Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 12 AP And Coaches Poll

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 08:33 AM by TravC59.)

AP Top 25 RK TEAM RECORD PTS

1 Mississippi State (48) 9-0 1488

2 Florida State (12) 9-0 1446

3 Oregon 9-1 1334

4 Alabama 8-1 1326

5 TCU 8-1 1273

6 Baylor 8-1 1193

7 Arizona State 8-1 1142

8 Ohio State 8-1 1086

9 Auburn 7-2 981

10 Ole Miss 8-2 948

11 Nebraska 8-1 830

12 Michigan State 7-2 782

13 Kansas State 7-2 742

14 UCLA 8-2 691

15 Notre Dame 7-2 630

16 Georgia 7-2 622

17 Arizona 7-2 471

18 Clemson 7-2 457

19 Duke 8-1 431

20 LSU 7-3 429

21 Marshall 9-0 297

22 Wisconsin 7-2 225

23 Colorado State 9-1 128

24 Georgia Tech 8-2 127

25 Utah 6-3 87

USA Today Poll RK TEAM RECORD PTS

1 Mississippi State (41) 9-0 1528

2 Florida State (20) 9-0 1496

3 Alabama 8-1 1389

4 Oregon (1) 9-1 1382

5 TCU 8-1 1297

6 Baylor 8-1 1223

7 Ohio State 8-1 1148

8 Arizona State 8-1 1146

9 Auburn 7-2 962

10 Ole Miss 8-2 944

11 Nebraska 8-1 925

12 Michigan State 7-2 865

13 Kansas State 7-2 738

14 Georgia 7-2 693

15 UCLA 8-2 662

16 Notre Dame 7-2 654

17 Clemson 7-2 500

18 Arizona 7-2 487

19 Duke 8-1 466

20 LSU 7-3 371

21 Marshall 9-0 285

22 Wisconsin 7-2 265

23 Georgia Tech 8-2 142

24 Oklahoma 6-3 135

25 Colorado State 9-1 118

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They did it again - put two-loss Ole Miss in front of 8-1 Nebraska. Because 8-1 Ohio State is now in the top 10, the "Big Ten sucks" theory holds no water.

Quote:They did it again - put two-loss Ole Miss in front of 8-1 Nebraska. Because 8-1 Ohio State is now in the top 10, the "Big Ten sucks" theory holds no water.
So maybe Nebraska should be ahead of Ohio St, aka, Ohio then.

They lost to VT at home, who lost to ECU at home who lost last night to Cincinnati.

;

The rankings will never make sense. 

Georgia is ahead of Notre Dame. Notre Dame's two losses were to the 2nd and 8th ranked teams. Georgia lost to two unranked teams.

Quote:The rankings will never make sense. 

Georgia is ahead of Notre Dame. Notre Dame's two losses were to the 2nd and 8th ranked teams. Georgia lost to two unranked teams.
Very true. But I also think ND started out to high as well.

;

Quote:Very true. But I also think ND started out to high as well.

Georgia is ranked high for the same reason. They have beaten one ranked team and lost to two mediocre teams.

Quote:Georgia is ranked high for the same reason. They have beaten one ranked team and lost to two mediocre teams.
Which all comes back to the need for a larger playoff field I think.

;

The logical fix would be to eliminate non conference games and go to an adjustable bracket where Conference Champs get a guaranteed spot and then unbeaten and one loss teams get in and are seeded according to geographic location not media polls.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:So maybe Nebraska should be ahead of Ohio State.

They lost to VT at home, who lost to ECU at home who lost last night to Cincinnati.

Did Nebraska beat Michigan State decisively on the road? No. Who beat the Cornhuskers? If that team is not ranked either, you have no argument.

Quote:Did Nebraska beat Michigan State decisively on the road? No. Who beat the Cornhuskers? If that team is not ranked either, you have no argument.
They lost to Mi. St., so yes they are ranked. They didn't lose to a pretty bad team, at home, VT.

;

Quote:They lost to Mi. St., so yes they are ranked. They didn't lose to a pretty bad team, at home, VT.

If Ohio State holds on to finish 11-1, we will find out in December who is better. But my point is two-loss Ole Miss should not be ahead of a one-loss team. It should be Nebraska #10, Ole Miss #11.

Quote:If Ohio State holds on to finish 11-1, we will find out in December who is better. But my point is two-loss Ole Miss should not be ahead of a one-loss team. It should be Nebraska #10, Ole Miss #11.
Then by that rationale Marshall should be in the playoffs as it sits right now.

;

Quote:Then by that rationale Marshall should be in the playoffs as it sits right now.

What does Marshall have to do with anything?

Quote:What does Marshall have to do with anything?
They're undefeated and not ahead of the teams you are talking about. By your rationale, they should be in the top 4.

;

Quote:They're undefeated and not ahead of the teams you are talking about. By your rationale, they should be in the top 4.

Did Marhall beat top 10 team? If not, you make no sense.

I want to see the Big Ten get a better reputation nationally and hate the SEC bias that says, "If you play in the SEC you are better no matter what your record is." A good way to start correcting that is rank Nebraska over Ole Miss.

Quote:Did Marhall beat top 10 team? If not, you make no sense.

I want to see the Big Ten get a better reputation nationally and hate the SEC bias that says, "If you play in the SEC you are better no matter what your record is." A good way to start correcting that is rank Nebraska over Ole Miss.
No, I am simply going by your rationale. Undefeated record over a one loss and two loss team. Stick to your guns. Again, you said it.
;

Quote:Did Marhall beat top 10 team? If not, you make no sense.

I agree there is a national bias towards the SEC and their teams automatically get put in top 15 polls before the season without having to prove they are good enough to be there. I believe the playoff picture will play itself out though. It is irritating cheering for a non SEC school when you see an ole miss team lose two games and still be in the top ten though.

Quote:Then by that rationale Marshall should be in the playoffs as it sits right now.

Lol. Hey now,, we all know Marshall shouldnt be near top 5-10 talk, but you don't have to rub it in, haha!

Don't bring us down off of our excitement, we haven't had much over the past decade!

Anyway, if Marshall doesn't choke and can finish undefeated, they'll get a "decent" bowl game with a pretty good team to play against.

Quote:Lol. Hey now,, we all know Marshall shouldnt be near top 5-10 talk, but you don't have to rub it in, haha!

Don't bring us down off of our excitement, we haven't had much over the past decade!

Anyway, if Marshall doesn't choke and can finish undefeated, they'll get a "decent" bowl game with a pretty good team to play against.
Simple an example. 

;

Quote:Simple an example.

Lol I know.

Anyway,,, Marshall's offense is really tough this year. They can compete with alot of schools. Their defense = not so much. A bigger, more talented school would probably run them up and down the field.

Marshall will end up playing a school ranked somewhere between 15-30 in a bowl. About half of those they could probably win IMO. If WVU doesn't drop 3-4 more games, there is a likelihood that it could even be Marshall v WVU in a bowl. That would be an exciting game for a lot of us fans. WVU would probably win a close one though.