Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oakland Raiders 0-16 Countdown Thread

0-10 right now. 6 more losses to go  Laughing

In all seriousness though, it's really sad to see how far the Raiders have fallen after all these years. It's hard to believe that 12 years ago they were in the SB. Sad.

And trust me, our Jags aren't in much better shape right now statistically either, but atleast we have good management and a solid foundation in place already.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:0-10 right now. 6 more losses to go  Laughing

In all seriousness though, it's really sad to see how far the Raiders have fallen after all these years. It's hard to believe that 12 years ago they were in the SB. Sad.

And trust me, our Jags aren't in much better shape right now statistically either, but atleast we have good management and a solid foundation in place already.

Now if we could just get some really good/great coaches in here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I really hope they don't go 0-16, too sad...

Lets not make fun of the radiers right now. Afterall they beat us last year. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

What I don't get is Derek Carr is statistically Blaine Gabbert and they haven't won a game (both had a lack of talent around them) yet Carr seems to be getting praised for good play.

Quote:Lets not make fun of the radiers right now. Afterall they beat us last year. 
That was two years ago. And remember, they only beat us because Blaine went down in that game. One of the few solid performances of the Gabbert era.

Quote:That was two years ago. And remember, they only beat us because Blaine went down in that game. One of the few solid performances of the Gabbert era.

And last year. Chad Henne started because Blake Gabbert had a hand injury. We got blown out and scored in garbage time.

Two years ago we lost MJD on the first or second offensive play. The Raiders won that game in overtime.

Post their remaining schedule and I'll let you know whether they'll go 0-16

Quote:Post their remaining schedule and I'll let you know whether they'll go 0-16

Chiefs 8:25

at Rams 1:00

49ers 4:25

at Chiefs 1:00

Bills 4:25

at Broncos 4:25

Buffalo might be winnable. West Coast teams often lose 1:00 games, so going to MIssouri twice probably will not help much. They can win one game, maybe two, but definitely not three.

Quote:And last year. Chad Henne started because Blake Gabbert had a hand injury. We got blown out and scored in garbage time.

Two years ago we lost MJD on the first or second offensive play. The Raiders won that game in overtime.
lol

all of those teams are still in the playoff race

it's very very conceivable the raiders go 0-16

even the bills are 5-5

I think Oakland beats buffalo. Talk about jet lag
No commercial messages in sigs

If the Broncos lock up playoff seeding I could see them resting a couple of starters in the last game of the season (Manning). That would be the Raiders best shot at a win.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What I don't get is Derek Carr is statistically Blaine Gabbert and they haven't won a game (both had a lack of talent around them) yet Carr seems to be getting praised for good play.

Probably because he hasn't been on any prime time games yet.

The huge amounts of negativity heaped on Gabbert started after he played in primetime and Gruden buried him during the broadcast. After that all anyone talked about was how scared he was.

If Carr shows the same thing (and his big knock coming out of college was that he gets destroyed by pressure) then the narrative about him will probably take on a more negative tone, though I doubt it'll be as intense as the negativity around Gabbert. The Jaguars are the punching bag of the sports broadcasting world due to the perception of our market being the least important. Using Jacksonville as the butt of every joke keeps the most people laughing.

Quote:What I don't get is Derek Carr is statistically Blaine Gabbert and they haven't won a game (both had a lack of talent around them) yet Carr seems to be getting praised for good play.

Yet he is statistically better than Bortles so far. I've watched a couple of Raiders games so far this year, Carr has actually looked really good at times.

With the 1st pick in the draft, I am curious if Oakland is happy with Carr or if they will pick a QB.

Sadly, with OAK and JAX having the top 2 picks, there is very little leverage IMO because of neither team really needing a QB.

Quote:With the 1st pick in the draft, I am curious if Oakland is happy with Carr or if they will pick a QB.

Sadly, with OAK and JAX having the top 2 picks, there is very little leverage IMO because of neither team really needing a QB.

It really depends on how the team administrations feel about who is available and who they have.

Carr has done okay, but he's not exactly tearing it up. If they think there is a real franchise guy available why would they stick with a sub-6-YPA guy who led the team to the #1 pick?

Quote:It really depends on how the team administrations feel about who is available and who they have.

Carr has done okay, but he's not exactly tearing it up. If they think there is a real franchise guy available why would they stick with a sub-6-YPA guy who led the team to the #1 pick?

I have no idea where JAX goes with the 2nd overall pick if we are stuck there. Do we take one of the top 2 DE's or do we go O-line? 

Quote:I have no idea where JAX goes with the 2nd overall pick if we are stuck there. Do we take one of the top 2 DE's or do we go O-line? 

I'm not convinced Jax gets the second overall pick. I could easily see us winning a couple of these last 6 games and ending up behind the titans, bucs, jets, and raiders.

I'm also not informed enough about available college prospects to know who would be the appropriate prospects for the Jaguars in any of the top 10 draft positions.

Ddddrreewwwww!!!

Huh