Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All aboard the Hype Train?

[Image: KeyImaginaryIndiancow.gif]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't know that train still ran thru Jacksonville...

I am not buying a ticket for this train ride.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I will never jump on the hype train on this team again. We haven't lived up to any hype in years. So until we start winning, my hype level will be that of the recent win percentage......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 12:19 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:I'll wait,and see what team does on the field.
It's hard to argue in favor of allowing yourself some hope isn't it.

But for me? That's the fun part.

I absolutely LOVE the coaching hires.

***Because I'm allowing myself to freely ride the hope train***

When the draft happens....

**** I'll ride the hope train****

And hopefully...When next year starts

****I won't ride the shame train****

I'm hoping this is the year that I have faith, hope and optimism and don't get drug crashing to the ground after 4 losses.

Damn.... Please JAGS?

Damn I'm getting tired of getting let down

Quote:After last season I just can't get on the hype train.

Myles Jack, Dante Fowler, and Jalen Ramsey was all supposed to explode on the scene. Ramsey did, but the other 2 guys did not for different reasons. Arob was supposed to become a top 5 WR. Hurns was supposed to be that number 2 guy.

We got the number 1 ranked Free Agent in Malik Jackson. We also got Gipson, who we all wanted. We also got Ivory who was going to pound the rock.

And what happens? Except for Ramsey and Jackson, they all laid an egg. Arob, Hurns and Lee didn't even get to 1000 yards. Ivory had a laughable season. Did he even get 500 yards? Gipson was invisible and missed critical tackles. Jack couldn't learn the playbook. And all of a sudden Bortles was seen with a MON-STAR who creeped up inside of him and stole his talent.

No matter who we draft. Even if we trade back in round 1 three times and we draft a guy in round 2. I still can't get on the hype train.

I'm over here hoping to go 6-10 next year.
I believe your hope will be rewarded my fellow jags fan.

I actually believe we have a good chance to do a little better than that.

I'm on it.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I didn't know that train still ran thru Jacksonville...

I'm to drive you to Wichita to catch a train?

Train don't run out of Wichita... unlessin' you're a hog or a cattle.

People train runs out of Stubbville.

[Image: ptandautos-owen_480x360.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I would expect them to go heavy in the trenches. It's not popular to fans looking for exciting skills players. But what that will signify to me is that they will be building a winning team. If I see this play out I'm not sure I'll be able to contain my excitement.

Yes, already have the skill players in ARob, Lee, Hurns, and Julius. I can see TC drafting a top RB and focusing on the trenches.  

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:Yes, already have the skill players in ARob, Lee, Hurns, and Julius. I can see TC drafting a top RB and focusing on the trenches.

We can only hope!

I'll have to be convinced of better QB play and better run-blocking before I get anywhere near the "hype-train." 

I'm somewhat optimistic about one of those things happening and feel about 50/50 on the other. 

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 12:49 AM by Inziladun.)

A year later and here we are... Just bumping to remind everyone how far we've come! Boy has this season been a blast. Remember win or lose this Sunday our boys killed it this year.

Never woulda thought we'd be thinking about a potential super bowl appearance.

This thread is straight out of bizarro world.....
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Nice

Good call on the "focus on the trenches" prediction. A season like this has been long overdue for us Jags fans. And I gotta say the conversations/topics, and just the general non-toxic atmosphere, here at the messageboards has been refreshing.

(01-19-2018, 01:08 AM)Dakota Wrote: This thread is straight out of bizarro world.....

Nahh.

Just from a year ago...before the winning.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!