Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SEC East

Could be decided this weekend.  UGA(vs Auburn) and UF(vs South Carolina) are playing their last conference games.  Mizzou has three remaining including this weekend's game against A&M.

If UGA beats Auburn and Mizzou loses to A&M, then UGA wins the East this weekend.  Even if Mizzou were to beat A&M, they'd have to beat both UT and Arkansas in their remaining games or else UGA takes it.  

However if UGA loses to Auburn and UF beats South Carolina, then UGA would be eliminated.  UF would need Mizzou to lose at least 2 of their remaining 3 with one of those losses being to UT.

If UGA and UF both lose then UGA would need Mizzou to lose 2 of their remaining 3... doesnt matter which 2.

Allegiances aside I think UGA is the best of the three.  And has played better in more games than the other two combined.  I think they still have a legitimate shot of winning it but clearly Mizzou in the driver's seat.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Last week I saw a graphic during the Vandy game showing everything that must happen for UF to win it. That sounds crazy to think they still have an outside chance.

Are you taking into account the fact that Georgia beat Missouri?

Quote:Last week I saw a graphic during the Vandy game showing everything that must happen for UF to win it. That sounds crazy to think they still have an outside chance.

Are you taking into account the fact that Georgia beat Missouri?
Yes he did.

Is Mike Mallory coaching the Gators special teams this weekend? Blocked field goal and a blocked punt in consecutive possessions is giving me Saturday déjà vu.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Uf should have won but lost. All that nonsense about them winning the east is put to bed. Muschamp is for certain done after this year now. How do you allow a blocked punt when you are chewing clock?

Cant believe Florida ended up losing that game.  blocked FG and then a blocked punt costs them the game.  Muschamp still needs to be fired.

This is good news for UGA though.  A loss tonight to Auburn wouldnt eliminate them from the SEC title chase as it would have had UF won today.  So now UGA can win the SEC East if they win tonight and Mizzou loses one of their remaining three.... OR.... if they lose tonight and Mizzou loses at least two of their three remaining.  And obviously if Mizzou loses all 3 UGA advances.  

The better team doesnt win each time they play.  And the better team doesnt always even win regular season titles.  But as I said above I think UGA is the best team in the East.  

Quote:Is Mike Mallory coaching the Gators special teams this weekend? Blocked field goal and a blocked punt in consecutive possessions is giving me Saturday déjà vu.

Obviously Mallory is not the only bad ST coach.

Well UGA's defense sure isn't playing like they want to go to Atlanta. Surprisingly easy opening drive for Auburn. And shooting themselves in the foot on ST. They better tighten up or no SECCG for them.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Well UGA's defense sure isn't playing like they want to go to Atlanta. Surprisingly easy opening drive for Auburn. And shooting themselves in the foot on ST. They better tighten up or no SECCG for them.

What about the offense?

Quote:What about the offense?
They hadn't run a play at the time of the post, but now that you mention it, they ain't playing championship worthy either.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

The East is terrible
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"