Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Rodgers footwork when throwing

Aaron Rodgers is absolutely great. Throwing motion, arm strength, poise, cadence, killer instinct, you name it, he has it. Not to mention the accuracy is prob the best I have ever seen.

He'll win another super bowl. This year most likely.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So I would call it an arm and chest exercise. And I said total weight, which includes the weights on the ends, is 225.

You truly have no clue what you're talking about.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Aaron Rodgers is absolutely great. Throwing motion, arm strength, poise, cadence, killer instinct, you name it, he has it. Not to mention the accuracy is prob the best I have ever seen.

He'll win another super bowl. This year most likely.

Definitely on the short list of elite quarterbacks. But going to another Super Bowl is going to require some feather-plucking in Arizona. Are the Cardinals ready for him?

Quote:Arms lift the bar. The bar's weight total is 225 pounds. So I would think arm strength is required for that one.

How far a quarterback can throw in a game is not an accurate measure of his arm strength because play calls, footwork, and defenses affect that. The only way to isolate arm strength is throw from your knees.

When people talk arm strength, they're not talking about how far the ball can be throne but how much zip, whether the QB can make those small window throws. Get it in between defenses etc

I don't like Rodgers personally or Packers too much (although I did root for them in SB XLV), but for me he's the best QB in the game over the last few years. I know Peyton and also Brees have a lot of records and respect them, but I'd take Rodgers over both of them and not just because he's younger.

Quote:When people talk arm strength, they're not talking about how far the ball can be throne but how much zip, whether the QB can make those small window throws. Get it in between defenses etc

Distance, velocity and accuracy, but JDub can't process more than one factor at any given time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'll bet Vic Ketchman is loving this while laughing at the current state of the Jags.

Quote:Arm strength is the most overrated quarterback attribute. Of course stronger is better, but what happens in his head is a lot more important than how much weight he can bench press.

lol, So your definition of arm strength, for an NFL QB, is based on how much weight he can bench press?

I hardly know where to begin.

I guess all I can really say is JW gonna JW.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:    

For real. What in the hell are you yapping about?

There are usually a lot of posters asking the same thing when JW makes one of her, well, classic JW posts.

Aaron Rodgers is the most complete qb in the nfl. He's my favorite to watch, but I also think he's the best. He is a pretty flawless player, especially now that he has consistent pass protection and a running game. The throws he makes on the run, outside of the pocket, are a thing of beauty
No commercial messages in sigs

Best QB in the NFL right now. I realized he was good in that NFC wildcard game Packers Va Cardinals and he went toe-to-toe with Warner.

Packs are lucky to go from Favre to Rodgers

Quote:Best QB in the NFL right now. I realized he was good in that NFC wildcard game Packers Va Cardinals and he went toe-to-toe with Warner.

Packs are lucky to go from Favre to Rodgers

Lucky would be an understatement.

Most teams search for years and years for a really good QB and they get 2 elite ones back to back.

I'm sure it's real nice to be a Packers fan.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 07:30 PM by BigJohn98.)

So benching is an arm workout now? Damn, my arms should be a lot bigger than what they are then.

Quote:Bortles footwork is horrendous...

Hopefully another full off season will help with this.

Quote:So I would call it an arm and chest exercise. And I said total weight, which includes the weights on the ends, is 225.

Well I have never heard of a QB having "chest strength" before.

Otoh, I have heard of.........................................., never mind.

It was always fun watching him at Butte. He is no doubt looking to be a HoF.

Bortles throwing motion/footwork reminds me of Tebow, thankfully unlike tebow he can throw the ball within 5 yards of his receiver

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 09:54 PM by VisitingCobra.)

I think I can translate this. Arm strength is a misleading term because, when we talk about quarterbacks, "arm strength" never means arm strength. It always refers to the velocity a ball can be thrown accurately. So JW has a point, sort of, I guess.

I think mechanics and technique contributes more to the velocity from a throw as opposed to brute strength, just like with all the niche moves in sports: pitching in baseball, golf swing.

Quote:Lucky would be an understatement.

Most teams search for years and years for a really good QB and they get 2 elite ones back to back.

I'm sure it's real nice to be a Packers fan.
And a Colts fan...