Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All aboard the Hype Train?

The dust has settled, and at first I wasn't exactly ecstatic about some of this choices following the Gus firing, but the more I think about it, and as our new coaches start getting announced, I'm really starting to get pretty excited. I'm really curious how our FA acquisitions and draft go, but I'm booking my seat for this hype train. I expect great things with Coughlin running the show, and his little speech gave me chills. Lets win, what else is there to do in football?

Then in 6 years we force Coughlin to retire because our team is a cap mess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

have to see what they do in fa and draft

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:have to see what they do in fa and draft

I would expect them to go heavy in the trenches. It's not popular to fans looking for exciting skills players. But what that will signify to me is that they will be building a winning team. If I see this play out I'm not sure I'll be able to contain my excitement.

We've been on the hype train for about 10 years now. I think I might skip this ride for now. Although it is a little hard not to get hyped up because I really like most of the recent changes.. I'm expecting another 2-14 season but hoping for the best. We will see though. Hopefully I am wrong now like I was all the other times when I jumped on the hype train. Hopefully I am wrong when I am actually not on the hype train!

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:We've been on the hype train for about 10 years now. I think I might skip this ride for now. Although it is a little hard not to get hyped up because I really like most of the recent changes.. I'm expecting another 2-14 season but hoping for the best. We will see though. Hopefully I am wrong now like I was all the other times when I jumped on the hype train. Hopefully I am wrong when I am actually not on the hype train!
2-14 is a train that leads to Sam Darnold, which really isn't a bad destination. I personally can't get on any train without seeing FA/DRAFT/and pre season mechanics of Bortles. 

[Image: tumblr_lv5g2wRmrM1r6nv1uo1_500.jpg]

I am optimistic about the near future of this team. Not hype. I vow to never make the mistake of having expectations with this team again. It just bites you hard in the kuester.

No pain, no gain.

I will never set reasonable expectations for this team again

Until this team actually does something relevant, then they will remain the trash of the NFL like they prove to everyone year in and year out.

I'll wait,and see what team does on the field.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

What snowwolf said.

Quote:We've been on the hype train for about 10 years now. I think I might skip this ride for now. Although it is a little hard not to get hyped up because I really like most of the recent changes.. I'm expecting another 2-14 season but hoping for the best. We will see though. Hopefully I am wrong now like I was all the other times when I jumped on the hype train. Hopefully I am wrong when I am actually not on the hype train!
No chance we go 2-14 next season with Coughlin at the helm. 6-10? maybe. But thats the floor.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:The dust has settled, and at first I wasn't exactly ecstatic about some of this choices following the Gus firing, but the more I think about it, and as our new coaches start getting announced, I'm really starting to get pretty excited. I'm really curious how our FA acquisitions and draft go, but I'm booking my seat for this hype train. I expect great things with Coughlin running the show, and his little speech gave me chills. Lets win, what else is there to do in football?

Coughlin isn't the cap guy. John Idzik (former Jets GM) is the cap guy and has done an excellent job with it so far. Absolutely no reason for Coughlin to mess with the work Idzik is doing.

Quote:The dust has settled, and at first I wasn't exactly ecstatic about some of this choices following the Gus firing, but the more I think about it, and as our new coaches start getting announced, I'm really starting to get pretty excited. I'm really curious how our FA acquisitions and draft go, but I'm booking my seat for this hype train. I expect great things with Coughlin running the show, and his little speech gave me chills. Lets win, what else is there to do in football?

Different era and Tom's in a different role with a lot more help this time around.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

After last season I just can't get on the hype train.

Myles Jack, Dante Fowler, and Jalen Ramsey was all supposed to explode on the scene. Ramsey did, but the other 2 guys did not for different reasons. Arob was supposed to become a top 5 WR. Hurns was supposed to be that number 2 guy.

We got the number 1 ranked Free Agent in Malik Jackson. We also got Gipson, who we all wanted. We also got Ivory who was going to pound the rock.

And what happens? Except for Ramsey and Jackson, they all laid an egg. Arob, Hurns and Lee didn't even get to 1000 yards. Ivory had a laughable season. Did he even get 500 yards? Gipson was invisible and missed critical tackles. Jack couldn't learn the playbook. And all of a sudden Bortles was seen with a MON-STAR who creeped up inside of him and stole his talent.

No matter who we draft. Even if we trade back in round 1 three times and we draft a guy in round 2. I still can't get on the hype train.

I'm over here hoping to go 6-10 next year.

Nope, never again. Not after what the Gus Bradley and Mularkey era has done to me. I won't have any hype until I see wins.

Hype train ran out of fuel long ago. Time to put up or shut up.

It isn't hype if grabbing super ball coaches.  It is the new Winning whatever else is there motto! 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Doesn't matter. As long as Oehser is on the payroll, we aren't in the clear yet.

Quote:And what happens? Except for Ramsey and Jackson, they all laid an egg. Arob, Hurns and Lee didn't even get to 1000 yards. Ivory had a laughable season. Did he even get 500 yards? Gipson was invisible and missed critical tackles. Jack couldn't learn the playbook. And all of a sudden Bortles was seen with a MON-STAR who creeped up inside of him and stole his talent.
Hold up...

Did you just make a Silver Hawks reference?!?
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon