Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Bears fire Trestman...

Quote: 

Also, something that's been running around in my head...  I guess now's a good a time as any to bring it up:

Have you noticed how strong we look in the first 15 minutes of every game?  Like practically every game this season, we've looked like the better team in the 1st quarter.  But after that, the other team figures us out, and we're toast...

This is why I feel like the talent on this team is there.  It's something that happens between the 2nd quarter and on into the 2nd half where all of a sudden the play calling get's bland and the D get's figured out...  That's again why I have little faith in the coaches.

But I feel like the players can execute well.  They just need a staff that can keep them ahead of the other team in terms of scheme, play calling, and preparation.

Have you noticed this?  In terms of how we perform in the 1st Quarter versus the rest of the game?

On the flip side, is it possible we have a sound game plan going into the game, it's adjusted for by the opponent, and then the talent gap becomes more apparent as the game goes on? I see people blasting the staff for not making adjustments but I wonder how many adjustments we are able to incorporate with so many young guys. They can barely get down the stuff they've been practicing all week. How on earth are they going to be able to execute changes on the fly?

Also, you said you feel the players can execute well. I have to disagree with this in regards to yesterday's game. It turned largely due to turnovers, and specifically, fumbles. That is not coaching, that is player execution.

That being said, the single coverage on Dez at the end of the half was unbelievable so the coaching isn't exempt either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Actually I would say thats a good argument that we have good coaches. If you pencil whip em at first, it means you know what your doing, if the team cant keep it up that makes me think the other coachs adjust, and our players cant.

Ha, I just said the same thing!

Quote:LOL, I thew out Cam Cameron yesterday. I've kept to myself the thought of trying to poach Lane Kiffin, for crying out loud!

I think we're all pretty much at that point where it feels like the darkest it's every been.

I just try to keep telling myself that it's about to turn around. I honestly feel like our players are ready to get there. I'm just wishing and hoping this coaching staff can figure it out soon. But from what I'm seeing so far, I have my doubts.

I actually really like what lane kiffin brings to the table. He's a bit of a kook but I'd be interested. If he can work under saban....he can make it work.

I agree with what you said before. The inconsistency and the struggle after the first quarter or half....it points to coaching but it also is an issue of depth.

If there was more depth I think we would be more competitive in the second half and later in games but at the same time if we were better coached we wouldn't be down so much come second half.

There isn't just one problem but idk...the team needs to be competitive.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Marc Trestman sucks...interesting.

He'd be an instant and significant upgrade to our OC position.

Cutler, despite his many faults, isn't having a bad statistical season.  

He's completed 66.4% of his passes for 2365 yards.  18 TDs and 10 INTs.   His QB rating is 92.3.

The Bears problem, in my opinions, stems far deeper than Trestman.  Their FO hasn't put a good team together, they aren't drafting well enough and their defense has fallen apart over the last two seasons.  They're allowing something like 30 points a game and have been near last in the league in points allowed over the last two seasons.

That team is a mess and it's not going to get better any time soon.  It would probably benefit Trestman to jump off that sinking ship and take an OC job for a season or two.

Quote:Marc Trestman sucks...interesting.

He'd be an instant and significant upgrade to our OC position.

Cutler, despite his many faults, isn't having a bad statistical season.

He's completed 66.4% of his passes for 2365 yards. 18 TDs and 10 INTs. His QB rating is 92.3.

The Bears problem, in my opinions, stems far deeper than Trestman. Their FO hasn't put a good team together, they aren't drafting well enough and their defense has fallen apart over the last two seasons. They're allowing something like 30 points a game and have been near last in the league in points allowed over the last two seasons.

That team is a mess and it's not going to get better any time soon. It would probably benefit Trestman to jump off that sinking ship and take an OC job for a season or two.

FWIW, Trestman is working with pretty much the same starters that Lovie was working with.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:FWIW, Trestman is working with pretty much the same starters that Lovie was working with.

I get that but that doesn't make a big difference in my opinion.

I'm not advocating bringing Trestman in at HC.  I wouldn't want that at all.  I'm advocating bringing him in as an OC, he has proven success with offense and getting good production from the QB spot.  That's what we need.  We need someone with experience and success in that area.  

You don't consider him a big upgrade to Fisch at OC?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 01:02 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:I get that but that doesn't make a big difference in my opinion.

I'm not advocating bringing Trestman in at HC. I wouldn't want that at all. I'm advocating bringing him in as an OC, he has proven success with offense and getting good production from the QB spot. That's what we need. We need someone with experience and success in that area.

You don't consider him a big upgrade to Fisch at OC?
Idk. I'm indifferent considering he's working with offensive firepower capable of putting up 30+ points a week but struggling to score 7. Marshall and Jeffery, Cutler, Forte, and Bennett. This is a dream offense on paper. So why aren't they producing for the offensive guru?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Dude was stuck in the CFL for a reason.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

There are two major problems in Chicago: Jay Cutler and (surprise!) Mel Tucker. If Trestman is fired, I doubt he comes here. I think he'd rather go back to being a head coach in the CFL than an offensive coordinator or quarterbacks coach in the NFL.

did you see the bears sunday night?  that team is almost as much of a joke as we are.

Quote:did you see the bears sunday night?  that team is almost as much of a joke as we are.

What is their excuse since they are not as young as the Jags?

They have veterans on the Bears, although the HC is in his first year.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote: What is their excuse since they are not as young as the Jags?

probably poor line play

Quote:What is their excuse since they are not as young as the Jags?

Second year.

Quote:Second year.

OK, he's in his 2nd year and the bears have a worse record (3-6) this year after 9 games then last year after 9 games (5-4).

They aren't improving either, they actually look worse then last year.

Quote:OK, he's in his 2nd year and the bears have a worse record (3-6) this year after 9 games then last year after 9 games (5-4).

They aren't improving either, they actually look worse then last year.

Thanks for the info?

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 02:00 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Idk. I'm indifferent considering he's working with offensive firepower capable of putting up 30+ points a week but struggling to score 7. Marshall and Jeffery, Cutler, Forte, and Bennett. This is a dream offense on paper. So why aren't they producing for the offensive guru?

Forte had his best year of his career last year in Trestman's offense but he's also going to be 29 next month.  He's approaching the point where RBs fall off a cliff in their production.  Bennett is producing better than he ever has in Trestman's offense.  I've already explained my thoughts on Jay Cutler.  He's an INT machine but doesn't give you enough production in TDs to offset them.  He only played 11 in games last year but matched his TD total from 15 games in 2012, had a career best completion %, and averaged 36 more yards a game than he had in 2012.

Brandon Marshall has his ups and downs.  He had less yards and catches in 2013 than the year prior but also had 31 less targets but 1 more TD.  He's having a down year this year.

Alshon Jeffery absolutely exploded last year in Trestman's offense and is on pace for a good year this year.

I stand by that their FO and Mel Tucker are a bigger problem than Trestman and his offense is.  

Quote:Forte had his best year of his career last year in Trestman's offense but he's also going to be 29 next month. He's approaching the point where RBs fall off a cliff in their production. Bennett is producing better than he ever has in Trestman's offense. I've already explained my thoughts on Jay Cutler. He's an INT machine but doesn't give you enough production in TDs to offset them. He only played 11 in games last year but matched his TD total from 15 games in 2012, had a career best completion %, and averaged 36 more yards a game than he had in 2012.

Brandon Marshall has his ups and downs. He had less yards and catches in 2013 than the year prior but also had 31 less targets but 1 more TD. He's having a down year this year.

Alshon Jeffery absolutely exploded last year in Trestman's offense and is on pace for a good year this year.

I stand by that their FO and Mel Tucker are a bigger problem than Trestman and his offense is.
Despite all that they are the 23rd ranked scoring offense this year, down from 2nd last year.

I don't want anything to do with the night stalker richard ramirez.

Quote:I don't want anything to do with the night stalker richard ramirez.

This is a killer post.

And now there are reports out that the team quit Sunday night. Once that happens its hard to get back on track.