

The bye didn't help much, and besides Robinson, the offense is healthier than the D.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:this is pretty much the case.

keep in mind with bortles is he really just wasnt ready to start so when we see the bad play right now we shouldnt be surprised. gotta hope everything will be corrected by next season but right now there isnt much hope with the lack of good offensive minds on that team to help him along.

Understood. But there has to be improvement somewhere. There's been enough games to see something positive.

OLine has done better. Running game respectable. Passing? Zip.

Then again. What's the worst that could happen? Miss playoffs?
Blakes Life Matters

Bortles better step it up

The coaching staff has lost faith in bortles.

I'm not sure what the logic behind playing him is if all you're going to do with him is hand it off, or throw to a dump off....

ice cream

Lindsey Duke left him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I agree butterworths..

Quote:Understood. But there has to be improvement somewhere. There's been enough games to see something positive.

OLine has done better. Running game respectable. Passing? Zip.

Then again. What's the worst that could happen? Miss playoffs?

there isnt improvement. its shell shock. he didnt have enough time and now he is reverting to bad habits.

its easy to think about things and put them into place in practice and preseason.

when you are playing real games and the colts stadium is going nuts....... it needs to be second nature and it wasnt there yet.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

It may be time to bench him

run. run. screen.

Idk what went on with Bortles. Looked like he was gonna be special. Has regressed almost every single game. Turning into full Gabbert mode this game. There's still hope for him though.

Quote:Idk what went on with Bortles. Looked like he was gonna be special. Has regressed almost every single game. Turning into full Gabbert mode this game. There's still hope for him though.

Man I hate to agree with this.

But I can't argue.

Ugh.
Blakes Life Matters