Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jameis Winston Again

Well.  Once again Jameis Winston can't stay out of the news.  He is allegedly involved in a point shaving scandal, so his friend could win 5,000 dollars.  If this is true, there is no hope for this moron...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/r...ar-AA7msbk

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 12:11 PM by badger.)

this was in the news a week ago

edit:  however the NCAA investigation is NEW.  More SEC bias of course

Right on time!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They have to investigate because the allegation is serious and it's Jameis. The source that started it all though is a known fraudster.

Quote:Right on time!

Just saw it while browsing the web. Relax.

Quote:They have to investigate because the allegation is serious and it's Jameis. The source that started it all though is a known fraudster.

if it warrants an investigation, they are likely going off of more than just "one guy says"

Quote:if it warrants an investigation, they are likely going off of more than just "one guy says"

i actually agree with you here. i dont think the ncaa investigates everything that someone posts and accuses someone of on the internet whether its about jameis or not.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He's been in so much trouble already, I wouldn't doubt he was involved.  He was probably trying to make some money.

We landed on the moon.

Quote:We landed on the moon.
[Image: 3yb7g.gif]

Quote:We landed on the moon.

how many times are you going to reference that? it was funny the first time. now its just kind of sad.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

damn... I had guessed his next crime would be a DUI.... or somehow drug related.  Wouldnt have guessed point shaving.  You dont see this as much in football as you do in basketball.

Actually 'one guy says' is the standard for a lot of official bodies to look into things. If I go to the police and tell them I was mugged I don't expect to need more to start the investigation than my word. If I go to the FCC and tell them my company is engaging in fraud, I'd expect the same. When the NCAA hears an accusation, especially one featuring star players that directly affect the integrity of the game I don't think they need more than that to look into it.

And 'looking into it' is by definition an investigation.

Just wait and see how much trouble he gets in as the QB for the Los Angeles Rams.

Quote:Actually 'one guy says' is the standard for a lot of official bodies to look into things. If I go to the police and tell them I was mugged I don't expect to need more to start the investigation than my word. If I go to the FCC and tell them my company is engaging in fraud, I'd expect the same. When the NCAA hears an accusation, especially one featuring star players that directly affect the integrity of the game I don't think they need more than that to look into it.

And 'looking into it' is by definition an investigation.

they would need more than incarcerated bob to invest the time and money into a full investigation.  I mean, I know that makes you nervous and afraid to admit, but... this is bigger than you thought.

Damm man, trav already has a topic on this.

Can we just create a Winston off the field news thread and make it a sticky?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:they would need more than incarcerated bob to invest the time and money into a full investigation.  I mean, I know that makes you nervous and afraid to admit, but... this is bigger than you thought.

Well the NCAA and or University hasnt launched a investigation.

Still a story to the bitter Gator trolls though.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Well the NCAA and or University hasnt launched a investigation.

Still a story to the bitter Gator trolls though.

the article just said the NCAA is investigating

Quote:the article just said the NCAA is investigating

hahahahah yeah and its only "gator trolls" that care when winston breaks rules or commits a crime.

Quote:the article just said the NCAA is investigating

yep that they are investigating a report from TMZ which they got from a convicted felon.

he said she said at this point and time.