Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Race to 3000 for the Rookie QBs

Quote:Johnny Football has 63 yards, needs 2,937 yards. Must average 735 yards per game.
 lol, good one

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Derek Carr - 2676 yards 

Needs: 324 (108 yards per game)

Blake Bortles - 2466 yards (210 yards behind leader)

Needs: 534 yards (178 yards per game)

To Pass leader: 70 yards more per game than leader 

Teddy Bridgewater - 2136 yards (540 yards behind leader; 330 yards behind 2nd)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Needs: 864 yards (288 yards per game)

To pass leader: 180 yards more per game than leader

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">To pass second place: 110 yards more per game than second place

Mett looks to be out for the season, and thus out of the race.  Teddy still has a slight shot at beating Bortles, but it looks like Derek Carr will be the first to reach 3000.  No surprise, as he has more games than the other two.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

teddy started in week 4... while derek carr started from day 1

teddy is gradually getting better, while bortles and to a certain extent carr seem to be regressing

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014, 04:50 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Derek Carr - 2898 yards 

Needs: 102 (51 yards per game)

Blake Bortles - 2676 yards (222 yards behind leader)

Needs: 324 yards (162 yards per game)

To Pass leader: 111 yards more per game than leader 

Teddy Bridgewater - 2451 yards (447 yards behind leader; 225 yards behind 2nd)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Needs: 549 yards (275 yards per game)

To pass leader: 239 yards more per game than leader 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">To pass second place: 113 yards more per game than second place 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bridgewater has a shot at reaching 3k.  He also has a shot at passing Bortles if Bortles doesn't play on Thursday.  And especially if he doesn't play both weeks.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Carr won the race. I must admit I saw him in person from row 2 on Sunday. He's good. I get the feeling we might have a nice draft rivalry with Teddy, Derek, And Blake. All look promising.

All the rookie QB's (aside from Manziel) look really promising in different ways.

Blake needs 209 yards against Houston to reach 3,000

Quote:Blake needs 209 yards against Houston to reach 3,000

It might as well be 580 yards to get to 3,000 the way he's been playing recently.

It's as if there's a horizontal asymptote there as his yardage approaches 3,000.

He just had 210 yards against the Ravens and 205 against the Texans the week before that. :/

I think he'll get it. They'll let him rip the ball to end the season. YOLO. Nothing to lose. He might throw 2 picks in the process but whatever. Ideally I hope he finished the game with 210+ yards, 2 TDs, no picks, 60%+ completion percentage, and a decent amount of rushing yards to bring his stats for the season up to 3000+ yards passing, 13 TDs, 17 INTs, 60% completion percentage, and 370+ rushing yards. Also hope he gets a rushing TD. It's kind of weird he doesn't have one considering how many rushing yards he has.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

David Carr also had a whole season to do so.  I don't blame Blake.  The Jaguars are a mess right now.  Next year, he will do a lot more in the passing game.  This offseason will do wonders for him.  We will all see Blake Bortles next year better than his preseason this year.  Bortles will get 3,500 yards and 20 TDs next year.  That's my prediction.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:David Carr also had a whole season to do so. I don't blame Blake. The Jaguars are a mess right now. Next year, he will do a lot more in the passing game. This offseason will do wonders for him. We will all see Blake Bortles next year better than his preseason this year. Bortles will get 3,500 yards and 20 TDs next year. That's my prediction.

I agree with you, that is a very reasonable number for BB.

Now what would be sweet, he lights the nfl on fire and sets Jags single season records next year Smile

Quote:David Carr also had a whole season to do so.  I don't blame Blake.  The Jaguars are a mess right now.  Next year, he will do a lot more in the passing game.  This offseason will do wonders for him.  We will all see Blake Bortles next year better than his preseason this year.  Bortles will get 3,500 yards and 20 TDs next year.  That's my prediction.

Quote:I agree with you, that is a very reasonable number for BB.

Now what would be sweet, he lights the nfl on fire and sets Jags single season records next year Smile

If Allen Robinson hadn't broken his foot I think Bortles would have thrown for a lot more yards than he has this season.

In the games leading up to Robinson's injury Bortles had thrown for 221, 247, and 290 yards.

In the games following Robinson's injury Bortles yardage went to 146, 194, and 205 yards.

Since Robinson was injured his highest yardage in a game has been 210.

I think next season assuming healthy seasons for the WRs and Bortles it should be a foregone conclusion for Bortles to easily eclipse Henne levels of play and probably be reasonably close to 4000 yards.

Quote:If Allen Robinson hadn't broken his foot I think Bortles would have thrown for a lot more yards than he has this season.

In the games leading up to Robinson's injury Bortles had thrown for 221, 247, and 290 yards.

In the games following Robinson's injury Bortles yardage went to 146, 194, and 205 yards.

I think next season assuming healthy seasons for the WRs and Bortles it should be a foregone conclusion for Bortles to easily eclipse Henne levels of play and probably be reasonably close to 4000 yards.
had Bortles started week 1 I think he would have been close to 4,000 yards this year.

Quote:If Allen Robinson hadn't broken his foot I think Bortles would have thrown for a lot more yards than he has this season.

I guess that goes to show you how valuable ARob is to this team.  He was a good possession 3rd down receiver to keep the drives alive.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

A healthy ARob will no doubt make Blake a better QB, I really hope they enjoy the offseason working together.

I agree, Blaines numbers took a huge hit without him. Our WR are alittle overated at this point. We need Blackmon back.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.