Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oakland Raiders 0-16 Countdown Thread

Quote:I have no idea where JAX goes with the 2nd overall pick if we are stuck there. Do we take one of the top 2 DE's or do we go O-line? 

If the Jags have anywhere from #1 - #5 they have to go top DE, with LB as a fall back position.

They have to get someone who can pressure the QB and usually that ability doesn't kick in until year 2 so they need to get started now. That defensive line isn't getting any younger.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the Broncos lock up playoff seeding I could see them resting a couple of starters in the last game of the season (Manning). That would be the Raiders best shot at a win.

They won't have it locked up. Even the division title may still be up for grabs. And even if they do, there is zero chance starters would be rested at home against their AFCW archrival.

Quote:If the Jags have anywhere from #1 - #5 they have to go top DE, with LB as a fall back position.

They have to get someone who can pressure the QB and usually that ability doesn't kick in until year 2 so they need to get started now. That defensive line isn't getting any younger.

There is no reason to think the only time we can get an elite pass rusher is the top of the first round. Do you know when J.J. Watt was drafted? Hint: He was not a top five pick.

I also can't imagine needing to pick a linebacker first when our biggest need is obviously free safety.

Quote:There is no reason to think the only time we can get an elite pass rusher is the top of the first round. Do you know when J.J. Watt was drafted? Hint: He was not a top five pick.

I also can't imagine needing to pick a linebacker first when our biggest need is obviously free safety.

This may be obvious only to you.

I can't wait for you to tell me who the next J.J Watt will be so the Jags can wait until later to draft him.

Having a great pass rush will help the DBs tremendously.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I really dont want to see any team go 0-16. The raiders have been all down hill sine what? 2002? They have had alot to deal with and I do hope for better days for them.

But looking at what is ahead I'm not sure they really get a W. Who ever they beat it will be a pretty big upset, Broncos resting is an option but they might not be able to rest at this point.

Quote:This may be obvious only to you.

I can't wait for you to tell me who the next J.J Watt will be so the Jags can wait until later to draft him.

Having a great pass rush will help the DBs tremendously.

Our pass rush has been very good all year. An elite pass rusher would certainly be good to have, but that is not an urgent need like free safety and right tackle. Nothing anyone says can convince me we need an elite pass rusher when we have a top five defensive line already and big holes to fill at other positions. Would it be nice to have an elite pass rusher? Of course. Is it so important that anything else would be stupid for the first round pick? Definitely not.

Quote:Our pass rush has been very good all year. An elite pass rusher would certainly be good to have, but that is not an urgent need like free safety and right tackle. Nothing anyone says can convince me we need an elite pass rusher when we have a top five defensive line already and big holes to fill at other positions. Would it be nice to have an elite pass rusher? Of course. Is it so important that anything else would be stupid for the first round pick? Definitely not.
You don't waste a top 10 pick on a FS or RT. Early 1st round picks are spent on QB, CB, DE, LT and maybe WR if they're special. FS and RT get addressed in the later rounds. Adam2012 is right we need a dominant DE teams have to game plan around. Our pass rush is too inconsistent to pass on a stud DE. If our pass rush was good they would have sacked a broken down Romo more than once.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Well, I'm more than willing to eat my words for posting this thread. I'm glad the Raiders won tonight. Now it's a race to see whether it's Us, or the Raiders who gets the #1 overall pick in this years draft.

So now it becomes the 1-15 countdown.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:You don't waste a top 10 pick on a FS or RT. Early 1st round picks are spent on QB, CB, DE, LT and maybe WR if they're special. FS and RT get addressed in the later rounds. Adam2012 is right we need a dominant DE teams have to game plan around. Our pass rush is too inconsistent to pass on a stud DE. If our pass rush was good they would have sacked a broken down Romo more than once.

What if Alabama safety Landin Collins is valued as a top five pick? There is no way you can convince me he should not be a top five pick just because he is a safety even if he is one of the five best players in the draft. Earl Thomas waa a first-round pick. Do you know what position he plays? Safety, that's what. It is all about value for the pick.

Quote:So now it becomes the 1-15 countdown.

Actually the Raiders might finish 2-14.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 02:33 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:What if Alabama safety Landin Collins is valued as a top five pick? There is no way you can convince me he should not be a top five pick just because he is a safety even if he is one of the five best players in the draft. Earl Thomas waa a first-round pick. Do you know what position he plays? Safety, that's what. It is all about value for the pick.
You apparently have a hard time with reading comprehension. I said EARLY first round picks. Earl Thomas was drafted 14th pick in the first round, we are going to be picking earlier than that. I don't live in a world of "what ifs" I try to base my thoughts in reality and the reality is FS aren't worth a top 10 pick. Have any idea how many safeties have been drafted in the top 5 since 1992? 1 Sean Taylor. The 2 best safeties in recent history Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu weren't even drafted in the top 15 picks. Sorry nothing you can say will convince me that a safety is worth the value of a top 10 pick.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:You apparently have a hard time with reading comprehension. I said EARLY first round picks. Earl Thomas was drafted 14th pick in the first round, we are going to be picking earlier than that. I don't live in a world of "what ifs" I try to base my thoughts in reality and the reality is FS aren't worth a top 10 pick. Have any idea how many safeties have been drafted in the top 5 since 1992? 1 Sean Taylor. The 2 best safeties in recent history Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu weren't even drafted in the top 15 picks. Sorry nothing you can say will convince me that a safety is worth the value of a top 10 pick.

So we can trade down for more picks and get a safety later in the first.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 02:45 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:So we can trade down for more picks and get a safety later in the first.
Much better idea than taking one in the top 10. But a pass rusher is still a bigger need. I think back to the Giants team that beat the Patriots in the Superbowl with all the pass rushers they had. Tuck, JPP, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka all early picks and they were relentless. That's the kind of defensive line that will win you a lot of games.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Much better idea than taking one in the top 10.

Depending on the possibility an elite safety is valued as a top five pick. If there is one, no way do we risk missing out.

Quote:I have no idea where JAX goes with the 2nd overall pick if we are stuck there. Do we take one of the top 2 DE's or do we go O-line? 

If you're picking in the top 10 you should always take BAP, as opposed to targeting a certain position

Quote:If you're picking in the top 10 you should always take BAP, as opposed to targeting a certain position

Not if the BAP plays a position we don't need to upgrade.

Sometimes it does make more sense to target a certain position early depending on who is available and what we need.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 02:34 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:Not if the BAP plays a position we don't need to upgrade.

Sometimes it does make more sense to target a certain position early depending on who is available and what we need.
And what position doesn't need an upgrade other than QB and WR? We're a 1 win team there's no sacred cows on that roster.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 03:47 AM by BritishJag.)

Realistically I think we're looking at one of the Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Bucs or Raiders with the first pick.

I think 3/5 of them would draft Mariota - Jags and Raiders would auction the pick most likely. Should be interesting to see how that all pans out.

Edit: On another note, MJD had 3 carries for -1 yards. Wouldn't surprise me to see him retire at the end of this season. He's had 39 rushes for 69 yards and an average of 1.9YPC. That's really bad, really really bad.

Quote:Depending on the possibility an elite safety is valued as a top five pick. If there is one, no way do we risk missing out.
Landon Collins is a strong safety and doesn't have that speed which allows earl Thomas to be so effective as a single high safety

he is the consensus best safety

added the drop off between Collins and cyp is less than between say Gregory and clemons not to mention clemons is nearing retirement

bap is bull

If mariota is on the board and is the best available do you take him because he might be better then bortles...no