Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Tosh: 1, ESPN: 0

Daniel Tosh tore ESPN a new one the other night for ripping off one of his segments. I won't link it because there is some NSFW language, but YouTube search "Sport Science.0".

Absolutely brilliant.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Funny stuff right there.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Daniel Tosh used to be funny until he turned into a gross out artist.

Quote:Daniel Tosh used to be funny until he turned into a gross out artist.

He always pushed P.C. buttons for shock humor. Check out some of his old standup.

Regardless, you don't think the Sports Science.0 skit was funny? Come on, man.

Quote:He always pushed P.C. buttons for shock humor. Check out some of his old standup.

Regardless, you don't think the Sports Science.0 skit was funny? Come on, man.

I can't watch the video now, but I'm sure it's funny.

His old stand up stuff was funny, as well as his first season of Tosh.O, but then it slowly spiraled into the Booger, Feces, and Oozing pustules show.

Quote:I can't watch the video now, but I'm sure it's funny.

His old stand up stuff was funny, as well as his first season of Tosh.O, but then it slowly spiraled into the Booger, Feces, and Oozing pustules show.

Yeah, I hate those parts of the show too.

The guy from Tosh.0 is accusing someone else of ripping him off? Has he watched his own show?

Quote:The guy from Tosh.0 is accusing someone else of ripping him off? Has he watched his own show?

His show is actually pretty unique with some very unique segments. One of those very unique segments is his "web redemption"s, which ESPN blatantly copied [BLEEP] for tat. I'm guessing you don't watch his show.

Quote:The guy from Tosh.0 is accusing someone else of ripping him off? Has he watched his own show?

Other than using public videos, what does he steal? He uses those videos for hos own comedy.

Quote:Other than using public videos, what does he steal? He uses those videos for hos own comedy.

This.

Tosh.0 isn't a knock off of other shows like America's Funniest Home Videos. Tosh is a stand-up comedian who essentially gets a 30 minute TV special every episode. The videos are more or less props in his stand-up routine. It's a unique concept.

Meanwhile, ESPN's web-redemption was a completely non-unique concept. It ripped Tosh.0 off right down to the wording ("think you're ready to give it another shot?") and slow-motion finale.

Quote:Other than using public videos, what does he steal? He uses those videos for hos own comedy.
Except they're not public videos. He's using the content of others without compensation (as far as I know).

Quote:Except they're not public videos. He's using the content of others without compensation (as far as I know).

Youtube videos aren't public? Unless you hold a copyright, they are public.

Quote:Except they're not public videos. He's using the content of others without compensation (as far as I know).

1. Tosh does compensate a fair amount of people who have their videos used on his show.

2. There is nothing illegal about what the show does. The videos he uses are either consented or legal to use under fair use laws.

Quote:Youtube videos aren't public? Unless you hold a copyright, they are public.
Putting a video on Youtube doesn't void your copyright. Youtube is just the means of distribution, the uploader still owns the video (assuming it wasn't someone else's content to begin with) and should be compensated. If HTYV is indeed correct and they do have some compensation that's at least a little better but to me Tosh.0 is still an aggregator show full of crappy videos that I didn't want to see anyway.

Quote:Putting a video on Youtube doesn't void your copyright. Youtube is just the means of distribution, the uploader still owns the video (assuming it wasn't someone else's content to begin with) and should be compensated. If HTYV is indeed correct and they do have some compensation that's at least a little better but to me Tosh.0 is still an aggregator show full of crappy videos that I didn't want to see anyway.

Look up "Fair Use Laws". If you don't think the legality of what they do is researched checked for holes by Comedy Central, you're silly.

Tosh's show isn't for everyone. The target demographic is very specific and if you're outside of that demographic, you're probably going to despise the show. However, it is much more than just showing videos. Like I said, the videos are merely props to his comedy routine.

Quote:Daniel Tosh tore ESPN a new one the other night for ripping off one of his segments. I won't link it because there is some NSFW language, but YouTube search "Sport Science.0".

Absolutely brilliant.

That is so funny.  

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 11:14 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Look up "Fair Use Laws". If you don't think the legality of what they do is researched checked for holes by Comedy Central, you're silly.

Tosh's show isn't for everyone. The target demographic is very specific and if you're outside of that demographic, you're probably going to despise the show. However, it is much more than just showing videos. Like I said, the videos are merely props to his comedy routine.
I think, and I could be wrong, what DF is saying is that he built a show on the backs of others work. Legal or not.

I will also add...I think it's a hilarious show, though I haven't seen any new episodes the last couple of seasons for whatever reason.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"