Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offseason focus: 2015 - offense, 2016 - defense, 2017 - trenches?

We do have a RB capable of rushing for more than 50 yards per game, his name is Chris Ivory, he's done it multiple times, just not last year/here.

I don't know where this magical elite QB is coming from, but in today's NFL your running back matters not much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We do have a RB capable of rushing for more than 50 yards per game, his name is Chris Ivory, he's done it multiple times, just not last year/here.

I don't know where this magical elite QB is coming from, but in today's NFL your running back matters not much.
Yeah I'm not going to hang my hopes on a 29 year old back who cant stay healthy and has only been over a 1000 once.

Playoff teams have shown a running game is important. Is only having a good to elite RB alone going to take you to the super bowl no, but you have to have a running game to keep defenses honest.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I would risk taking Leonard Fournette. We need a RB that can change the pace on our offense. It will help Blake out more so he doesn't have to sling it 30 times a game. We can land a free agent OL to help out. 

Chhhhammmmpppiiooonnnshhhiippppp

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ree-agency

Quote:Chhhhammmmpppiiooonnnshhhiippppp

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20859/jaguars-should-target-eric-berry-jason-pierre-paul-in-free-agency'>http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20859/jaguars-should-target-eric-berry-jason-pierre-paul-in-free-agency</a>

That would be quite the haul. No way it happens.

One thing to remember is that for the most part rookie offensive lineman take 2-3 years to become competent  NFL starters.  However RBs are generally able to contribute much earlier.  I think the Jaguars need to decide whether they want to dot the i next year, or continue to build for the future.

Quote:One thing to remember is that for the most part rookie offensive lineman take 2-3 years to become competent  NFL starters. 

Tackles maybe.  

I'd say half (or more) of the interior lineman taken in the first three rounds are able to be competent starters right away. 

At minimum, I believe help on the oline, adding to the RB stable, and a contingency at QB will make the most impact.

Nail these three this year, and that sets a base for positive forward momentum.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Chhhhammmmpppiiooonnnshhhiippppp

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20859/jaguars-should-target-eric-berry-jason-pierre-paul-in-free-agency'>http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20859/jaguars-should-target-eric-berry-jason-pierre-paul-in-free-agency</a>

Give me one of those guards and JPP and I would be thrilled.

We have decent competition for the other guard spot and our passrush is way too young.

Quote:We do have a RB capable of rushing for more than 50 yards per game, his name is Chris Ivory, he's done it multiple times, just not last year/here.

I agree about Ivory even though the typical fan around here tends to forget he exists. Simply put, I can see Ivory thriving in a system that's actually designed to feed the RB throughout a game. The split time with TJ while getting a freak snap here and an occasional snap there routine he was in last year would make it tough for just about any RB to excel.

Hackett has a history of coaching up strong running offenses, so I'm excited to see what he does this year especially if they manage to beef up the OL and bring in a FB. Short of obtaining a first round RB (personally I think we'll go S), Yeldon needs to take a back seat with Ivory plugged in as their bell cow. He's certainly getting paid enough for the role, and I see the talent in him. He just needs trainers to help him stay healthy and a good coaching up regarding his fumbles.

'02

On ESPN's Jaguars team page. Chammmmppppiiionnnshhhiiippppp

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/...ree-agency

Quote:I agree about Ivory even though the typical fan around here tends to forget he exists. Simply put, I can see Ivory thriving in a system that's actually designed to feed the RB throughout a game. The split time with TJ while getting a freak snap here and an occasional snap there routine he was in last year would make it tough for just about any RB to excel.

Hackett has a history of coaching up strong running offenses, so I'm excited to see what he does this year especially if they manage to beef up the OL and bring in a FB. Short of obtaining a first round RB (personally I think we'll go S), Yeldon needs to take a back seat with Ivory plugged in as their bell cow. He's certainly getting paid enough for the role, and I see the talent in him. He just needs trainers to help him stay healthy and a good coaching up regarding his fumbles.

I like Ivory.  He's got a couple good years left in him IMO and I've said many times that he and Yeldon would be good behind an improved line. 

Your point on his snaps last season is a bit inaccurate, however. 

Ivory received a favorable amount of snaps compared to Yeldon in seven of the eleven games he was active for last year.  Sometimes receiving double the number of snaps that Yeldon received. 

It's a shame he wasn't healthier and the line blocked so poorly.