Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Bears fire Trestman...

Would you pick him up as a QB coach? Or is Scelfo solid going forward?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Im pretty sure he would find a OC job else where.

God no. I wouldn't want anything to do with that coaching staff. Unlike us, they actually have an offense that should dominate the NFL, and they can't do anything. 

I wouldn't touch any of their coaches with a 10 foot pole. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:God no. I wouldn't want anything to do with that coaching staff. Unlike us, they actually have an offense that should dominate the NFL, and they can't do anything. 

I wouldn't touch any of their coaches with a 10 foot pole.
To be fair.... A lot of that falls on Cutler. He's such a turd.

I would take him as an OC in a second. He'll get an OC job somewhere if he's fired from the Bears.

Cutler is a dud. Million dollar arm with a 10 cent head. He doesn't have the mental make up to be an NFL QB and it continues to show.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:To be fair.... A lot of that falls on Cutler. He's such a turd.

To be fair....Isn't Trestman the QB guru?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I would take him as an OC in a second. He'll get an OC job somewhere if he's fired from the Bears.

Cutler is a dud. Million dollar arm with a 10 cent head. He doesn't have the mental make up to be an NFL QB and it continues to show.

absolutely. trestman is an offensive mastermind.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 08:35 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:To be fair.... A lot of that falls on Cutler. He's such a turd.

I don't agree with you guys saying Cutler is a turd, but oh well. 

Quote:I don't agree with you guys saying Cutler is a turd, but oh well.

He isn't from an arm talent standpoint and he is far from the worst QB a team could have. He isn't the sole problem there but the guy makes poor throws way too often, especially for a $100,000,000 QB.

Quote:absolutely. trestman is an offensive mastermind.

He has a long track record of good offenses and getting good production from his QB in particular. He'd be a huge upgrade and a great guy to have on the staff.

Quote:He isn't from an arm talent standpoint and he is far from the worst QB a team could have. He isn't the sole problem there but the guy makes poor throws way too often, especially for a $100,000,000 QB.

This I agree with, he's definitely overpaid, but he's not horrible. 

This offense should be doing better than what it is even with him at QB. 

Quote:This I agree with, he's definitely overpaid, but he's not horrible. 

This offense should be doing better than what it is even with him at QB. 

Cutler has tons of talent, but he just doesn't have the mental makeup to get the most out of that talent.

He's an underachiever with the talent he has.

Too bad for Bears fans.

I remember when he played for Denver and stated that he had a stronger arm then Elway.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

No.

Quote:No.

Why not?

Quote:Why not?

I'm sure it's because the Bears look a mess right now, what else could it be?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Tressman makes $4.2m.   He's not coming here to be the QB Coach.   What does Jedd Fisch make?  $1.5m ?

Quote:I'm sure it's because the Bears look a mess right now, what else could it be?

Yeah, the bears are totally under-performing...  It gives pause regarding any of their coaching staff.

However...  I wouldn't be so quick to say no...  I think there are opportunities to upgrade our coordinators at the end of the season if we don't see some signs of better scheming/philosophy and play calling by december.

Quote:Tressman makes $4.2m.   He's not coming here to be the QB Coach.   What does Jedd Fisch make?  $1.5m ?

well if he gets turd canned as head coach i dont think hes gonna go out to another place and make the same amount of money at the same or different position....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Tressman makes $4.2m.   He's not coming here to be the QB Coach.   What does Jedd Fisch make?  $1.5m ?

Yeah, he'd be coming as the OC, not the QB coach, IF he came...

I'm honestly thinking that Bradley keeps his job, provided he throws one or both the coordinators under the bus...

Quote:I'm sure it's because the Bears look a mess right now, what else could it be?

I suppose so. It's understandable to place the blame on Trestman but I don't think he's the problem there.

The defense stinks, players are getting old and as I've said Cutler isn't a great QB. He can be great to good at times but then other times he's horrible.