Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Simple Yes or No....Is Bortles The Guy?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Simple Yes or No....Is Bortles The Guy?

Good topic on Gus, so...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

maybe

(  "probably" is really more accurate to describe how i feel at this point )

yes, not a question in my mind.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Not even a doubt.

He will be.

He should be,  based on talent,  work ethic,  and other intangibles.   Hence I voted yes.

Injuries are hard to predict though.  

The other unknown is does a rookie season in which a QB is playing in adverse conditions have a negative impact on his career that goes beyond the injury factor?   David Carr comes to mind as a QB that probably would have had a much better career if he didn't start until his 3rd or 4th season.  

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 06:23 PM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

Of course he is! The difference between him and Gabbert is a significant one. I think Bortles will be better as he learns more, and I know I sound like a broken record but I know its true.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Yes.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I think he is. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Reported for corn not being an option

In all seriousness we obviously like what we see (exception the cowboys game) and hes doing more with less than gabby had (MJD on the early decline of his career here) and a fairly solid if not at least consistent oline.

I miss eugene monroe Sad dude was beastly. Joekel looks like a doughy sack.
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

I believe so

Dear GOD YES, at least for the here and now.

The Jags simply HAD to draft a QB and he had a lot of the tangibles that you want in a QB, especially size, mobility and accuracy. He also won some big games as a QB of a small college.

I'm quite sure the Jags were as sick of watching Gabby and Henne for the last few seasons as we all were and just the thought of Mr. 3 and out, ball batted down, consistently at the bottom of NFL Qbs  Henne playing QB for the Jags for another full season had to be a nightmare that they just didn't want to go through again.

There's not a one of us on here that can blame them for that.

I know the 1-9 record is not what they were expecting at this point in the season, but I really believe that with better coaching, better play-calling and really trying to put the players in the best position to succeed, that the record would not be that bad.

I'm not saying the Jags would have a winning record, but I just don't believe they would be sitting here during the bye week at 1-9,

Inexperience at HC and subpar play-calling are 2 of the biggest reasons they are 1-9.

Starting a bunch of rookies doesn't help the cause either.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Is LOL an option?

One day...

I ask another question of those who read this:

At this point in the season, judging from their play so far, which rookie QB would you have chosen if it were up to you?

Bortles

Bridgewater

Carr

Or any other rookie QB from the last draft?

Quote:I ask another question of those who read this:

At this point in the season, judging from their play so far, which rookie QB would you have chosen if it were up to you?

Bortles

Bridgewater

Carr

Bortles and its not even close

Derek Carr is captain check down with his 5.4 ypa and garbage stats.

Teddy is on a more talented team and he don't even stand out. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I ask another question of those who read this:

Bortles

Bridgewater

Carr

Bortles, no question.  A harder question, if you could go back and take anyone from the draft, who would you choose.  I say i'd still take Bortles, but it's not a slam dunk.

It's way too early.

But I like his aggression even if it leads to him making mistakes now.  Its refreshing to see a QB who isn't afraid to throw the ball.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 08:10 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Bortles, no question.  A harder question, if you could go back and take anyone from the draft, who would you choose.  I say i'd still take Bortles, but it's not a slam dunk.

I only asked about QBs because the Jags had to take a QB, not necessarily at #3 but they HAD to draft a QB, no ifs, ands, buts, woulda, shoulda, coulda or any other _oulda about it.

these threads are pointless. it's too early for this.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I don't know.

Maybe, maybe not.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.