Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devin mccourtney

We're not signing him. He plays for the patriots and would never come here...

You're all trolling for SUH and Devin... There is a 0% shot we sign either... Do any of you understand what is happening to us? You're all ridiculous lol

Signing all pro players hahahahah... We suck and we're building from the ground up.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I always want players with no capital letters in their last name. Looks elite.

Quote:I always want players with no capital letters in their last name. Looks elite.

That bored that nitpick grammar and capitalization?

Must be nice Smile

mccourtney.  LOL.  Who the hell is mccourtney??

You mean this guy?  http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5824/devin-mccourty

I have no clue if he's someone Caldwell wants to sign or not, but I know his name isn't mccourtney. 

Sorry my iPhone keeps typing out my friends last name instead. Pretty sure it's obvious who we are talking about

Troll on... Enjoy your day Smile

Quote:Sorry my iPhone keeps typing out my friends last name instead. Pretty sure it's obvious who we are talking about

Troll on... Enjoy your day Smile

Haha. Not trolling, Just thought it was a funny butchering of the name.  

Since McCourty and Suh are off the list - tell us which free agents you think Caldwell might sign.  Since he's clearly stated that they'd be more active in the upcoming free agency period  -  he's gotta' sign somebody right?   Who do you think it will be? 

I don't even think we should try. There is no way the team would be able to recover after talking to a player and seeing if he was interested.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I dunno man. Khan himself said in a interview last week that this team has the advantage of cap space that other teams don't and he fully expects us to use it this offseason. That's the words of the owner who I'm sure is tired of losing just like everyone else. If we aren't spending the money on top tier talent then who are we going to spend it on?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I love these well thought out, researched threads. 

Of course, the OP hasn't a clue what he's talking about, or who the team will target in free agency.  Nor does he have a clue which players will wind up available in free agency.  He's apparently ignored the recent comments by the owner of this team about their plans in free agency this coming off season. 

Anyone who questions him is called a troll.  Oddly enough, this very thread could be construed as trolling, but I won't push the OP to think too much.  We don't want to hurt the newbie.   

It goes back to the suggestion that's been floated here several times to have a minimum post count requirement before allowing someone to start a new discussion.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Just because we have money doesn't mean players will sign

We offerered sanders way more than Broncos.. Yet he signed with them as their number three option....

Playeds have to want to play for the organization...

We're climbing up... But we will be lucky to sign mid tier FA like marks and ball... Or well overpay for someone...

Personally I don't want use to break the bank to have a signing... We're headed in the rifhr direction...

Build through draft then sign FA

We have to many holes to spend big money for one upgrade.

Quote:I love these well thought out, researched threads.

Of course, the OP hasn't a clue what he's talking about, or who the team will target in free agency. Nor does he have a clue which players will wind up available in free agency. He's apparently ignored the recent comments by the owner of this team about their plans in free agency this coming off season.

Anyone who questions him is called a troll. Oddly enough, this very thread could be construed as trolling, but I won't push the OP to think too much. We don't want to hurt the newbie.

It goes back to the suggestion that's been floated here several times to have a minimum post count requirement before allowing someone to start a new discussion.

You're a loser... I am well aware of our teams plans to spend... I am also more privy to information than you because I have family working for the jags

Funny how you act as if a post count mandates automatic hierarchy... You're like 100 years old... Clearly why have more posts....

Keep dreaming about SUH and mccourty...

Quote:You're a loser... I am well aware of our teams plans to spend... I am also more privy to information than you because I have family working for the jags

Funny how you act as if a post count mandates automatic hierarchy... You're like 100 years old... Clearly why have more posts....

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BASEBALL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:You're a loser... I am well aware of our teams plans to spend... I am also more privy to information than you because I have family working for the jags

Please share what you know since you're well aware of the jags off season plan. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Quote:We offerered sanders way more than Broncos.. Yet he signed with them as their number three option....

link?

This is a great thread

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 06:05 PM by Achilles.)

Your thought process and typing skills really ooze intelligence. I wish I could just click a button to follow you and all of your wonderful insight into the organization.

Unfortunately I can't do that but I can say that before the season started it was clear that players wanted to come to Jacksonville. They like Gus and see it as an up and coming team with khan and Caldwell as well.

Going into next year, potential free agent a will also be able to consider the bonus of playing with bortles, that should help attract players as well.

The main factor, is of course the money and we have a lot of it. Might not get a guy like suh, who can get big money anywhere and has gone on record saying he wants to go to a big market, but there are plenty of good players out there who would follow the paycheck to Jacksonville.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I don't see us signing Suh. I just feel that Caldwell doesn't want to sign someone who might create turmoil amongst our defensive line. I see his contract causing issues as he will be the highest paid player on the team. He will probably think he deserves to run the show, which would have trouble down the road.

McCourty is a possibility but I'd assume Caldwell would rather draft the future secondary anchor. He is the last guy to beat down the field in our current defensive scheme. Yes it would make sense to get someone with experience, but he would also look for longevity.

Tight End and Line Backer are the two positions I see being targeted this off season. If we keep Lewis, we might start seeing some two tight end sets being ran on offense.

Quote:I don't see us signing Suh. I just feel that Caldwell doesn't want to sign someone who might create turmoil amongst our defensive line. I see his contract causing issues as he will be the highest paid player on the team. He will probably think he deserves to run the show, which would have trouble down the road.

McCourty is a possibility but I'd assume Caldwell would rather draft the future secondary anchor. He is the last guy to beat down the field in our current defensive scheme. Yes it would make sense to get someone with experience, but he would also look for longevity.

Tight End and Line Backer are the two positions I see being targeted this off season. If we keep Lewis, we might start seeing some two tight end sets being ran on offense.

All of this. ^

(I also wouldn't be surprised to see a mid round pick used on TE as well unless they sign one a marquee free agent there) 

Quote:All of this. ^

(I also wouldn't be surprised to see a mid round pick used on TE as well unless they sign one a marquee free agent there)

I think Jordan Cameron is a realistic possibility.

Your third cousin who serves hot dogs in the north end zone doesn't count isn't exactly a reliable source.

McCourty actually might be a fit in this defense, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's targeted in a year where there's no Earl Thomas in the draft. I don't know that the team would even be interested in Suh in the first place. He'd just be a much more expensive Marks.